+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

sixrogue

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Hey guys,
Word on the other threads is that CIC will decrease spousal intake in favour of Skilled Workers. It was announced by the ministry. Let's make sure this doesn't happen and let's write our MP's! We need to make sure that all this waiting isn't in vain!

Congrats to all those who's been approved, good luck to the rest and write your MP's!!!!

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
well i just hope i hear something.. weird thing is online is says all that but i got the application sent back to me and its been a week since they got it and so o.. are you guys sure i dont hvae to wait 3 months again sorry for asking so much questions

easykiwi

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
11-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-02-2012
ayad said:
well i just hope i hear something.. weird thing is online is says all that but i got the application sent back to me and its been a week since they got it and so o.. are you guys sure i dont hvae to wait 3 months again sorry for asking so much questions
Unfortunately I don't think anyone can be sure of that uless they are the Immigration Officer dealing with your case, but I think there is a good chance they will review the returned package quickly because you are already in the system and because IM0008 is part of PR app, and at the moment you are being assessed for sponsorship. Like someone else has said, just try and relax a bit, give them a call again on Monday, that way the system will have had the weekend to update and you might speak to someone else on the call centre who might be more helpful. Remember, lot's of people have had a call centre rep say something like their apps haven't been received, but within a few hours or days things have updated and they try calling again, or get an email saying they have been approved, so the call centre reps don't always know what is happening (or sometimes what they are even talking about).

sixrogue

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Well, I just wrote my MP about changes to immigrant intake! Remember, if we let Immigration Minister Kenney change the rules to allow LESS SPOUSES, then we are in trouble in the long run. If you are Canadian, write your MP, or tell your spouse to write theirs.

All our currents stresses may be for nothing if Kenney has his way and WE get caught in it!

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
ya i wil call them monday hopefully someone know what thre talking about.. isint there a way to talk to the person doing the file i wish i could talk with him i would send money to his bank account lol

emzcrooks

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Luzon
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug.15,2011
Doc's Request.
dec.28,2011
AOR Received.
dec.28,2011
File Transfer...
dec.07,2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
dec.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan.24,2012
LANDED..........
Feb.27,2012 Thank God!
hello po sa inyong lahat.we sent application august 15 and received email for sponsor approved nov.3.grabe tagal maghintay over 70days.

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
wow congrats emzcrooks...its english thread but u can join to them ask essex

nika80

Nov 1, 2010
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 5/2011.
AOR Received.
Nov. 31/2011.
File Transfer...
Oct. 14/2011.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec.1/2011.
LANDED..........
Soon :)
easykiwi said:
nika, several people have had this conversation with magpie, he feels it's not relevant because each VO has different processing times and every case is different therefore your experience will be different from his. I understand your frustration though as it's nice to be able to "compare notes", at the very least if you know someone VO, regardless of if they are the sme as yours you can see whether or not the VO are working roughly to the same timelines they publish on their website.

I'm still waiting for our sponsorship approval but hopefully this will come in the next week or 2. As a point of interest it seems a few people on this forum (knowing there are of course many who aren't) have experienced faster PR processing than published for their countries. Several people who have used the VO I will hopefully be using (Sydney) have total timelines that are shorter than what they have published on their websites at the same time. I realise there will be people who have experienced longer timelines too, however, I am inclined to think that anyone who has a very straight forward application that provides all the necessary documents and significant proof that their relationships are genuine can expect that their applications will be processed within the timelines pucblished. There are of course people whose applications get mislaid or documents lost, there always will be a certain amount of human error, and these people will experience delays. However, the longest processing times, and biggest delays will always be experienced by those who have not provided the correct, or enough, documentation. Bad luck and poor planning and/or resources will slow anything down.

A realistic outlook is to do everything you can to ensure your application is correct, to understand the steps that will be taken for your application to be approved, to read the information that is published by the CIC, including timelines for each step, and to anticpate approximate feedback around these times. If you hear back within these timelines it's a blessing, however you are entitled to seek information if these timelines have been exceeded.

I think it also is worth remembering this is a forum, and responses to questions are dependent on people who don't work for CIC, so it's a bit like gossip and hearsay sometimes. CIC, will always be the best source for information, but may not always easily provide an answer you understand or like.

Don't be disappointed that not everyone shares their whole experience with others, there are plenty more people who are willing to share info and compare notes and just be happy to have others to take the journey with.
I am not upset, just surprised, but is ok...Thank you for your words and this post. Most of us are here to find support, share experience and make this all process easier to survive:)...Waiting is difficult for everyone in this situation....
Good luck to all ! :)

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
Hey guys what if there right and I have to wait another 3 months.. Also if I talk to my mp would that help me know where my application is?

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
emzcrooks said:
hello po sa inyong lahat.we sent application august 15 and received email for sponsor approved nov.3.grabe tagal maghintay over 70days.
yea, sis/bro, in english po dito, heheh. congrats. :)

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
hey is there any one that know for sure that my application will not be at the end for those that don't know my situation I had sent my application aug 2 they got it aug 4 on oct 14 it said online when I went on my I'd client number it said application in process med have been recieved 3 days letter I get the application sent back to me incomplete I was missing 0008 and when I talk to one of the call centre people they say on there computer there was a letter sent to u but not the whole packag??? And I resend the package to a different address it's been a week since I resent it and I them yesterday to see what's up they told me I have to wait 70 days again because the whole package was sent back to me but on there computer it doesint say that and it still says on my client I'd user application in proces me received she told me to wait another 3 months and call us wtf that means I will have to wait 7 months before I hear anything Im losing my mind.. Anyone know for sure...

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ayad I am telling u because LOTS of people had their app return n they just sent it to address on letter and it was done quick

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
i don't know who u are but for u seem like a cool confident person and I thank you for your support and I hope everything is okay and ur right thank you again

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
ayad said:
i don't know who u are but for u seem like a cool confident person and I thank you for your support and I hope everything is okay and ur right thank you again
Ayad your really just worked up...relax....someone on the ND list also recently got their incomplete package sent back and MISSI processed the completed package in 2 weeks. My lawyer has told me the same thing re: incomplete packages.

Honestly, don't be negative you will attract the worst case scenario. Be sure your wife will be with you ASAP and enjoy your weekend. Whatever happens....happens for the best. I too was telling my hubby...others say the first year of their marriage is the best year of their lives...this has been one of my worsts :( but its ok..this too will pass. Harder in the beginning amazing for the rest of the journey.