18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
neetwo80 said:
I'm taking my cat with me in cabin with some dry food in my purse. Cats tend to be really quiet in the planes and at the airport with all the strangers around. My cat is a talker and meows constantly in the car but not once we arrive at a new place. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure the carrier dimensions are good, as well as vaccinations and pet passport. Try to sneak some food in. I am very protective and mama beary of my Freyja. It will be ok. I worry too but lets pray for each other.
Did you try take it before and it was ok?

As far as I know any catfood is not allowed into Canada, bit silly considering she has to be hungry few hours before we leave and then in check in process and all flight and after, will be at least 14hours! thats a lot and I worry as she is senior cat:(

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Crayon7 said:
Did you try take it before and it was ok?

As far as I know any catfood is not allowed into Canada, bit silly considering she has to be hungry few hours before we leave and then in check in process and all flight and after, will be at least 14hours! thats a lot and I worry as she is senior cat:(
No, but I checked the requirements and got her passport. I didn't read that no cat food was allowed. The flight will be more than 10 hours and with a stop as there are no direct flights between Oct and mid may. I think some dry food is ok, not wet food. I'm not bringing a huge bag, just some food for the flight. My parents will have some food for her at home in Canada. We're not too far from the airport, so that's good for her. From my home in Italy to the airport, there's a 2 hour drive and that will be hard on her.
Domestic cats are prey animals and when they are in a new environment with new people around, they don't want to draw attention to themselves and it is stressful for them. I'm pretty sure she'll be quiet until/unless she starts to feel more comfortable on the flght. I've always noticed how she protests when she is with us and in the car but as soon as we arrive at the vets or at a new place, she's silent and cautious. My cat is 6 years old. I have a friend who moved his senior cats from Italy to Japan. It's 10 hours as well. They were fine but the vet did say that another move like that would not be a good idea. Definitely have your cat in the cabin with you and maybe try a calming spray or something, just for his/her well being. Have you talked to a vet about it?

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
neetwo80 said:
No, but I checked the requirements and got her passport. I didn't read that no cat food was allowed. The flight will be more than 10 hours and with a stop as there are no direct flights between Oct and mid may. I think some dry food is ok, not wet food. I'm not bringing a huge bag, just some food for the flight. My parents will have some food for her at home in Canada. We're not too far from the airport, so that's good for her. From my home in Italy to the airport, there's a 2 hour drive and that will be hard on her.
Domestic cats are prey animals and when they are in a new environment with new people around, they don't want to draw attention to themselves and it is stressful for them. I'm pretty sure she'll be quiet until/unless she starts to feel more comfortable on the flght. I've always noticed how she protests when she is with us and in the car but as soon as we arrive at the vets or at a new place, she's silent and cautious. My cat is 6 years old. I have a friend who moved his senior cats from Italy to Japan. It's 10 hours as well. They were fine but the vet did say that another move like that would not be a good idea. Definitely have your cat in the cabin with you and maybe try a calming spray or something, just for his/her well being. Have you talked to a vet about it?
I did, would have to sort out her pet passport and stuff so we did ask but she said obviously would have to start sorting paperwork closer to move so there is still time for that. We would need note from vet she is fit enough to fly for 2 weeks before flight too, hope will be all fine. She has hyperthyroidism and CKD stage 2, we have her on special diet but I know she cant be cured or anything so just trying to make her loved and comfortable as we can.
When we adopted her 2 years go we didnt know we would move so far lol! I could not even think of leaving her here or with anyone else.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Crayon7 said:
I did, would have to sort out her pet passport and stuff so we did ask but she said obviously would have to start sorting paperwork closer to move so there is still time for that. We would need note from vet she is fit enough to fly for 2 weeks before flight too, hope will be all fine. She has hyperthyroidism and CKD stage 2, we have her on special diet but I know she cant be cured or anything so just trying to make her loved and comfortable as we can.
When we adopted her 2 years go we didnt know we would move so far lol! I could not even think of leaving her here or with anyone else.
Yeah, I understand. My cat and husband are my family and so I wouldn't risk their health for anything and so I'd sneak a bit of food in. Are you sure that cat food isn't allowed? where did you read that? At least you can give her some food at the airport and during the flight if needed. Then when you arrive go to a pet store. There are may of them. YOu can find one using the internet before leaving so that you're prepared. I really hope everthing will be find. It probabaly will. I love animals. Give yout cat lots of hugs today.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
Yeah that shouldnt be a problem. So long as you mwntikned yoj cant remember.
Oh good. Thanks for being here.
I saw that a March applicant got DM already. Ottawa is going really fast. I wonder if our applications can go there instead and get DM in one month. If that happens, we may move in October as there are direct flights at that time and it would be easier with our cat. I'm pretty sure ours will go to Rome though as my husband is Italian.
Are we sure that the expiry date of the visa or PR will be the same as the med exam? Even if we get PR in one month and the MED exam expires in 11 more. It would be great to know.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
neetwo80 said:
Yeah, I understand. My cat and husband are my family and so I wouldn't risk their health for anything and so I'd sneak a bit of food in. Are you sure that cat food isn't allowed? where did you read that? At least you can give her some food at the airport and during the flight if needed. Then when you arrive go to a pet store. There are may of them. YOu can find one using the internet before leaving so that you're prepared. I really hope everthing will be find. It probabaly will. I love animals. Give yout cat lots of hugs today.

