+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024- Citizenship Application

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
thanks! It was smooth. First they match your name with your id and let you in. Then you register by providing 2 ids ( 1 PR Card and the other can be any other id with photo and signature).They will take your PR card and will ask they you had any issue with the law. Then you take a sit and wait for the completion of all registrations. Than Judge comes and provides a background about Canada, Aboriginals etc. Than we took oath and sang Oh Canada! After that we got our certificates.
Thank you for your reply.

I have an in-person oath on September 3rd in IRCC Kitchener. The agent left me a voice mail if I would be available and I said yes. She said to come at 10:30 am and I checked the citizenship website they scheduled ceremonies at 9 am, 11:30 am and 2 Pm. I do not know which one I will be at because they said 10:30. My tracker shows the scheduled date, but I have not received the email yet.
Do they want you to come early?
When did you receive the email institution for the oath?

Thanks

Reactions: Blessyk

kakarotto87

May 31, 2021

I have an in-person oath on September 3rd in IRCC Kitchener. The agent left me a voice mail if I would be available and I said yes. She said to come at 10:30 am and I checked the citizenship website they scheduled ceremonies at 9 am, 11:30 am and 2 Pm. I do not know which one I will be at because they said 10:30. My tracker shows the scheduled date, but I have not received the email yet.

Thanks

Firstly, congratulations!

Secondly, if I were you I would get there by 8:50am just in case hahaha.
This is something you can't leave to chance

Reactions: danielkhan11

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018

Thanks
You should be getting the invite email by this week. Ours was also at 10.30 while the website stated that ceremonies are at 9, 11.30 and 2. We were also confused but I guess the 11.30 as per the website is actually the 10.30 ceremony plus 1 hour for Check In and Registration. We reached there at 10 and had to wait outside for 30 mins. You can reach anytime between 10 to 10.30 as doors open at exact 10.30 and there's a line up.

Reactions: Yuki.03

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
You should be getting the invite email by this week. Ours was also at 10.30 while the website stated that ceremonies are at 9, 11.30 and 2. We were also confused but I guess the 11.30 as per the website is actually the 10.30 ceremony plus 1 hour for Check In and Registration. We reached there at 10 and had to wait outside for 30 mins. You can reach anytime between 10 to 10.30 as doors open at exact 10.30 and there's a line up.
Thanks
that means even if i go early I would not be able to go inside before 10:30.

Reactions: Yuki.03
Jun 17, 2024
Update: Received Notice to Appear today (Aug 27).
In person Oath Ceremony on Sep 3 at Mississauga IRCC.

Complete Timeline

Type: Online application - family of three
Application Filed: April 21, 2024
AOR: April 24, 2024
Citizenship test in progress: Jun 19, 2024 - completed on July 18, 2024
Language: Jul 12, 2024
Physical presence: Jul 12, 2024
Fingerprints required: Jul 9, 2024 - email received on July 11, 2024
Fingerprints given: Jul 12, 2024
Fingerprints received: Aug 7, 2024
Background verification completed: Aug 8, 2024
Prohibitions completed: Aug 14, 2024
Citizenship Ceremony In Progress: Aug 20, 2024 (updated in tracker today)
Oath Ceremony: Sep 3, 2024 - email not received yet

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
Hello, I finally spoke to an agent on the phone and she said everything was completed in my application except oath invitation. She didn't tell me when it all turned green. Is anyone in the same position? For those who had their ceremony already, how long did it take from this status to receiving the oath invitation?. Thanks

Jun 17, 2024
Hello, I finally spoke to an agent on the phone and she said everything was completed in my application except oath invitation. She didn't tell me when it all turned green. Is anyone in the same position? For those who had their ceremony already, how long did it take from this status to receiving the oath invitation?. Thanks
Happy for you that you were finally able to get an update. I had my oath ceremony in progress in the tracker 6 days after all steps were completed, and another 5 days for oath instructions email. I understand this may be different from case to case, and from a processing office to another, and you’ll unfortunately be unable to see your progress update in the tracker due to your access issues, but your should receive your oath instructions email within a week or two.

Reactions: Fadiya

Blessyk

Jul 11, 2024
No updates on my profile since fingerprints received August 6th . Office MB/SK . Now I’m getting tired of the long silence .
Date of application- April 24th
Apr- April 26th .

anyone with this timeline?

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
Happy for you that you were finally able to get an update. I had my oath ceremony in progress in the tracker 6 days after all steps were completed, and another 5 days for oath instructions email. I understand this may be different from case to case, and from a processing office to another, and you’ll unfortunately be unable to see your progress update in the tracker due to your access issues, but your should receive your oath instructions email within a week or two.
Thank you for your reply and congratulations once more. Crossing fingers to get the oath email soon.