+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024- Citizenship Application

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Finally we completed our immigration journey today!! Took in person Oath in the morning and became Canadian Citizens. All the best to everyone waiting for finish their journeys!

Reactions: Yuki.03
Jun 17, 2024
Complete Timeline

Type: Online application - family of three
Application Filed: April 21, 2024
AOR: April 24, 2024
Citizenship test in progress: Jun 19, 2024 - completed on July 18, 2024
Language: Jul 12, 2024
Physical presence: Jul 12, 2024
Fingerprints required: Jul 9, 2024 - email received on July 11, 2024
Fingerprints given: Jul 12, 2024
Fingerprints received: Aug 7, 2024
Background verification completed: Aug 8, 2024
Prohibitions completed: Aug 14, 2024
Citizenship Ceremony In Progress: Aug 20, 2024 (updated in tracker today)
Oath Ceremony: Sep 3, 2024 - email not received yet

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
My spouses application, passed the test today:

Type : Online
Physical Presence Days : 1290
Application : Single
Application sent : April 25, 2024
Delivered : April 25, 2024
AOR : April 30, 2024
Application linked : May 7, 2024
GU1: June 19, 2024
Language : In progress
Background : Complete (21st June, 2024)
Physical presence : In progress
Prohibitions : In progress
Citizenship test : Passed (Aug, 23rd 2024)
Ceremony : Not started

Reactions: coolak2007

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Finally we completed our immigration journey today!! Took in person Oath in the morning and became Canadian Citizens. All the best to everyone waiting for finish their journeys!
congratulation,
What is the process for an in-person oath? what the check and ask? I looked online but only virtual oath ceremonies are available. and in person oath you get the citizenship certificate the same day?
thanks

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Hello,
Does anyone have an in-person oath in the Kitchener IRCC office on 3rd September? I am scheduled but did not receive the email yet. When i will get the instruction email and what will be the process of the in-person oath? what will they check?
please share your experience.

Thanks

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
Hello,
Does anyone have an in-person oath in the Kitchener IRCC office on 3rd September? I am scheduled but did not receive the email yet. When i will get the instruction email and what will be the process of the in-person oath? what will they check?
please share your experience.

Thanks
check next week for the first week of september dates. it updates periodically. you will get your instuctions in the email. you need to print the invitation with the Personal Release and Consent Form and sign it, your pr card and 2 pieces of id. how do you know that ceremony is in-person if you havent receive the email? and yes you get citizenship certificate at the ceremony you can get the email at anytime, even up to a few days before the actual ceremony.

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
check next week for the first week of september dates. it updates periodically. you will get your instuctions in the email. you need to print the invitation with the Personal Release and Consent Form and sign it, your pr card and 2 pieces of id. how do you know that ceremony is in-person if you havent receive the email? and yes you get citizenship certificate at the ceremony you can get the email at anytime, even up to a few days before the actual ceremony.
thank you

Reactions: Yuki.03

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hii
If all steps completed and you receive an email about e-certificate instructions, when should you expect the ceremony ?
Ceremony status: not started

kakarotto87

May 31, 2021
Hey Guys,

How do I know if I need to submit finger prints?
I arrived in Canada in Feb 2020. Just gave them my fingerprints once (when I was in process of my Working Holiday Visa). Became PR in 2022 April.

Application filed in Apr 18
Background verification Jun 10
Citizenship test update Jul 11
Scheduled for citizenship test in Jul 19.
Took test in Aug 5, updated in the system in Aug 8.
Ghost update in Aug 10.

Nothing since then...

mickymots

Feb 23, 2016
Hey Guys,

How do I know if I need to submit finger prints?
I arrived in Canada in Feb 2020. Just gave them my fingerprints once (when I was in process of my Working Holiday Visa). Became PR in 2022 April.

Application filed in Apr 18
Background verification Jun 10
Citizenship test update Jul 11
Scheduled for citizenship test in Jul 19.
Took test in Aug 5, updated in the system in Aug 8.
Ghost update in Aug 10.

Nothing since then...
IRCC will send you a notice to submit fingerprints if they need it. Not everyone need to submit fingerprints only selected applicants. They will give you 30 days for it and has to be done inside Canada at a RCMP accredited place.

Cheers!

Reactions: kakarotto87

kakarotto87

May 31, 2021
IRCC will send you a notice to submit fingerprints if they need it. Not everyone need to submit fingerprints only selected applicants. They will give you 30 days for it and has to be done inside Canada at a RCMP accredited place.

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
congratulation,
What is the process for an in-person oath? what the check and ask? I looked online but only virtual oath ceremonies are available. and in person oath you get the citizenship certificate the same day?
thanks
thanks! It was smooth. First they match your name with your id and let you in. Then you register by providing 2 ids ( 1 PR Card and the other can be any other id with photo and signature).They will take your PR card and will ask they you had any issue with the law. Then you take a sit and wait for the completion of all registrations. Than Judge comes and provides a background about Canada, Aboriginals etc. Than we took oath and sang Oh Canada! After that we got our certificates.