thanks a lot.

We will move and have to rent something without even seeing it and it makes me even more stressed, will be without car and will have to look for cat food on day first after arrival straight away, adds even more stress;/

i dont remember when i seen it, found this link now
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/animal-products-and-by-products/pet-food/eng/1321129023397/1321129556426

how do you understand this?

I read here
https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/bringing-your-pet-to-canada

that 'You can import a small amount of commercially packaged pet food made in the United States for the use of your pet while you are in Canada.' well food wont be from US i dont think (royal canin)

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Crayon7 said:
thanks a lot.

We will move and have to rent something without even seeing it and it makes me even more stressed, will be without car and will have to look for cat food on day first after arrival straight away, adds even more stress;/

i dont remember when i seen it, found this link now
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/animal-products-and-by-products/pet-food/eng/1321129023397/1321129556426

how do you understand this?

I read here
https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/bringing-your-pet-to-canada

that 'You can import a small amount of commercially packaged pet food made in the United States for the use of your pet while you are in Canada.' well food wont be from US i dont think (royal canin)
I use Royal Canin too. I think that if you have 1 or 2 handfuls of kibble in your bag with you and you only feed it to your cat that they won't say anything about it.
Do you know anyone in Canada and where are you going and when. Cause I would seriously meet you with some food ready, if I can. I have another idea of ordering food online from the states. Just a small bag that you can keep closed and bring on the flight with you. So it would be made in the US and in the original packaging and sealed as well. But honestly, having a handful of kibble in your bag for your cat shouldn't be a problem. The airline won't care and once you land you would either have finished it or there would only be a bit left to get you to the pet store. I would still carry some in the luggage to be safe. Royal Canin is an international brand as well, hopefully that helps.
I was looking at amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=royal+canin&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A2619533011%2Cn%3A2975241011%2Cn%3A2975265011%2Cn%3A2975266011%2Ck%3Aroyal+canin&qid=1462114531&sort=price-asc-rank

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
neetwo80 said:
I use Royal Canin too. I think that if you have 1 or 2 handfuls of kibble in your bag with you and you only feed it to your cat that they won't say anything about it.
Do you know anyone in Canada and where are you going and when. Cause I would seriously meet you with some food ready, if I can. I have another idea of ordering food online from the states. Just a small bag that you can keep closed and bring on the flight with you. So it would be made in the US and in the original packaging and sealed as well. But honestly, having a handful of kibble in your bag for your cat shouldn't be a problem. The airline won't care and once you land you would either have finished it or there would only be a bit left to get you to the pet store. I would still carry some in the luggage to be safe. Royal Canin is an international brand as well, hopefully that helps.
I was looking at amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=royal+canin&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A2619533011%2Cn%3A2975241011%2Cn%3A2975265011%2Cn%3A2975266011%2Ck%3Aroyal+canin&qid=1462114531&sort=price-asc-rank
we are going to BC or Alberta so too far but thanks :-* :D

unfortunately we will be moving without family and friends there will be by ourselves petty much so will be tuff, have to see and do it somehow.

