+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024 AOR

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Same boat. This is disheartening, to be honest. So many people applied after us and already received approval. Yet they insist that the longer you’ve been waiting, the closer you are to the front of the line. Bah!

I know there is no point in complaining since we have no other option but to wait but gee... This whole thing takes a toll on the soul for sure.

Anyway, here's my timeline:

ITA: March 25.
AOR: April 15.
BIL: May 8 (No MIL. Used old ones as per the current public notice)
Biometrics appointment: May 30 (Updated on GCKEY that same day)
MEP on GCKEY: June 7.
(No further updates)

According to the IRCC agent when I called: Everything is complete except for Security, which hasn't even started yet.
IRCC tracker reflects something similar: All complete except for the Background check which is in process.

My profile:
PNP INLAND (OINP-HCP)- Assessed against FSWP.
No visa rejections.
No government positions, no military background.
Born in a stable Country (In a stable region) with good diplomatic relationships with Canada.
Travel history: only a few trips to US and US territories.
Current Legal Status: PGWP (Expires in 2 days. Already applied for BOWP)
PVO: Sydney.
SVO: Ottawa.

v2309

Dec 10, 2019
I got the same reply that - 2/3 things are pending in BGC
Same boat. This is disheartening, to be honest. So many people applied after us and already received approval. Yet they insist that the longer you’ve been waiting, the closer you are to the front of the line. Bah!

I know there is no point in complaining since we have no other option but to wait but gee... This whole thing takes a toll on the soul for sure.

(No further updates)

According to the IRCC agent when I called: Everything is complete except for Security, which hasn't even started yet.
IRCC tracker reflects something similar: All complete except for the Background check which is in process.

My profile:
No visa rejections.
Born in a stable Country (In a stable region) with good diplomatic relationships with Canada.

Reactions: zestylaw

reiayanami0822

Jul 28, 2024

(No further updates)

My profile:
No visa rejections.
Everything you say is all true. I only find comfort reading forums and groups seeing posts with earlier timeline than mine. Then I don’t feel so alone. Here’s to hoping we got our approval this August

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

(No further updates)

My profile:
No visa rejections.
You are already inland, apart from being on implied status what difference does a lack of almost sure PR would make? Think through that to lower your anxiety. Worrying about things that are out of control isn't ever the best use of our time. Maybe my patience is high and expectations from IRCC very low, but we saw through the COVID era where we waited endlessly for draws in face of no certainty. But focus on building stamina to tolerate unforeseen delays, it isn't too uncommon for some to get their PR in a year or more. If you are feeling that low right now, you might get into depression and stress if this plays out for longer.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
You are already inland, apart from being on implied status what difference does a lack of almost sure PR would make? Think through that to lower your anxiety. Worrying about things that are out of control isn't ever the best use of our time. Maybe my patience is high and expectations from IRCC very low, but we saw through the COVID era where we waited endlessly for draws in face of no certainty. But focus on building stamina to tolerate unforeseen delays, it isn't too uncommon for some to get their PR in a year or more. If you are feeling that low right now, you might get into depression and stress if this plays out for longer.
It's easy to say coming from the guy with the world record of the fastest PR application in history from AOR to PPR!

Hah! Just joking. Appreciate your advice and words of encouragement of course.

In all seriousness, this is simply a mentally taxing process. It is ok to feel overwhelmed at times. Some brains handle it better than others. I am not a blindly optimistic person. I don't see why I would be exempt from having my application rejected. It can absolutely happen. Granted, chances are low since I researched a lot and put a ton of effort into my application but still, I believe it it is quite ok to feel anxious and nervous, especially when we see so many others having their applications approved within 3 months and many like mine had been stuck for almost that long. How you handle the nervousness and anxiety in your daily life is what matters. I assure you I handle those well. Just come here from time to update those in the same position and to vent for a bit.

In the end, all will likely go well and we all will laugh when looking back, wondering why we were worried in the first place. But there's nothing wrong with feeling like this now in the face of uncertainty, that's for sure.

The wait continues!

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It's easy to say coming from the guy with the world record of the fastest PR application in history from AOR to PPR!

Hah! Just joking. Appreciate your advice and words of encouragement of course.

In all seriousness, this is simply a mentally taxing process. It is ok to feel overwhelmed at times. Some brains handle it better than others. I am not a blindly optimistic person. I don't see why I would be exempt from having my application rejected. It can absolutely happen. Granted, chances are low since I researched a lot and put a ton of effort into my application but still, I believe it it is quite ok to feel anxious and nervous, especially when we see so many others having their applications approved within 3 months and many like mine had been stuck for almost that long. How you handle the nervousness and anxiety in your daily life is what matters. I assure you I handle those well. Just come here from time to update those in the same position and to vent for a bit.

In the end, all will likely go well and we all will laugh when looking back, wondering why we were worried in the first place. But there's nothing wrong with feeling like this now in the face of uncertainty, that's for sure.

The wait continues!
haha, nothing wrong it with it for sure! Just don't let it hurt you. This is a small milestones in front of many to come for us.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
Hello everyone, 121 days after AOR, still no PPR. Came here just to say that :D

ITA Feb 29
AOR Apr 16
Bio May 30
Passed med Jun 7

VO Montréal.
We have approximately the same timeline
Aor April 17
Bio May 30
Med passed May 29
Adr June 6
Submitted June 7
Received June 20
Ever since no update.
The good thing about it is that we are everyday closer.
Let's keep believing

Reactions: zestylaw and Raffah

Big_m

Jan 7, 2024
Same timeline. All completed except BGC since May 31. What was the GU you received for Security in Progress in July 3?
All of us go thru Security Screening, doesn't mean they are doing intensive screening.
On Gckey it showed update on my profile and nothing showed(I didnt get an email or anything) . so after some weeks I contacted IRCC on the phone and they told me that Security started on July 3, the same day I got the ghost update.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021

(No further updates)

My profile:
No visa rejections.
Update: So I got a GU 2 days ago, after 65 days or so without any activity on my GCkey account and then today I finally got FD! We are getting there boys!

Mar 22, 2023
General Draw ITA: March 25 2024
Submitted and AOR: April 6 2024
BIL
and MEP Requested: 4 May 2024
Bil Submitted and Passed : May 8 2024
Medical Submitted: May 8 2024
Medical Passed: May 10, 2024
ADR Medical for spouse as it was expired and not requested intitally: Aug 8, 2024
Medical completed: Aug 12, 2024
Medical passed: Aug 14, 2024

PVO: Montreal

anyone on similar stage ?

Raffah

Aug 15, 2024
General Draw ITA: March 25 2024
Submitted and AOR: April 6 2024
BIL
and MEP Requested: 4 May 2024
Bil Submitted and Passed : May 8 2024
Medical Submitted: May 8 2024
Medical Passed: May 10, 2024
ADR Medical for spouse as it was expired and not requested intitally: Aug 8, 2024
Medical completed: Aug 12, 2024
Medical passed: Aug 14, 2024

PVO: Montreal

anyone on similar stage ?
Obviously, they are on your file. So, probably and hopefully you’ll get your ppr soon. Keep us updated.
My VO is also Montréal.

Reactions: Gurinder805555