Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
The Aussie said:
Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me if I can get a work visa while I wait for the spouse visa to go through? We will be submitting next week but would like to be in Canada by mid June. We would like to rent my father in laws rental house and commercial space for a small business I have purchased July 1st. My fiancé is Canadian I'm Australian we're both in Australia now. I'm 33 she's 32 if that helps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
I'm in similar situation where my partner and I want to make the move before the PR application is approved.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
freeze said:
Just send of my application...
... let the waiting begin...
Congrats! join us on the spreadsheet!

neetwo80 said:
After Reviewing emails and the checklists again, I decided that the photocopies actually don't need certifying but the translated documents need authenticating by the consulate. They were translated and authenticated by Italy already, but they need the Canadian consulate to authenticate the Italian authentication. $50 each page for that. I have the marriage certificate, police certificates and his birth certificate. So these are what I'm getting authenticated and I'm not certifying our passports and other photocopies as it doesn't say that the photocopies of these need to be certified, only that the translations need to be certified. Hopefully, if I'm making a mistake, they will give me the chance to fix it.
CIC wont return anything once the application starts getting processed. Its why they only request photocopies and originals of some documents.

You only need to certify translations of official documents. photocopies of anything else is fine so dont get everything notarized.

The Aussie said:
Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me if I can get a work visa while I wait for the spouse visa to go through? We will be submitting next week but would like to be in Canada by mid June. We would like to rent my father in laws rental house and commercial space for a small business I have purchased July 1st. My fiancé is Canadian I'm Australian we're both in Australia now. I'm 33 she's 32 if that helps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
you cant get a work permit unelss you apply for one through a company before you get to canada. the only other way is to submit an application inland and then get an OWP after about 3-6 months. Applying inland however takes a long time, like 2 years. Sydney is one of th quickest VO's in the world with some applications processed in 4-6 months. So apply outland and you'll most likely get your full PR by about October or November. You cant get a work permit otherwise.

You can move to canada before the PR but you'll be a visitor, meaning youd need to prove you dont intend to stay in canada after you visa expires. you can apply for an extension however. you cant work unless otherwise you meet the requirements for the IEC, which australian's are eligible for. if granted you can then go to work, but there is a quota and its normally filled by now. so your best option is apply for PR now outland, move to Canada in June, get things set up, then once your eprmit is approved youre good to go.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
I already sent in my application, Canadian citizen sponsoring Chinese spouse outland residing Hong Kong.

In proving our relationship, my spouse had included our whatsapp chat history which is 70 pages long. Since we talk usually in Chinese on whatsapp, the chat history is mostly in Chinese. She picked a few pages and translated that to English (with the full 70 page chat history attached). Do you think that's not sufficient? I know it's too late now as the application is sent, just wondering if there's anything else can be done at this stage as I'm starting to worry this will create an issue should the CIC officer will not understand Chinese and delaying our application.

Thanks much!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
wyho007 said:
I already sent in my application, Canadian citizen sponsoring Chinese spouse outland residing Hong Kong.

In proving our relationship, my spouse had included our whatsapp chat history which is 70 pages long. Since we talk usually in Chinese on whatsapp, the chat history is mostly in Chinese. She picked a few pages and translated that to English (with the full 70 page chat history attached). Do you think that's not sufficient? I know it's too late now as the application is sent, just wondering if there's anything else can be done at this stage as I'm starting to worry this will create an issue should the CIC officer will not understand Chinese and delaying our application.

Thanks much!
any pages only in chinese which are not translated will be thrown out. the ones she translated will be used to analyse your relationship communication. they dont need to be certified as they re not official so thats fine.

I would have included a note saying "if you need further translation of these conversations we'll be happy to send them along" but honestly, if they want more proof, send them more in future. this wont get your applciation denied. if they feel like they need more proof theyll ask for it and then you can translte more. or do them now in preparation just in case they do. save you time later.

but seriously, dont worry unless they request more. and dont worry then either :)

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Congrats to the guys who sent their applications. I'm sending mine in 2 days. Thanks for replying to my questions as well. Now the wait begins.

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
When the day comes and PR is approved, what exactly happens then? Will they send a PR card to your outland address or to your spouse, or, does anyone know what happens exactly? I'm wondering, because I'm hoping I can get to stay with my husband in Canada as a visitor while the case is being processed.

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Lyse said:
When the day comes and PR is approved, what exactly happens then? Will they send a PR card to your outland address or to your spouse, or, does anyone know what happens exactly? I'm wondering, because I'm hoping I can get to stay with my husband in Canada as a visitor while the case is being processed.
No, PR Cards are only being sent to canadian addresses!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Lyse said:
you will be approved pr and send a COPR. you then need to physically land in canada to start your PR visa and then you will be issued a PR card to whichever canadian address you nominate.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
On the spreadsheet, there is a section at the end marked NOTES.

I was thinking it would be good for people to say if they are doing spousal or common-law on it, our nationality and where we're heading in Canada. Might be good to show the different times for each type of application and see where we're all headed!

:)

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
Gary_87 said:
you will be approved pr and send a COPR. you then need to physically land in canada to start your PR visa and then you will be issued a PR card to whichever canadian address you nominate.
Oh, I see. So what happens then if you're already in Canada when you get approved? How do you start the PR visa? Thanks for answering my questions, btw!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Lyse said:
Oh, I see. So what happens then if you're already in Canada when you get approved? How do you start the PR visa? Thanks for answering my questions, btw!
Take a return trip out of the country to anywhere. Our do what most people do if you live near the border and do a flag pole visa run. Where you go down, turn around and come back

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Officer said:
Welcome to April 2016 Group... I hope you guys will be lucky, so the new immigration law implement and get lower processing time...
which immigration law is that? where can i find out more on this?

i have a relative who mentioned something similar but i thought it was just speculation or rumors...

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
flx2015 said:
which immigration law is that? where can i find out more on this?

i have a relative who mentioned something similar but i thought it was just speculation or rumors...
Dont believe anything unless it is announced officially by CIC.

Basically the new budget and government have made pledges to speed up familiy processing times. But there has been no law enacted, just talk of improving times in the future. That doesnt mean now or next week or ever until somrthing is actually announced by cic.

Follow the processing times on their website and follow the spreadsheets here for best results.