App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Has anyone received a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book called Discover Canada yet?

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
chandu007 said:
Could you share the topic link or location of file processing in 8 months? Thanks in advance.
Oo sorry I just saw your question here. I have been away for couple days.
So.I read this here..but I don't remember under which topic sorry.. BUt yea th eperson was super happy to get the test after 8 month. I hope we all will get our test as soon as 8 month:)

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
What do you think when will they "call" us (April 2013 applicants) to take the test? Jan, Feb 2014????????

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope so too. ;)

sheb said:
Oo sorry I just saw your question here. I have been away for couple days.
So.I read this here..but I don't remember under which topic sorry.. BUt yea th eperson was super happy to get the test after 8 month. I hope we all will get our test as soon as 8 month:)

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
I hope so.. :)

By the way, I haven't got my online ecase updated yet. ISn't that strange? CIC agent at phone told me that they send out my book etc week ago. But I still can't see any update online. They got my file on April 22.Am I checking right: I put Id # as 0000-0000, then my first name, last name etc...?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0000-0000 is the client ID, just making sure. And only last/family name, no need of the first name.

sheb said:

By the way, I haven't got my online ecase updated yet. ISn't that strange? CIC agent at phone told me that they send out my book etc week ago. But I still can't see any update online. They got my file on April 22.Am I checking right: I put Id # as 0000-0000, then my first name, last name etc...?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheb said:

Take that with a whole lot of salt. My online status was the first to show up and it said they sent me the package on 2/May. But I only received the package at May end. There is very little correlation between what you get from the site/agent vs what the reality is. The Id can be client id and you can use your PR# as the client id, the rest of the fields should be easy for you. But in order for you to see this status, it should first show up in your profile. Otherwise you would get the same error screen as what you get now. Day by day the accountability just keeps dwindling.

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Good morning!
Thank you very much for your responces! It's very useful. I will keep you updated..

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Heee Heeeyyyyyy!!! Just checked my status after writing you:)
I'm so happy to finally seing something else than error page:))))

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on July 9, 2013.

Good luck to everyone who waits for this message ..and to all of us for the next step!

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news. Happy for you.

sheb said:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Good luck to everyone who waits for this message ..and to all of us for the next step!

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheb said:
Thanks chandu007! ;)
Im not a pessimist but still would wanna warn you about certain things. Prior to 2013, people will see "Your application started to get processed on . . .. " message say 8 to 12 months later they received acknowledgement. Then in about 6 to 12 months they receive notification of giving the test, then the notification of oath kicks in. But now-a-days it starts to show up as though they are processing our applications right then the day they received it. Which in my opinion is not necessarily true. But surely it is not wiping off the 6-8 months waiting time in the previous process as highlighted in red above. So the processing time is till taking the same amount of time if not more time.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
sheb said:

Congratulations! :)

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Thanks suin!
And CanuckForEver I didn't really understood what you would like to highlight here, sorry:( could you please clarify it. I also found these dates funny. It means that they received and opened the file the same day. And they sent a booklet the same date (Apr 22 in my case), then they started the process in July 9..Am I correct?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone called CIC-CPC-Sydney Office to ask for what date applications have been opened so far ?

Thanks