+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2013 applications

shanbaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hi guys,
we applied in april 2013, and hoping to have Passports in hands by dec 2013. :), not dreaming, soon you will know good news, see some posts here.

Adorablle

Ratings: +0

Re: citizenship test at Glen Erin office, Mississauga

« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2013, 05:52:43 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey Guys.
My boyfriend took the citizenship test @ Glen Erin office, Mississauga on 03/04/2013 Unfortunately he failed it, his sister passed. They found out the test results on the same day . He had 14 correct answers out of 20.
His sister got her passport within a month and something.
##########################
so one thing, result can be same day, and it will be for us too,
good luck to all of us.

shanbaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
and see this.

« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2013, 09:47:12 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May xx, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May xx, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December xx, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February xx, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March xx, 2013 at xx:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March xx, 2013.

I got the oath letter right after passing the test, same day. My oath ceremony was only one day appart from the date I passed the exam.
Start to finish = 11 months

now cheerup guys.
Good luck to everyone!!!

shanbaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
and one more.

« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:41 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 19, 2012.
We started processing your application on January 11, 2013.
We sent you a notice on March 8, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2013

Given test results and oath date same day. Ceremony will be tomorrow (March 28, 2013).

I read a lot of comments about RQs and huge delays if there are inconsistencies in your dates, absences, etc. But before the test, they noticed that we were missing a gap in employment history (I forgot to put that time in as unemployed), and they also said we were off 2 days for residency day calculation. However, they fixed it on the spot, no problems at all. They were VERY happy that we had the CBSA report with us. Everyone was super friendly about it. Wrote the test, and all was good!

Good luck to everyone. And try to remember that the CIC aren't always the bad guys. There are definitely some understanding, good people working there.
############################
now you can start day dreaming immediately.
hope for the best, and best will be yours. :)

shanbaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
solinga said:
Hi I've never posted here before, but I did a bit of reading in this forum hoping to find out what happens when you have a citizenship test/oath all in one day. I couldn't find anything ,so I thought I was post this in case anyone is interested like I was.

I had my citizenship test and oath, today, Feb 5, 2013. For some background, this was the Calgary CIC office and I originally applied for citizenship in June 2011 (or so... I can't quite remember).

I should start by saying I was surprised it was in the same day, since I had a friend who became a citizen and she had 2 months between test and oath through the Calgary office. I called CIC, and they told me that certain offices are starting to do it, so it is like Calgary was starting to do it too.

I was asked to arrive at 10:30am. I arrived at 10:15, and there was already a long line of people. The line was slow. There were 3 civil servants there whose job was to review your documents. I showed my driver's license, my health card, my current passport, all my expired passports, my confirmation of permanent residency form, and my PR card. I was asked how many times I'd left the country since I had applied. They didn't really look through my passports since my trips were almost all to the US, and they don't stamp your passport all the time for that. They were very happy I had made copies of my passports (but they'd asked me to bring copies in their instruction letter, so I was surprised she was so happy I had - as if she wasn't expecting me to have followed instructions.) I didn't get asked many questions, but the lady next to me was asking people about their children, where they lived, where they worked. I got the sense the lady in the next booth liked talking to people, because she sounded so friendly.

Then they let us into a nice bright room (the citizenship test/citizenship ceremony room), with lots of windows, murals of Canadiana, flags, etc. and rows of seats where only every third or fourth seat had a fold up desk (to encourage staggered seating). While we were waiting for everyone to get through the line, there was constantly repeating silent slide presentation explaining how to fill out a multiple choice test. Interestingly, one of the slides said, "If you passed the exam, you will be mailed a letter inviting you back for the oath ceremony, this should take 2-3 months." Obviously, this office hadn't bothered to update the slides they were showing. They passed out the exam, and then had everyone start all at once. This was at 11:15am. One woman was proctoring the exam, another woman was marking the exams as they were being handed in. The first people started handing them in at about 11:20. People were asked to stay seated until after they had turned in their exam. Only 5 minutes after the exam was done (11:50am), the marking was all done and they read a list of names of people who passed, and handed them a printed, personalized invitation to oath ceremony stapled to a form in which you will later sign the oath in writing. (This all must have been pre-printed.) They asked everyone who passed to come back at 1:15pm. So I had about an hour and 20 minutes to go get lunch somewhere.

At 1:15, your guests were allowed to go directly into the testing/citizenship room, and the new citizens had to stand in the same line again, where again there were 3 booths with civil servants. Here, you had to show once again confirmation of PR (or landing document), and turn in your PR card, and sign a few documents in their presence. You were given a few brochures which included coupons for free 1-year pass to museums/parks. Then you needed to go into the room and join your guests. Along the way were a bunch of brochures, one had a poster in it, the words to "O Canada", and a flag you could pick up.

The ceremony started once everyone was in, about 1:45pm. The judge came, and gave a ten minute speech about immigration, citizenship, etc. Then everyone (including the guests if they wished) were asked to stand and take the oath. It was given in English, then in French. Everyone was encouraged to say it in both languages. Then family by family, people were called up to get their certificate, shake hands with the judge and get a Canada pin. Then we sang O Canada. Then the judge left. People were allowed to take photographs throughout, and afterwards the judge stayed an took pictures with anyone who wanted to. The ceremony was over about 2:35 or 2:40.

Interestingly we were told we needed to wait 2 days to apply for a passport, to give them time to update our files electronically.

In all about 25-30 people took the exam. About 75 people were present at the oath ceremony (including children).

I very much liked how efficiently they did this. I hope they do it this more often.

I hope this is useful to people.
#########
now wait for some more days and you will hear gooood news.
cheers

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Thank you, shanbaba for your encouraging words. :) Lets hope our cases will be processed as fast as in those cases you quoted. :) Fingers crossed. :)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sheb - Was the status below on July 30, the first time you noticed a update change online. I mean, did you check a week before July 30?

sheb said:
Heee Heeeyyyyyy!!! Just checked my status after writing you:)
I'm so happy to finally seing something else than error page:))))

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on July 9, 2013.

Good luck to everyone who waits for this message ..and to all of us for the next step!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
chandu007 said:
Any idea, on what time during Tuesday CIC posts the updates online?
eCAS seems wildly inconsistent. Even though they say they update usually on Tuesday, I've heard of people getting updates on various days. The general consensus seems to be to not rely on eCAS.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it mean that the applications are now being processed in 10 months or so?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
keesio said:
eCAS seems wildly inconsistent. Even though they say they update usually on Tuesday, I've heard of people getting updates on various days. The general consensus seems to be to not rely on eCAS.
I totally agree with you. For example in our case our ecas was updated on Sunday.

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
chandu007 said:
Hi sheb - Was the status below on July 30, the first time you noticed a update change online. I mean, did you check a week before July 30?
Hi chandu007. Sorry for teh late responce, but for some reason I was not able to publish my response before(I hope that will work this time). I did check the status before July 30th, but my status appeared on July 30th. Is there any news for you?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Mine is in process since August 6th.

sheb said:
Hi chandu007. Sorry for teh late responce, but for some reason I was not able to publish my response before(I hope that will work this time). I did check the status before July 30th, but my status appeared on July 30th. Is there any news for you?

erafdje

May 28, 2013
Hello guys,

Did Any Apriler get his acknowledgement letter? my ecas is live since July 3rd but no letter yet!!!! :eek:

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
erafdje said:
Hello guys,

Did Any Apriler get his acknowledgement letter? my ecas is live since July 3rd but no letter yet!!!! :eek:
The same with us - They started processing our case on July 4, not a sign of the acknowledgement yet.....