Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Cheerio said:
I'm feeling a bit strange... hmm. What if, for some reason they don't input our emails correctly and/or we accidentally mistyped it? Do they also send a letter by mail (the AOR or Sponsorship Approval)??
Hopefully that's true. Or if we at least get an AOR from the visa office once the file has been transferred. I would hope, since they don't really let us know much with this process, that they can at least double check that the email has been entered correctly! This, however, shouldn't be too big of an issue if you validated and printed bar codes because then it gets scanned directly from what we wrote in the IMM 0008 and IMM 1344 forms.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Cheerio said:
I'm feeling a bit strange... hmm. What if, for some reason they don't input our emails correctly and/or we accidentally mistyped it? Do they also send a letter by mail (the AOR or Sponsorship Approval)??
aor's are by email and sponsorship approval is either/or depending on the agent working on the file....and just because you get an aor email don't assume the approval will come that wait cause it is a 50/50 chance it will be snail mail!!!! :)

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
epilobium said:
Congrats Mrs. Winter!Not everyone gets an AOR, *and* some people find the AOR email in their spam folder.
I keep thinking that I'm going to accidentally delete the email if it ends up in my spam box :eek:

Cheerio said:
I also keep panicking and thinking that I typed my email wrong :eek:

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
I was going to look back on my saved forms to confirm I typed in the email correctly but this computer can't open pdf files -.-' Ill continue being paranoid till tomorrow!

I think this is a dumb question, but, can anyone tell me the reason for the barcodes exactly? Like, how to they use them-- and what if for some reason their machine can't read them?

I was thinking they were the exact information we typed and would then translate onto a computer screen for them and that the printed forms were also handed in incase they couldn't read the barcode.... or would they just return the forms if the barcodes are unreadable??

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Sweden said:
Hey Markym,

Just be as detailed as possible - include past pay stubs, explain your situation now, and what is your plan when your husband is there, how you will support him. It can also help to show if he has qualifications or experiences that he could use in Canada, explain that. Get a letter from your parents (if that's the case) stating that you can stay with them until you are more autonomous etc... CIC wants to see that you have a plan, that you have thought about how to support you and your family, and that you will not go on welfare... and that should be good.
My partner was approved as a sponsor even if he has only been working 5 months in the last 3 years as he was a full time student outside of Canada. He has some debts to pay for his studies, and he still got approved to sponsor me - he included a detailed plan on how he will look for work, what he can do, what I can do as well, etc. He got approved within the "normal" approval time (92 days at that time!) and without any extra questions.
Good luck!
Sweden
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING AND FOR GIVING SUCH IDEAS TO ME :)
I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU :)

after 92 days, you're with your husband already? :)

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
thank you so much guys for helping !
goodluck and godbless to all of us !

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
Shylox said:
Look everyone! Wait time for sponsorship approval has been lowered from 86 to 66 days(for spousal)! =D

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
So, I had just called to double check again with CIC about older forms (my anxiety), and apparently they should be okay. But I was informed that they are processing applications FROM May 18 - June 25. So, I am thinking either the call agent was misinformed, OR the date provided on the website is deceptive and probably won't change much by next week. UGH.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
markym said:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING AND FOR GIVING SUCH IDEAS TO ME :)
I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU :)

after 92 days, you're with your husband already? :)
you're welcome - glad I can help!

I live outside of Canada with my partner, so we are lucky enough to live together already, and not be separated for the process. Now that the sponsorship approval has come through, we are moving to Canada in october, with or without PR - I'll go as a tourist as I am from a visa exempt and hopefully the PR will be issued soon after that...

Good luck with your process!
Sweden

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
KJG said:
aor's are by email and sponsorship approval is either/or depending on the agent working on the file....and just because you get an aor email don't assume the approval will come that wait cause it is a 50/50 chance it will be snail mail!!!! :)
True. I'm not so anxious about getting an AOR, I'm more concerned with being one of the lucky group that gets sponsorship approval early in the process :p

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hello, i have a question...my husband and I sent our application 5 days ago and the post office said it was delivered, so what next?? are we going to hear from the embassy ?? thank you

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Safou said:
hello, i have a question...my husband and I sent our application 5 days ago and the post office said it was delivered, so what next?? are we going to hear from the embassy ?? thank you
Now you just have to wait ::) some people get AOR, some don't... A month or two from now you should get sponsor approval, and how long until you get PR approval will depend on how long Paris takes.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Safou said:
You just wait =) That's all you can do now. These are the current wait times http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

As you can see you probably won't hear anything for at least 66 days or so, maybe a little sooner if you're lucky. Now is when you learn to master patience! haha

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Shylox said:
You just wait =) That's all you can do now. These are the current wait times http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

As you can see you probably won't hear anything for at least 66 days or so, maybe a little sooner if you're lucky. Now is when you learn to master patience! haha
i like that, haha now is when you learn to master patience! haha :)
aw. good luck to all of us!

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
thank you guys, I'm really thankful to this forum...this stupid visa already taugh me how to be patient, we have no choice though..Inshaa'Allah (God willing) it will go smoothly and fast for all of us...thank you

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
markym said:
i like that, haha now is when you learn to master patience! haha :)
aw. good luck to all of us!
It's true =) haha

Safou said:
thank you guys, I'm really thankful to this forum...this stupid visa already taugh me how to be patient, we have no choice though..Inshaa'Allah (God willing) it will go smoothly and fast for all of us...thank you
I'm thankful too it's so great to have this support group type thing full of people in the same exact stressful situation. Sure, I can talk to my friends about it but they don't truly and fully understand how much this process can take out of a person.