+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are visa services being offered to Canadian citizens who are already in India?

Achilles23

Oct 12, 2023
Hello everyone
Update so far. I surrendered my Indian Passport at RPO, Bangalore and obtained the surrender certificate. I have submitted my application for entry visa on the FRRO portal as I am planning for extended stay. Now the waiting game begins. I hope everything goes well.
Hello @nivaan5 ,

Can we surrender Indian Passport at Passport Seva Kendra too or just at the RPOs? While filling the form, there is one word left when I tried to enter the passport number in online form. Can we add the last word manually??

Last edited:

prigupta

May 20, 2020
Hi,
I have to travel to India urgently My father is in ICU just received my Canadian passport and applying for e-visa but I am not sure If I need Surrender certificate first.
Timeline to get surrender certificate is few weeks. I called BLS they gave me different answers.
Can someone advise if they have recently applied for e-visa without surrender certificate first?
Thank you for your response in advance!

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Hi,
I have to travel to India urgently My father is in ICU just received my Canadian passport and applying for e-visa but I am not sure If I need Surrender certificate first.
Timeline to get surrender certificate is few weeks. I called BLS they gave me different answers.
Can someone advise if they have recently applied for e-visa without surrender certificate first?
Thank you for your response in advance!
I travelled to India after getting Canadian Citizenship on Canadian passport and eVisa, I surrendered my indian passport and got surrender certificate after going to India in India.

prigupta

May 20, 2020
I travelled to India after getting Canadian Citizenship on Canadian passport and eVisa, I surrendered my indian passport and got surrender certificate after going to India in India.
Thank you for replying! Can you also advise what option will be faster: e-visa for 30 days or 1 year?
and if 30 days is faster and can I apply for extension from India?

maya_04

Mar 3, 2020
I am planning to travel to the UK with my Canadian passport, as Canadian citizens are allowed to visit the UK visa-free for up to 90 days. After staying in the UK for one week, I intend to travel to India for medical treatment. Given that I received my Canadian citizenship only a week ago, I would like to know if I can use my Indian passport to travel from the UK to India.

Would it be possible to present my Indian passport at UK exit control for this purpose? Additionally, I understand that there is a three-month grace period following the acquisition of foreign citizenship during which no penalties apply for travel on an Indian passport. Can someone kindly confirm if this grace period applies in my situation?

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am planning to travel to the UK with my Canadian passport, as Canadian citizens are allowed to visit the UK visa-free for up to 90 days. After staying in the UK for one week, I intend to travel to India for medical treatment. Given that I received my Canadian citizenship only a week ago, I would like to know if I can use my Indian passport to travel from the UK to India.

Would it be possible to present my Indian passport at UK exit control for this purpose? Additionally, I understand that there is a three-month grace period following the acquisition of foreign citizenship during which no penalties apply for travel on an Indian passport. Can someone kindly confirm if this grace period applies in my situation?

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Why don't you apply for evisa when you have so much time available?