+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum seeker work permit delayed

Movingindex

Oct 2, 2024
Hi,

I am an asylum here in Canada my case has been referred to IRB but my work permit is pending for more than 125 days since applying. I am stuck inside my room most of the time for last 7 months without work permit lonely and broke with no money to buy even basic things like food and mobile recharge. I have too much time to think without money and worried about my future.

Please advise how to get Answer from IRCC whether my work permit is approved or rejected. Because I can’t stay inside my home forever.

pls advise.

Thanks,

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Hi,

I am an asylum here in Canada my case has been referred to IRB but my work permit is pending for more than 125 days since applying. I am stuck inside my room most of the time for last 7 months without work permit lonely and broke with no money to buy even basic things like food and mobile recharge. I have too much time to think without money and worried about my future.

Please advise how to get Answer from IRCC whether my work permit is approved or rejected. Because I can’t stay inside my home forever.

pls advise.

Thanks,
Visit your local MP to explain your situation or send a letter by mail to your IRCC office in your city. This might help with your case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

pls advise.

Thanks,
Did you have status in Canada before or did you claim asylum on arrival?