AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
does someone happen to know how to withdraw the application which was submitted just 1 minute ago.???...

MumbaiIndian

Jun 4, 2013
xihy06 said:
Guys I need your help here....

It seems that I have very little chance to get AOR today. My closed WP expires on October 10, i.e. tomorrow. Right now i have already uploaded every document online for BOWP application except the AOR. As very probably my AOR will come tomorrow, I have some doubts here and need you guys' help and suggestions. Thanks a million in advance!!

I have two options:

1. Tonight I submit my BOWP app online without AOR but with an explanation letter, or
2. I wait until tomorrow to see if my AOR comes, but I will submit the BOWP app anyway by tomorrow night.

My concerns is: the expiry date on my current WP is tomorrow, but my WP is still valid tomorrow, right? Do you think it is too risky? applying without an AOR is also risky though... Guys please suggest... I am worried to death here... :'(
I would suggest to wait till tomorrow as you still have one day. If you submit without AOR, chances of getting refused is higher. you can ref the topic as below.http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-got-refused-need-advice-t166868.0.html

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
xihy06 said:
guys just received my AOR a minute ago....... funny is...I just submitted my BOWP online... what a day!!!!!
You received the email at night... I am constantly watching my inbox.. can you tell me the senders address?

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
MumbaiIndian said:
I would suggest to wait till tomorrow as you still have one day. If you submit without AOR, chances of getting refused is higher. you can ref the topic as below.http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-got-refused-need-advice-t166868.0.html
Thanks MumbaiIndian.

I already submitted my BOWP just now but what surprised me is that the confirmation letter they sent me indicating that I submitted it on 10 Oct...probably I should be feel lucky that I submitted earlier..

It looks like:
"Date : October 9, 2013
Application No. WXXXXX
Dear XXX,
This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on October 10, 2013."

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
tarunkhetarpal said:
You received the email at night... I am constantly watching my inbox.. can you tell me the senders address?
Hi it is sent from Centralized-Intake-Office <Centralized-Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca>

you will get yours soon i believe. Hang in there... look at me,,, i just sent off my BOWP and then got the AOR,,,what a coincidence!!! I feel like experienced a whole life tonight...

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
xihy06 said:
guys just received my AOR a minute ago....... funny is...I just submitted my BOWP online... what a day!!!!!
Congratulations!

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Finally received the AOR at 10.15 pm EST. What a relief. Hang on guys looks like CIC is working after hours and weekends to clear the backlog... all the best.....

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
xihy06 said:
Congrats! Happy for you!
It seems you are on the edge! Forward the AOR for BOWP or upload online if you could.

tarunkhetarpal said:
Finally received the AOR at 10.15 pm EST. What a relief. Hang on guys looks like CIC is working after hours and weekends to clear the backlog... all the best.....
Congrats! I hope your tension subsided!

MumbaiIndian

Jun 4, 2013
tarunkhetarpal said:
I think they don't work after hours or weekend , but their email processing is after hours to avoid network traffic and latency .

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
xihy06 said:

Congratulations !!! I wish you all the best ! I will also be in the same situation at the end of October, I hope to receive my AOR a few days before my WP expiry.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
tarunkhetarpal said:

Congratulations Tarun !! All the very best ! I know how much tension you did go through.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
MumbaiIndian said:
I think they don't work after hours or weekend , but their email processing is after hours to avoid network traffic and latency .
I don't know about that. Email doesn't use much bandwidth. I've noticed on trackitt that the flow of AORs seems to stop from time to time, even when you take the weekends out of the equation. Of course that only covers people who chose to put their cases on trackitt, but I reckon there are days where they are simply doing other things.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
I don't know about that. Email doesn't use much bandwidth. I've noticed on trackitt that the flow of AORs seems to stop from time to time, even when you take the weekends out of the equation. Of course that only covers people who chose to put their cases on trackitt, but I reckon there are days where they are simply doing other things.
Emails also might be automated. Sending out emails on scheduled jobs for a batch of applicants.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
Thanks to all of you guys!

Finally I have some time to recall what happened to me last night. Here I write it down and give some thoughts. Hope it will be helpful for those who will be in the same situation and are also on the edge of receiving AOR when submitting BOWP applications.

I got my AOR last night at 9:30 pm Oct. 9, only 5 minutes after I just submitted my BOWP without AOR!!! Can you imagine how I felt at that time! it was so dramatic!!

As my current WP expires today, October 10, I decided to submit a new application for BOWP right away. So during the next two hours after receiving AOR I went through the online application all again but this time with the AOR and paid the fee again for me and my spouse. I receieved the confirmation letter for both applications right after I finished the submission for each time, i.e. 9:30 pm the first application was confirmed and at 11:30pm the second confirmed. According to the confirmation letter, there is no way to refund or withdraw your application, so once you submitted online, what's done is done.

Though in the letter it states that "Do not submit multiple applications for the same service in an effort to speed up your application. Doing this may result in both applications being processed and delay the finalization of your application. CIC does not refund processed applications." But I guess it is not my situation. I was not submitting duplicately because I want to speed up. It's because the first one was incomplete and there is a chance to get rejected. Hope it will be fine for the multiple apps though.. I paid $600 for two in total (me and my spouse).. hope the extra $300 is worth it!

Here I give some advice to those who are also concerning about the AOR and BOWP thing:

While waiting for AOR, WP is about to expire, when to submit the BOWP?

Theoretically you can wait until the day printed on your WP, but I suggest to submit it a day before or at least 12 hours in advance AT THE LATEST. For my case, when I was doing the online survey to get the checklist, when i input the expiry day of my current WP, the system reminded that "you have to finish your submission today or you will have restore your status", even I submitted at 11:30pm (UTC-05:00, Eastern Time) October 9. The confirmation letter I received states that my application was successfully submitted at 3:30 am October 10, so you will see there is a 4 hours time difference between my local time and the online application system. So be careful, never submit by the midnight on your expiry day!

Actually I have no idea how my BOWP will be going, but I hope for the best and wait for the next 30-40 days.. I will keep you updated and any questions about this matter I am willing to help..

It's gonna be a long post... :p :p Good luck everyone!