+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024 AOR

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
Some people get emails saying their application has been updated. Others just log in to the GCKey and see the status of their application displayed as "Application submitted". I assume that's what they mean when they say 'ghost update'. Others, like me (and, I assume, you) never get such updates. Last Friday, for instance, my GCKey was updated with a new "Additional documents" status, but the status of the application still displayed as "Submitted" and I didn't get any emails.

As for the last update being on June 11th, that's just the date the tracker stopped working. I really doubt your eligibility hasn't been started.
Thank you for your answer, it's pretty clear, my eligibility shows not started on the tracker and we are reviewing your eligibility... we will send you... if we need... on GcKey. They did ask for an Adr on June 6th and on GcKey they updated it on the June 20th saying that they are reviewing the additional documents I sent ( I sent it on the 6th) and ever since no change.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
Have you tried contacting IRCC? The tracker might not be fully up to date. You can call them to get a more accurate status, as they should have more current information than the tracker
I didn't yet, I am planning to use the web form on the 17th, when I would have reached the 5 months milestone, which is the current processing time for the EE.

vattu0624

Sep 6, 2024
I didn't yet, I am planning to use the web form on the 17th, when I would have reached the 5 months milestone, which is the current processing time for the EE.
It'll take a pretty long time for you to get a response from a web form. You'd better call them. You can use an app like Numero if you're outland.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
It'll take a pretty long time for you to get a response from a web form. You'd better call them. You can use an app like Numero if you're outland.
I did use it once for a visitor visa and it took them 24 hours to respond, they have the obligation to if your request is legitimate ( the answer is not available on any of their website or if your application is in overtime) however I will give them a call, it seems to be more efficient, thank you for your advice.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I did use it once for a visitor visa and it took them 24 hours to respond, they have the obligation to if your request is legitimate ( the answer is not available on any of their website or if your application is in overtime) however I will give them a call, it seems to be more efficient, thank you for your advice.
Do you mean they have obligation to respond to webform within 24hrs ? where is this coming from ? I have never seen this.

vattu0624

Sep 6, 2024
Update: just received a message about my application.

I was excited until I saw that it was just an "Invitation to Pre-arrival services". Strangely, I had already received that via e-mail (but there was no document on my GCKey) about a month ago. Now they've sent the same letter but on my GCKey.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
Do you mean they have obligation to respond to webform within 24hrs ? where is this coming from ? I have never seen this.
Yes they do. I sent an application form a year ago for my belated visitor visa application, they responded within 24 hours and requested some documents, I didn't now how to upload them and I used the application form again the next day, I received a call immediately, chatting with the officer, he explained to me that they have the obligation to answer in 24h under the circumstances I cited before.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
Update: just received a message about my application.

I was excited until I saw that it was just an "Invitation to Pre-arrival services". Strangely, I had already received that via e-mail (but there was no document on my GCKey) about a month ago. Now they've sent the same letter but on my GCKey.
A friend of mine received that after his work permit was accepted. Good luck for you

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes they do. I sent an application form a year ago for my belated visitor visa application, they responded within 24 hours and requested some documents, I didn't now how to upload them and I used the application form again the next day, I received a call immediately, chatting with the officer, he explained to me that they have the obligation to answer in 24h under the circumstances I cited before.
That would have been very very specific case. For PR or for that matter never seen a response to webform within 24 hrs for any kind of application. I am even not sure if the webform is read within 24 hrs.

Reactions: chiri09

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
That would have been very very specific case. For PR or for that matter never seen a response to webform within 24 hrs for any kind of application. I am even not sure if the webform is read within 24 hrs.
Oh ok. That was for a visitor visa for a business trip and it had exceeded three months milestone, which is the average treatment time in that case, and somebody I know working for ircc told me to fill a webform... Maybe for PR it's different. I will give them a call and keep you updated.

Reactions: CNP

Brazzaville Congo

Feb 2, 2024
guys , I contacted IRCC , previously they informed that eligibility passed and security not started yet, but now they say again that eligibility still in progress, security not started , what does this mean ?

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
guys , I contacted IRCC , previously they informed that eligibility passed and security not started yet, but now they say again that eligibility still in progress, security not started , what does this mean ?
It means that they are submerged and pulling some BS on us. In my humble opinion (of course)