+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024 AOR

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you for your answers; getting nervous... been waiting for more than 100 days now, a cousin of mine had his ppr in 70 days, wondering if everybody on the same boat or am I alone.
I got my PPR in 19 days. Doesn't mean anyone should get nervous because of it. I was prepared to check my application once a month and then wait out till SLA(6 months) to file GCMS/CBSA notes. It is all a waiting game, you can better pass this time by networking, figuring out settlement, etc - which is way more productive use of time.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
I got my PPR in 19 days. Doesn't mean anyone should get nervous because of it. I was prepared to check my application once a month and then wait out till SLA(6 months) to file GCMS/CBSA notes. It is all a waiting game, you can better pass this time by networking, figuring out settlement, etc - which is way more productive use of time.
19 days, woah!!! Congratulations. Don't want to project myself and start anything without ppr, but still can't see myself getting rejected, it's wicked... are you already there, where do you live?

reiayanami0822

Jul 28, 2024
Hi everyone, sharing my timeline:

PNP EE

AOR: April 18
MIL and BIL: May 9
Biometrics completed: May 15
Medical passed: May 24
Eligibility completed in tracker: May 31

My background check has changed from "Processing" to "In progress" after passing my medical. Then in June, it went back to "Processing." Then, last July 16, it went from "Processing" to "NA."
Am I close to PPR? No update yet since July 16. I'm getting anxious. Lol.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
19 days, woah!!! Congratulations. Don't want to project myself and start anything without ppr, but still can't see myself getting rejected, it's wicked... are you already there, where do you live?
I got my CoPR last year in early March. It's been a fun year so far in Calgary.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone, sharing my timeline:

PNP EE

AOR: April 18
MIL and BIL: May 9
Biometrics completed: May 15
Medical passed: May 24
Eligibility completed in tracker: May 31

My background check has changed from "Processing" to "In progress" after passing my medical. Then in June, it went back to "Processing." Then, last July 16, it went from "Processing" to "NA."
Am I close to PPR? No update yet since July 16. I'm getting anxious. Lol.
See, background check has substages and the following can happen:
1. IRCC goes through all those stages without any pauses - you get "all completed" very soon
2. #1 and you get a PPR/RFV very soon
3. IRCC decides to pause between substages and marks your application non-routine upon reaching SLAs/reaching projected SLAs

No real way to predict this. There are people who wait for months even after everything is completed, and there are people who never have to wait at all. Good thing is that most applications seems to be taking less than 6 months for processing.

Rod2018

Jul 28, 2024
I got my CoPR last year in early March. It's been a fun year so far in Calgary.
Good for you!!! Keep going, you are very helpful with everybody in this thread. I appreciate it. I am planning to land in Ottawa for the first couple of years, and then try my fortune in Vancouver or Calgary or Edmonton why not.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

SiddharthM

May 27, 2024
That’s great.. I submitted mine on 8th July and it was received by IRCC Delhi on 10th July.. Btw did your tracker update with the COPR details? Mine has been stuck since 11th June.
Update: Collected my stamped passport and COPR letter today from VFS. GC key has also been updated with COPR details.

Reactions: zestylaw

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
Hey, I haven't received P1 email(CEC Inland) since the final decision on July 24th, any idea why that might be and if there's anything I need to do? Tracker hasn't updated since June 11 either.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey, I haven't received P1 email(CEC Inland) since the final decision on July 24th, any idea why that might be and if there's anything I need to do? Tracker hasn't updated since June 11 either.
There's no hard and fast rule that you'll get P1 within a week of getting FD in GCkey. People will tell you to try KAI among other things, they don't work. Just wait patiently.

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
There's no hard and fast rule that you'll get P1 within a week of getting FD in GCkey. People will tell you to try KAI among other things, they don't work. Just wait patiently.
[/QUOTE

Thank you for always replying to my questions!
I actually just received P1 but i’m outside Canada. I will reply back with my expected return date and the other info they asked for. However will I be able to enter Canada on my current WP(It’s valid till October 2024 along with a TRV) or will I need to apply for a PRTD?

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
[/QUOTE

Thank you for always replying to my questions!
I actually just received P1 but i’m outside Canada. I will reply back with my expected return date and the other info they asked for. However will I be able to enter Canada on my current WP(It’s valid till October 2024 along with a TRV) or will I need to apply for a PRTD?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
PRTD is applicable only after you become PR, but do not have a way to travel to Canada (mostly by Air) , eg - you do not have PR card to travel to Canada

Reactions: zestylaw and Lrawar

priyankabhalla

Star Member
Mar 12, 2024
Waiting for E-Copr, had submitted the passport and the documents at Visa office in Delhi on 19th July. Got an update from VFS that my documents have reached IRCC on 22nd July, since then no update.

There has been no update on my tracker, the last update is from 27th May. And GcKey shows the alst update as FD on 11th July and that application is still in process

SiddharthM

May 27, 2024
Waiting for E-Copr, had submitted the passport and the documents at Visa office in Delhi on 19th July. Got an update from VFS that my documents have reached IRCC on 22nd July, since then no update.

There has been no update on my tracker, the last update is from 27th May. And GcKey shows the alst update as FD on 11th July and that application is still in process
Mine reached IRCC on 10th July and I received my passport collection message from VFS on 30th.. so it took around 20 days. I have seen similar trend for others too.. so you can expect to receive an update around 9th to 12th of August.

My GC key got updated the day I received my passport collection message however the tracker isnt updated since 11th June

Reactions: priyankabhalla