+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, took approx. 7 to 10 days including weekend to update medical received.

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Yes, ECAS says this
We received HUSBAND's application for permanent residence on August 15, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Luckyman said:
keep in mind that the entire process is based on your application received date. I've scoured this forum for statistical analysis, and what I've come up with is the vast majority of visa offices base their processing on this date...so for example, my application in e-cas says application date of Aug. 15, and not when VO received the file.
Yes, that is important to remember.

fridgdesign

Aug 15, 2012
We've just had confirmation that Stage 1 has been approved and our VISA application has been sent to London for the start of Stage 2!

;D

kyle18

Jul 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cem
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fridgdesign said:
We've just had confirmation that Stage 1 has been approved and our VISA application has been sent to London for the start of Stage 2!

;D
Congrats! :)

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Got my AOR by email yesterday. I applied on 24th August so they're slowly working through. When we applied my wife (my sponsor) wasn't working in Canada but she now has a job in Toronto. Should I inform CIC or just let the sponsorship go through as there's no financial minimum requirements for spousal sponsorship...

Thoughts?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
SaMoS said:
Got my AOR by email yesterday. I applied on 24th August so they're slowly working through. When we applied my wife (my sponsor) wasn't working in Canada but she now has a job in Toronto. Should I inform CIC or just let the sponsorship go through as there's no financial minimum requirements for spousal sponsorship...

Thoughts?
Same thing for me (and received AOR a week ago... still waiting for sponsor approval). I was unemployed when we first applied (I'm sponsoring my husband) but now I have a job, however, the hours (and pay) are limited. At this point there's not much u can do. Once it's sent to the visa office you can update them to the change, but it really shouldn't make too much of a difference. Unless I get hired onto a school board (I'm a teacher...) then I won't bother with the update, especially since it's most important for the sponsor approval part and a job is not necessary as long as you have the means to support each other (through savings or like in our case my parents are allowing us to live with them and support us until we're able to get out on out own).

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
fridgdesign said:

;D
congratulations! and welcome to London VO and stage 2 - you can come and join in the London Thread if you want as well - and feel free to include yourself in the spreadsheet - the one for London is open, and the link is in my signature...
Good luck on stage 2,
Sweden

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
tink23 said:
Same thing for me (and received AOR a week ago... still waiting for sponsor approval). I was unemployed when we first applied (I'm sponsoring my husband) but now I have a job, however, the hours (and pay) are limited. At this point there's not much u can do. Once it's sent to the visa office you can update them to the change, but it really shouldn't make too much of a difference. Unless I get hired onto a school board (I'm a teacher...) then I won't bother with the update, especially since it's most important for the sponsor approval part and a job is not necessary as long as you have the means to support each other (through savings or like in our case my parents are allowing us to live with them and support us until we're able to get out on out own).
but isn't the sponsor's work more relevant to the sponsor approval process (Stage 1) rather than the PR approval process so they need to know now rather than when it goes to the VO (London in my case)...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
SaMoS said:
but isn't the sponsor's work more relevant to the sponsor approval process (Stage 1) rather than the PR approval process so they need to know now rather than when it goes to the VO (London in my case)...
It is, but it's really not all that important. University students accumulating debt and no job are approved to sponsor. And if you're file is still in Mississauga, they're most likely not going to look for your file to add that info, even if u do now have a uci number.
You can give it a try. I'm not going to bother because even if I did share with them my new employment, it's so minimal it shouldn't even make a difference.

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
tink23 said:
It is, but it's really not all that important. University students accumulating debt and no job are approved to sponsor. And if you're file is still in Mississauga, they're most likely not going to look for your file to add that info, even if u do now have a uci number.
You can give it a try. I'm not going to bother because even if I did share with them my new employment, it's so minimal it shouldn't even make a difference.
Cool..thanks. I think I'll follow your advice and leave it too. Good luck :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Usually there's nothing bad about a long weekend! But I don't like them now since it's an extra day on the weekend that CIC won't be processing our applications!

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
any news from 10-13 aug

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
MRS SAM said:
any news from 10-13 aug
It's been a 3 day weekend there likely isn't any news.

PS- Happy Thanksgiving! =D

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
CharlizeRai said:
It just said on Ecas...we received the application for xxxxx on August 8 2012. Medical results have been received.

September 14 I got approval, and by Monday or Tuesday it said medical results have been received.
hello, im kinda slow with the Ecas. So Ecas is the website on CIC, that you enter the UCI or file number to check ur status. isnt it?
then. "Medical results have been received" what does that mean? does it mean the application was received by VO?
i received the approval from stage 1, its written that the application has been forwarded to VO. but i guess it doesnt mean the VO has received it yet. after few months, the VO officer will open, then send a notice i.e AOR . is it correct?

my Ecas doenst show the "Medical results have been received". should i be worried?

Linh