+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Congratulations
What was your AOR & NOC?
Hi Sumeet. My AOR was Aug 2.
I had two NOCs - 2 years in 1122 (business management consulting) and 1 year in 0111 (Financial management). My actual experience is over 10 years and I entered all of it in my profile. But only a max of 3 years matters. This is what my most recent 3 years were split into. Prior to these 3 years, my experience was all in 0111.

I read some conversation on this thread about "IT" people receiving preference in processing PRs. This isn't really true. Your NOC doesn't make your application move faster or slower. It is a combination of SEVERAL factors that determine the speed of your application - including which visa office it lands up at, your travel and personal history's complexity, the ease in verifying your work experience, countries you have visited or lived in and how easy it is to do background checks for those, whether you made material changes to your profile after receiving ITA (such as adding a spouse which could lead to score recalculation) etc.

Last edited:

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Just sad:

Eligibility: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Info Sharing: Complete

Confusedperson

Aug 23, 2018
Inland applicant CEC
AOR 22nd August

Had my interview yesterday and got my COPR!!! (Initially I was given a interview date of 22nd December but had to schedule for travel purposes)

good luck everyone!

Reactions: misabgd and M&Ms

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
If eligibility is "not started", how can you have "case analyst recommended eligibility passed"?
It's not started when it hasn't been looked at by an officer yet. More precisely, the case processing agent in the first month provides their recommendations. When a file is moved to another office or LVO, the "new value" changes to "not started".

Oct 4, 2018
It's not started when it hasn't been looked at by an officer yet. More precisely, the case processing agent in the first month provides their recommendations. When a file is moved to another office or LVO, the "new value" changes to "not started".
thank you, this is new to me. I thought our application goes to LVO only at last stage. I really do not know a lot about it.

Slick007

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Hi Sumeet. My AOR was Aug 2.
I had two NOCs - 2 years in 1122 (business management consulting) and 1 year in 0111 (Financial management). My actual experience is over 10 years and I entered all of it in my profile. But only a max of 3 years matters. This is what my most recent 3 years were split into. Prior to these 3 years, my experience was all in 0111.

I read some conversation on this thread about "IT" people receiving preference in processing PRs. This isn't really true. Your NOC doesn't make your application move faster or slower. It is a combination of SEVERAL factors that determine the speed of your application - including which visa office it lands up at, your travel and personal history's complexity, the ease in verifying your work experience, countries you have visited or lived in and how easy it is to do background checks for those, whether you made material changes to your profile after receiving ITA (such as adding a spouse which could lead to score recalculation) etc.
It would helpful if you can let us know that if your status was getting changed accurately online as per the progress of application or just got information by calling / GCMS notes throughout the lifecycle of your case.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
It would helpful if you can let us know that if your status was getting changed accurately online as per the progress of application or just got information by calling / GCMS notes throughout the lifecycle of your case.
1. My status did not change accurately online. The only change I ever saw was “medical passed”. After that it was in the status “we will let you know when your background check starts” till the very end when I got my PPR. Quite clearly, this meant that my background check had started but didn’t show online.

2. I never ordered GCMS notes. I am strongly of the opinion that one should order them only if 6 months have passed and you still haven’t got a result. The normal processing time is 6 months. Why unnecessarily waste the time of the CIC in generating and providing notes when you are well within the processing time? As such, agents/visa officers are limited and their workload is increasing. Burdening staff with these additional requests universally slows down the process for everyone.

3. Even my online status, I didn’t check every day. I had applied through a lawyer. When you do this, you don’t have access to your MyCIC account. Only your lawyer does. I only got to know my online status once a week. I had considered calling the CIC when I saw absolutely no movement on my account past medical passed. But the day I decided to call, I got my PPR. So I ended up not calling.

4. I have said this before and I will say it again- because in my opinion, this is the most important thing: Don’t check your account all the time and obsess over “ghost updates”. It is simply not worth it. Some people stop living their normal lives - they get obsessed with their application and it’s status and check it like 10 times a day. That’s just not a good thing and it’ll give you nothing. If they have said it takes 6 months, give it 6 months. The panic should set in only after that point. Not before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaheed and M&Ms

Slick007

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
1. My status did not change accurately online. The only change I ever saw was “medical passed”. After that it was in the status “we will let you know when your background check starts” till the very end when I got my PPR. Quite clearly, this meant that my background check had started but didn’t show online.

2. I never ordered GCMS notes. I am strongly of the opinion that one should order them only if 6 months have passed and you still haven’t got a result. The normal processing time is 6 months. Why unnecessarily waste the time of the CIC in generating and providing notes when you are well within the processing time? As such, agents/visa officers are limited and their workload is increasing. Burdening staff with these additional requests universally slows down the process for everyone.

3. Even my online status, I didn’t check every day. I had applied through a lawyer. When you do this, you don’t have access to your MyCIC account. Only your lawyer does. I only got to know my online status once a week. I had considered calling the CIC when I saw absolutely no movement on my account past medical passed. But the day I decided to call, I got my PPR. So I ended up not calling.

4. I have said this before and I will say it again- because in my opinion, this is the most important thing: Don’t check your account all the time and obsess over “ghost updates”. It is simply not worth it. Some people stop living their normal lives - they get obsessed with their application and it’s status and check it like 10 times a day. That’s just not a good thing and it’ll give you nothing. If they have said it takes 6 months, give it 6 months. The panic should set in only after that point. Not before.
I completely agree with all your points and my thinking is exactly the same. My AOR is 3rd Aug, as of now status is just medical passed. I don’t have any complex travel history other traveling to my home country. I am in US from last 8 years. Not sure, but I always hope for the best. Thank you!

readyforCA

Dec 12, 2018
Yeah, this guy started a blog and I'm sure there are many who followed his blog, including me. I personally think it's his own experience but they shouldn't invite non-IT NOC candidates if they don't want non-IT people. Canada needs all sorts of people, not only IT. IT maybe in demand but looking snugger picture they need taxes and drain savings from all, not just IT folks.
I don't think NOC has anything to do with processing times. I might have a very small sample size here but it should give you some glimpse - I am a non-IT NOC (read: Finance/Investment Banking/Private Equity) and I got my PPR in 3.5 months. One of my friends is a corporate lawyer and she got her PPR in less than 3 months. Finally, one of my ex-colleagues, who was part of our HR team, got her PPR in 2 months. On the other hand, my close friend from undergrad, who went to Canada for his MS in Computer Science, got his PPR in 6.5 months despite having Canadian experience, education, and being from IT background.