+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey guys, my husband and I sent our application 2 days ago, VO is Paris, how long its gonna take ?? thanks a lot

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
MRS.WINTER said:
Our application was received last August 2 and the AOR just today. Less than a month. Exactly 27 days. :) Must be they are really working so hard and live up to their goal that family reunification is their priority. :)Good luck to all of us. Lets just stay positive and soon will be re-united with our love ones. :)
wow,, that's really great.
goodluck! yeah that's right, stay positive, pray hard as well :D

quietloud

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
Luckyman said:
Update.......

Yes my whole application was returned, and no I didn't get any number, or return deadline. But I did call to ask if I still had to wait the entire sponsor period again, and lady said no, I should be flagged when the application comes in.... Which was mid august.

She said if I don't hear anything by mid September's to call back then she can do something. This takes delay down from 3 extra months to one....

So thanks for all your suggestions. But now, seeing processing time reduction, I'm thinking of calling sooner.

Cheers to all!
Luckyman, that's great news! You should definitely call sooner!

quietloud

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
MRS.WINTER said:
Our application was received last August 2 and the AOR just today. Less than a month. Exactly 27 days. :) Must be they are really working so hard and live up to their goal that family reunification is their priority. :)Good luck to all of us. Lets just stay positive and soon will be re-united with our love ones. :)
And THIS is amazing and gives us all hope. 27 days!!

naintara

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
File Transfer...
October 2011
Med's Done....
19th july 2012
Passport Req..
19th july 2012
my timeline is
apply inAug2012

file tranfer in oct

docs reqest in april 2012

remed+ppr july 19th

now waiting for my passport with visa i want to ask my status still shows in process when should it change in decision made anybody has idea :(

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Wow! So great that an Augustee has already gotten an AOR! Hopefully the trend will continue through the whole month!

Markym, in the letter from my parents they just said that we can live with them as long as we need to and that they will help support us with everything we need: food, shelter, etc....

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
MRS.WINTER said:
Wow! that's fast! Congrats sis! :)

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
MRS.WINTER said:
That is such good news! Congrats to you and your spouse! I hope this continues for all of us =)

I agree too, everyone stay positive and we will keep seeing these results!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Is it only after we receive AOR that we can check the ecas online? My husband has a UCI number from a TRV, but nothing is available or anything, so I guess only when they open the application in Mississauga and send the AOR there won't be any acknowledgement of his application?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While I give congrats to you Mrs. Winter.....I still don't understand how you got AOR when most of the July applicants still have not.

Using logical analysis, this is great news for you, but not great news for the rest of us, as what it means is that the processing of applications are not sequential....even if some of the July applications are more complicated, I can't see them all being more complicated. So this tells me that the processing is somewhat random.

Lets hope we all win the life lottery!

Cheers!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
markym said:
what contains your letter?
thank you so much for the help. please update if you receive an approval :) thank you!
good luck as well. God bless!
Hey Markym,

Just be as detailed as possible - include past pay stubs, explain your situation now, and what is your plan when your husband is there, how you will support him. It can also help to show if he has qualifications or experiences that he could use in Canada, explain that. Get a letter from your parents (if that's the case) stating that you can stay with them until you are more autonomous etc... CIC wants to see that you have a plan, that you have thought about how to support you and your family, and that you will not go on welfare... and that should be good.
My partner was approved as a sponsor even if he has only been working 5 months in the last 3 years as he was a full time student outside of Canada. He has some debts to pay for his studies, and he still got approved to sponsor me - he included a detailed plan on how he will look for work, what he can do, what I can do as well, etc. He got approved within the "normal" approval time (92 days at that time!) and without any extra questions.
Good luck!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Luckyman said:
While I give congrats to you Mrs. Winter.....I still don't understand how you got AOR when most of the July applicants still have not.

Using logical analysis, this is great news for you, but not great news for the rest of us, as what it means is that the processing of applications are not sequential....even if some of the July applications are more complicated, I can't see them all being more complicated. So this tells me that the processing is somewhat random.

Lets hope we all win the life lottery!

Cheers!
CIC is very confusing... and it has been from the last 5 months that I have been reading the forum! :) it seems that it is "sort of sequential order", but somehow the applications get divided - so batches go to different places, and hence the random AOR and approvals... it always feel "unfair" to the ones that are waiting, even if of course it's great for the applicants that hear sooner!

good luck,
Sweden

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Considering the number of applications they get, it's probably near impossible to keep them in a sequential order while at the same time dividing them up between their officers. Things are bound to be out of order. This is only one AOR for August and it could very well be the only one we see for another month or so, there are a few random AORs in July as well, but most of June is done so the way I see it, its not too out of order, I think we're going to see July slowly start to fill up in the coming weeks and then every now and then an August one will pop up if were lucky, really lucky haha.

Just remember to stay positive and stay hopeful, focus on that day where you open up your email and find a nice pretty AOR sitting in there =)

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Congrats Mrs. Winter!
Luckyman said:
Not everyone gets an AOR, *and* some people find the AOR email in their spam folder.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
I'm feeling a bit strange... hmm. What if, for some reason they don't input our emails correctly and/or we accidentally mistyped it? Do they also send a letter by mail (the AOR or Sponsorship Approval)??