I think will take some in bag and risk it nothing I can do, in the end of the day will have some leftovers so might try take it as would be thrown away here anyway.

Not sure it will be worth ordering from US with postage here really.
Looked at RC packaging and it didnt say where was produced just addresses for all countries so not sure might be the same even ordering from US?

LJPR

May 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 25, 2016
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
June 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 9, 2016
Hello All,

I have Canadian PR and I am living in Canada for past 6 years. I got married in Oct, 2015. My husband is in India and I have applied for his sponsorship on April 22, 2016 at CIC - Mississauga. Usually how long does it take to receive Acknowledgement of receipt? I have applied through a lawyer but they haven't sent me anything yet. Can someone on this forum tell me what are the next steps. I know the current sponsorship assessment time is 39 days. Does it take that long?

Thanks so much!

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Crayon7 said:
we are going to BC or Alberta so too far but thanks :-* :D

unfortunately we will be moving without family and friends there will be by ourselves petty much so will be tuff, have to see and do it somehow.

I think will take some in bag and risk it nothing I can do, in the end of the day will have some leftovers so might try take it as would be thrown away here anyway.

Not sure it will be worth ordering from US with postage here really.
Looked at RC packaging and it didnt say where was produced just addresses for all countries so not sure might be the same even ordering from US?
Yes, I agree. That's the best thing to do, I think. I think that if it's Royal Canin, it should be ok. They do manufacture it in the US but also in Europe, but if it doesn't say on the bag, it should be ok. Anyway, I'm doing the same thing as you. I'm just going to bring some left overs for her for the flight and a bit in my bag too. Did you see the prices for Cat food in Canada? Pet supplies there cost a lot more than in Italy. I guess everything is expensive in the UK though.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
LJPR said:
Hello All,

I have Canadian PR and I am living in Canada for past 6 years. I got married in Oct, 2015. My husband is in India and I have applied for his sponsorship on April 22, 2016 at CIC - Mississauga. Usually how long does it take to receive Acknowledgement of receipt? I have applied through a lawyer but they haven't sent me anything yet. Can someone on this forum tell me what are the next steps. I know the current sponsorship assessment time is 39 days. Does it take that long?

Thanks so much!
From what I've seen it takes a couple of weeks to 1 month.

LJPR

May 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 25, 2016
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
June 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Crayon 7 could you let me know what carrier you're using. I've been having a tough time finding a carrier here that fits the air Canada dimensions. At least one that costs less that 100 euros. Especially, if you buy online, let me know. I might buy the same one. If anyone can recommend a good carrier that I can buy online for not too much, let me know.
Thanks.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
neetwo80 said:
Yes, I agree. That's the best thing to do, I think. I think that if it's Royal Canin, it should be ok. They do manufacture it in the US but also in Europe, but if it doesn't say on the bag, it should be ok. Anyway, I'm doing the same thing as you. I'm just going to bring some left overs for her for the flight and a bit in my bag too. Did you see the prices for Cat food in Canada? Pet supplies there cost a lot more than in Italy. I guess everything is expensive in the UK though.
as far as I see price would be similar, its pricey here too special diet food and vet

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
neetwo80 said:
Crayon 7 could you let me know what carrier you're using. I've been having a tough time finding a carrier here that fits the air Canada dimensions. At least one that costs less that 100 euros. Especially, if you buy online, let me know. I might buy the same one. If anyone can recommend a good carrier that I can buy online for not too much, let me know.
Thanks.
I didn’t look at dimensions yet, will buy one considering the dimensions of westjet later.

just realised mine will have to be soft sided:/ and leakproof, not sure will find one with both lol