+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Suki:

Call CIC Service Centre and tell them you are unable to log on and you're doing everything right.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for CSQ with email confirmation did u at least get that?

IndianOcean said:
Yeah I know, hopefully it's going to arrive soon. thanks mapledreams!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Kedeisha:

I don't think they got the email either, check out his previous posts.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh darn it was offering suggestions as mails from CIC takes a while and getting a CSQ is an additional time before it goes to outland processing so I really hope they get that letter asap

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Kedeisha:

I know eehh..

I say he should keep bugging the call centre until he gets a confirmation either via email (preferably, since it is faster) or regular mail.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
thanks guys,

Unfortunately no email either,the frustrating part is that they have approved us 6th of October and we basically lost a good couple of weeks here, since we still have to apply to csq.
I told my wife the same, keep bugging them until they send us something, preferably an email that is much faster!

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
IndianOcean said:
thanks guys,

Unfortunately no email either,the frustrating part is that they have approved us 6th of October and we basically lost a good couple of weeks here, since we still have to apply to csq.
I told my wife the same, keep bugging them until they send us something, preferably an email that is much faster!
Hi there

I had asked for advise on the CSQ issue, as I am applying for Quebec also. What they told me is that CIC informs Quebec once you are approved, so my suggestion would be to call MICC to get their take on this. Even if you don't receive any letter, or email, they may not need it.

I would prepare the package for MICC to apply for CSQ, check with MICC to ensure the information I was given was correct, but I remember reading this somewhere, so I don't even know why they need the letter if CIC already tells them what they need to know.

Anyway, good luck!!

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
ccbrasil said:
Hi there

I had asked for advise on the CSQ issue, as I am applying for Quebec also. What they told me is that CIC informs Quebec once you are approved, so my suggestion would be to call MICC to get their take on this. Even if you don't receive any letter, or email, they may not need it.

I would prepare the package for MICC to apply for CSQ, check with MICC to ensure the information I was given was correct, but I remember reading this somewhere, so I don't even know why they need the letter if CIC already tells them what they need to know.

Anyway, good luck!!
Hi,
My wife already prepared the package to send (not a big deal), but the first requirement that is on the checklist is a copy of the approval letter. Well doesn't hurt to call them, but I'm pretty they will still need the copy of that letter.

Thanks

boa sorte ai! :)

nika80

Nov 1, 2010
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 5/2011.
AOR Received.
Nov. 31/2011.
File Transfer...
Oct. 14/2011.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec.1/2011.
LANDED..........
Soon :)
magpie said:
I received verbal approval for sponorship but never recieved email or letter. this was CIC-M. Wife has visa and we are about to leave. VO is not important. We have completed our processing.
I don't understand why you won't tell which one is your VO, because I don`t know you and I can`t do you any harm, but I respect your decision to be mysterious...Thank you for your response. Wish you all best!

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
hey guys im having a bad day i just talked to immagration and one guy said to me i have to do the whole waiting again wtf im on the phone again with them people keep telling me different things i thoght my application it proirty once ive waited 3 months but it got returned i was missing a piece of paper

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@ayad

its not true..the agent must not be in his/her sense or just wanted to get rid of the call.. There are examples on this forum too when sponsorship was approved after few days of receiving the package again..and that is what the fact is..the process can't be started all over again..

Call them tomorrow morning again and ask them.

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
omg i just talk to someone else said the same dam thing on there computer it says they just sent you a letter sayin your missing 0008 file and i told her you guys sent me the whole package she said when they send the whole package that mean you have to wait 70 again and im so pissed what do i do she just told me i have to wait 70 again i sent my application aug 2 they got it aug 4 they processed it oct 14 thats what it says on the file when i log in with my client id number and 3 days later i get the package at my house i fix it up send it right back it came from a different address 6100 somehting whats going on???? im losing it

easykiwi

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
11-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-02-2012
nika80 said:
I don't understand why you won't tell which one is your VO, because I don`t know you and I can`t do you any harm, but I respect your decision to be mysterious...Thank you for your response. Wish you all best!
nika, several people have had this conversation with magpie, he feels it's not relevant because each VO has different processing times and every case is different therefore your experience will be different from his. I understand your frustration though as it's nice to be able to "compare notes", at the very least if you know someone VO, regardless of if they are the sme as yours you can see whether or not the VO are working roughly to the same timelines they publish on their website.

I'm still waiting for our sponsorship approval but hopefully this will come in the next week or 2. As a point of interest it seems a few people on this forum (knowing there are of course many who aren't) have experienced faster PR processing than published for their countries. Several people who have used the VO I will hopefully be using (Sydney) have total timelines that are shorter than what they have published on their websites at the same time. I realise there will be people who have experienced longer timelines too, however, I am inclined to think that anyone who has a very straight forward application that provides all the necessary documents and significant proof that their relationships are genuine can expect that their applications will be processed within the timelines pucblished. There are of course people whose applications get mislaid or documents lost, there always will be a certain amount of human error, and these people will experience delays. However, the longest processing times, and biggest delays will always be experienced by those who have not provided the correct, or enough, documentation. Bad luck and poor planning and/or resources will slow anything down.

A realistic outlook is to do everything you can to ensure your application is correct, to understand the steps that will be taken for your application to be approved, to read the information that is published by the CIC, including timelines for each step, and to anticpate approximate feedback around these times. If you hear back within these timelines it's a blessing, however you are entitled to seek information if these timelines have been exceeded.

I think it also is worth remembering this is a forum, and responses to questions are dependent on people who don't work for CIC, so it's a bit like gossip and hearsay sometimes. CIC, will always be the best source for information, but may not always easily provide an answer you understand or like.

Don't be disappointed that not everyone shares their whole experience with others, there are plenty more people who are willing to share info and compare notes and just be happy to have others to take the journey with.