+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

Ironboy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22
bdh said:
@ Ironboy

Thanks!! Ya we just checked the processing times as well. This really sucks. :( This is driving us insane really, as well as everyone else waiting for their approval I am sure. I am just curious..if the file was opened on Monday and we were informed by an agent that it only takes a day to check and review an application for sponsorship then what is the hold up on the file? My record and all is clean to sponsor my husband.

Now they are working on applications August 31st, does this mean our file is completed then and they are just not giving us an answer..we are soo desperate to hear something :(
There is no way to know, but I think that if they say the file is being worked on, that is a very good sign. I found out by calling many times that no 2 call center agents respond in the same way to the same questions. And also that the call center agents do not have direct contact with processing agents. Keep calling them, and get your UCI Unique Client Identity number. You can use this to log in to Ecas and also to have access to the automated call in options. None of this seem up to date, but sometimes they let a small bit of updates slip out. Good luck.

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
what about if you ...call and tell them you can not login to e-cas and you need help, ask them if you are doing something wrong and then ask them what they can tell you about your application.

B

bdh

@ Ironboy

Thank you for your reply. So the UCI is different than the Client ID #? I never knew there were different numbers involved.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ bdh:

Client Id and UCI are the same

B

bdh

@mapledreams

I thought so but wasn't sure if it was the same..we have been trying to log in with no luck, some people have received messages that their "application is in process" but there is nothing saying that about our file. This is soo frustrating ..grrr :mad:

B

bdh

@ suki

We have been entering all our (well my info) correctly and nothing is on the system. Does that mean that until there is confirmation of an approval we won't be able to access any information?

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
bdh said:
@ suki

We have been entering all our (well my info) correctly and nothing is on the system. Does that mean that until there is confirmation of an approval we won't be able to access any information?

I just called about the same reason and the agent told me that's because it hasn't been open yet and it's still in the mailroom. Once the application has been opened, you will see something on site.

Ironboy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22
bdh said:
@ mapledreams

I thought so but wasn't sure if it was the same..we have been trying to log in with no luck, some people have received messages that their "application is in process" but there is nothing saying that about our file. This is soo frustrating ..grrr :mad:
I was trying a few times to log in until I realized that the 8 digit number they gave me had to be entered into Ecas with a hyphen in the middle! xxxx-xxxx
Then it worked! Of course the call center agent never mentioned that, just gave me 8 digit number

B

bdh

@sahm2boys

Do you have a client Id number? when did you send your application? My understanding is unless your file has been opened you cannot get your UCI number..I was just speaking to an agent again... and had advised me and reassured us that our application has been "opened" as of Nov 7. I have also inquired why we can't access our information on file, they mentioned that it takes up to a week before it is on the system. Maybe before but we could check again on or about Nov 14th.

@Ironboy

Thanks, and yes we have been adding the hyphen in between our client Id number and also the information we just receive is that they sent me a letter on November 7th asking for more information..not sure what that is about considering we carefully planned and made sure all information was there before sending it. =S We were not told that earlier when speaking to an agent today.

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
bdh said:
@ sahm2boys
Do you have a client Id number? when did you send your application? My understanding is unless your file has been opened you cannot get your UCI number..I was just speaking to an agent again... and had advised me and reassured us that our application has been "opened" as of Nov 7. I have also inquired why we can't access our information on file, they mentioned that it takes up to a week before it is on the system. Maybe before but we could check again on or about Nov 14th.
I don't have a client ID number yet. :( The application was sent in Aug 31 but received on Sept 2. I was hoping I could get ahead a little and get an answer by one of the agents; hopefully at least get a client ID number so I can check the status online. I can't wait to get a response that our file has been opened too. Then I can, finally, start to breathe again.

B

bdh

Sorry guys for all the questions, but what I don't understand is why they wouldn't just send us an email requesting this? We talked to an agent yesterday and today several times and nothing like this was mentioned to us. Now we hear that a letter was sent to us asking for more info.. :( Now if this is true and they need more info, does anyone know how long it takes after they receive it? Does the whole process take another 3 months of waiting... ::)

mosa786

Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-2011
File Transfer...
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
12-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2011
My lawyer just called! We have received sponsorship approval!! :p Soooo happy! They sent a letter to my lawyer..I forgot to ask him what date was it sent out. I'll update on it tomorrow!

Wishing a quick sponsorship approval to all the ones who haven't been approved yet. All I can say is that they approved us at least 6 days ago, because it takes some time for the letter to reach its destination! Keep your heads up they are definetly reaching toward September now!! :)

B

bdh

@mosa786

Congratulations on your approval!!! We have no idea what is happening with ours yet but hopefully we will hear something positive so soon!! :)

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Ón the approval letter, they put my full name but also my maiden name,. So basically there is my first name followed by my maiden name and then my husband´s name. Is that a mistake? Because my surname consists actually only of my husband´s name.

And one more thing: I managed to check the status of the application online, and under "Sponsorship application" it says "Decision made". Does that refer to th letter of approval?

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
Hey guy I was going to call the call center didint had time no news yet I'm scared to call and they say I have to wait another 3 months to open the file again I sent it aug 2 they got it aug 4 it got returned oct 18 or something.. I still havint got a letter or email for approval this really sucks for me everyone else got there's