+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I believe that it was briefly mentioned here (I guess?) but I'm wondering why being Inland means that it takes more time to link BIO/MEP and get the UCI updated??
I am a 5th April AOR and still nothing whereas I see outland applications getting BIL/MEP/UCI...
It isn't that inland takes more time for MEP/Bio linked - it is just that most of you have already given MEP/Bio and it gets linked from your previous application. So, since there are no actions from your end for those movements, you don't hear as frequently as outland candidates do and it gives the impression that your application is slower. Plus I believe there's a "Chief of MEP and Bio Linking for Inland Applicants" who is on a payroll for some reason when this part should've been automated :D

Outland applications have two parts which are interesting to note here:
1. eMedical application - panel physicians push data that (highly likely) is time sensitive to review from IRCC's end. IRCC doesn't control when they receive this data, a panel physician would send it over through eMedical and someone gets a due date to look into it. Not to mention outland COPRs have VISA expiry that's tied to medical exam expiry - so there's a lot to look here.
2. VFS - Biometrics collected through VFS are very likely to be updated through automation. No way IRCC receives info and updates it on the same day within hours.

Where it does get slow is when we fall in the zone that only IRCC works on (which is Eligibility, Criminality, etc). That's where we don't see much difference between an outland vs inland applicant (unless a PNP-EE applicant's security was assessed by their province - they skip the line here).

Prabhneetkaur

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
yes. you will be able to login in the tracker within 24-48 hours in my opinion. I was able to log in after 30ish hours
perfect... just to confirm as today I received an email donotreply.. from IRCC about application status change... is it normal?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The strike happened. Delays to April are to be expected.
There were only 100k in added backlog. We don't know what the percentage of that was PR or citizenship applications. Citizenship oaths are being rescheduled very fast. PR applications are not at a 100% stand still. April applications are moving too, so I doubt that we have any basis to say so.

ARTICUNOuseICEBEAM

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR April 8, 2023
There were only 100k in added backlog. We don't know what the percentage of that was PR or citizenship applications. Citizenship oaths are being rescheduled very fast. PR applications are not at a 100% stand still. April applications are moving too, so I doubt that we have any basis to say so.
I hope it did not affect processing times. PNP applications are moving at a slow speed.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I hope it did not affect processing times. PNP applications are moving at a slow speed.
Can confirm PNP applications are moving slower than CEC and some FSW. I'm currently at the 5&1/4 month mark.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
FWIW, March AORs thought that they were slower compared to Jan AORs. Look at them now, you April AORs are jealous of them :D There's a pattern here of "feeling slow": CECs think they are slower than FSWs. PNPs think they are slower than FSW, CEC, etc. This despite us being processed more or less the same way.

Technically, all inland candidates go through Security screening record check - IRPA 34: This is not handled by IRCC, but by CSIS - so an external department takes on a work. This could lead to delays. No way of saying this without looking through CREATED BY and UPDATED BY dates from GCMS notes.

Most outland candidates would skip that step. But on the other hand, your province could've already finished your security too. Hopefully, you'll never get to learn about your application through a GCMS note and be processed fast.

ARTICUNOuseICEBEAM

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR April 8, 2023
Can confirm PNP applications are moving slower than CEC and some FSW. I'm currently at the 5&1/4 month mark.
Yikes! yours could be an outlier though. I've seen several approvals from December-March PNP AORs. Nonetheless, I hope you get yours real soon!

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
FWIW, March AORs thought that they were slower compared to Jan AORs. Look at them now, you April AORs are jealous of them :D There's a pattern here of "feeling slow": CECs think they are slower than FSWs. PNPs think they are slower than FSW, CEC, etc. This despite us being processed more or less the same way.

Technically, all inland candidates go through Security screening record check - IRPA 34: This is not handled by IRCC, but by CSIS - so an external department takes on a work. This could lead to delays. No way of saying this without looking through CREATED BY and UPDATED BY dates from GCMS notes.

Most outland candidates would skip that step. But on the other hand, your province could've already finished your security too. Hopefully, you'll never get to learn about your application through a GCMS note and be processed fast.
The way I think of Inland vs Outland Applications and possible reasoning for processing times between the two.
By approving outland applications faster, they're able to bring more work force into the country. Why would they need to rush inland applications when we're already in the country, most likely working already and contributing to the economy? I know it's frustrating for some, especially with status expiring soon, but we would technically go on implied status if that were to happen.

ARTICUNOuseICEBEAM

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR April 8, 2023
The way I think of Inland vs Outland Applications and possible reasoning for processing times between the two.
By approving outland applications faster, they're able to bring more work force into the country. Why would they need to rush inland applications when we're already in the country, most likely working already and contributing to the economy? I know it's frustrating for some, especially with status expiring soon, but we would technically go on implied status if that were to happen.
+1 on this. More outlanders means more taxpayers money.

elvinchang

Jan 24, 2023
Hi. I got AOR on April 6 (FSW-Inland). I got UCI updated on May 3, and now I see on the tracker, my Biometrics is completed and Background check is In Progress. But Medical exam and Eligibility are both Not Started. Is this normal? I see many applicants have UCI/BIO/MP completed at the same time?