Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
abhi292000 said:
Hi Rosie,

Soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you and now good luck for 2nd stage.........i m counting on u since they didnt cross question for your application hope they dont do with my application as well...u remember right my wife had done signature at wrong spot....i m still afraid what is going to happy...but very very very happy for u

tk cr n god bless
abhi
Thanks Abhi, I was honestly convinced we would be contacted to redo the app, really it had a lot of problems!! But i think they passd it on the strength that we have been married for 19 years we have 5 kids together and my hubby is a Canadian born and bred. There is no disputing those facts. So i guess despite the mistakes with the app, it was a straight Approval. You will hear soon and im hoping for you that they will see sense and Approve. ;)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Fencesitter said:
While I am happy for the May applicants, I really hate CIC for jumping ahead and handing out AORs and approvals before they have even finished the first two weeks of April. Totally unfair!!!

And then to think they may have mailed the approval letter instead of simply e-mailing it...could be another month before people living in Asia know if they've been approved...and then you can't even call to find out via the call center if you've been approved. It's so ridiculous. Why wouldn't they have a number to call if you're living outside of Canada? If you can apply outside of Canada, there really ought to be a means of contacting them, and not just e-mails or fax.

I'm beginning to think that I may have no choice but to live out my years in China. If so, it wouldn't be long, as I would go mental...

I should have submitted the application a lot sooner than I did! Stupid! And then when I told my wife to get it there the fastest way possible, she chose the slowest method to *save* a bit of money. I'm still annoyed about that!!

I'm having a hard time sleeping at night and I've been incredibly irritable. Even being on holiday doesn't feel right...I would usually be feeling so happy, but I'm not...I just feel like another day goes by without any news, and when that happens it really brings me down. I know I've gone on and on about it, but I really have no other outlet...I can't tell friends or colleagues because I don't want anyone to know until we know for sure what's going on...the only people who know are family, but they are so far removed from what I am going through...I really don't think anyone can understand except for those of us who have gone through or are going through the process...

FS
Fency, I know how difficult your finding this, but relax. You will hear this week or next week and it will be a straight approval. There will be nothing wrong with your app, it is perfect. I got approved and my app was c##p! It is not a matter of if, it is when, and thats very very soon. :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Rosie Lee, what was wrong with your app?

jayyvr

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
14-06-2012
sorry to barge in, guys.

i can confirm CIC is messing with the order of the files, as an acquaintance told me that her May 29 app has been approved stage 1.

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Rosie Lee said:
Fency, I know how difficult your finding this, but relax. You will hear this week or next week and it will be a straight approval. There will be nothing wrong with your app, it is perfect. I got approved and my app was c##p! It is not a matter of if, it is when, and thats very very soon. :D
I understand fully and that for a country that relies on immigration. All we can do is live with facts and try not to understand. Imagine, sort of like this people run the country. Time for change and better serving the people. Isnt that what public servants should do? They make a living from that. We can go on and on. At the end we have to wait. We will hear soon good news.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
canadiangirl78 said:
Rosie Lee, what was wrong with your app?
What wasn't wrong with it!
1) I lost the postage receipt so didn't know if it was recieved.
2) We only put in a couple of wedding photos, nothing else.
3) We added almost no proof of intent, we just didn't know what was required or think it was necessary.
4) We didn't put N/A in any blank spaces.
5) We sent the app with our 5 children included on it as dependants. Not realising that they are already Citizens. So we sent a replacement form the next day without children on it, and a covering note explaining the mistake, hoping they would understand and put the two documents together.
6) We overpaid by around $800CDN

I think thats it. Really, we made a complete hash of it. But we got Approval ;D

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Rosie Lee said:
What wasn't wrong with it!
1) I lost the postage receipt so didn't know if it was recieved.
2) We only put in a couple of wedding photos, nothing else.
3) We added almost no proof of intent, we just didn't know what was required or think it was necessary.
4) We didn't put N/A in any blank spaces.
5) We sent the app with our 5 children included on it as dependants. Not realising that they are already Citizens. So we sent a replacement form the next day without children on it, and a covering note explaining the mistake, hoping they would understand and put the two documents together.
6) We overpaid by around $800CDN

I think thats it. Really, we made a complete hash of it. But we got Approval ;D
If by proof of intent you mean the part they ask the sponsor to prove they intend to settle in Canada after PR is issued, maybe you can start preparing for it, just in case they ask for it. If you haven't provided any evidence of this sort, they will most probably ask for it.
Also, overpaying is fine, they will return the rest to you :)

Congrats on your approval!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
BCgirl2012 said:
If by proof of intent you mean the part they ask the sponsor to prove they intend to settle in Canada after PR is issued, maybe you can start preparing for it, just in case they ask for it. If you haven't provided any evidence of this sort, they will most probably ask for it.
Also, overpaying is fine, they will return the rest to you :)

Congrats on your approval!
Thanks. Strangely enough we have lots of Proof of intent now. We were originaly going to rent, but now are actively looking to buy a house, before we go!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I agree. You should start preparing your proof of intention to return to Canada and settle. The visa office is likely to request this later, unless you have severed ties with the country you are currently living...but even so, it can't hurt to be prepared...and hey, hopefully they don't request anything!

FS

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Just recieved an email from CIC with an $750 refund 8) ;D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Rosie Lee said:
Just recieved an email from CIC with an $750 refund 8) ;D
Wow you are having a great day!!!! Good for you! :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Canada enquiry said:
Hi guys, I tried to phone the call centre 4 times today. Everytime it says all of our agents are busy. please call back later and the line gets disconnected by itself. The system even does not say hold on the line until call centre agents are available.

People who have already called the call centre please inform how did you get through the agent in the call centre?

Many thanks.
try calling first thing in the morning at 8:00am.......you might have to call two or three or four times one right after the other but better chances in the morning and Thurs and Fri mornings are the least busiest...Mon/Tues the worst....hope that helps

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Think some of you are all "overly" concerned with the order of the applications being approved. I like to think of it that it's not like the Walmart "express" line up (you know with 6 cashiers servicing one line) but rather the regular Walmart line-ups where once you pick a line, you're stuck with it (and don't we all get the slowest line). Let's say 50 VO's all take an application from the top of the pile, I SURE AM GLAD that agent #50 doesn't go around and check with the first 49 to see that their approvals are sent out before his, what he was able to approve his in 30 seconds or less.

Anyway, whoever said that life was fair. But it's not SO unfair that we won't get our approvals (or rejections if applicable).

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
truesmile said:
Think some of you are all "overly" concerned with the order of the applications being approved. I like to think of it that it's not like the Walmart "express" line up (you know with 6 cashiers servicing one line) but rather the regular Walmart line-ups where once you pick a line, you're stuck with it (and don't we all get the slowest line). Let's say 50 VO's all take an application from the top of the pile, I SURE AM GLAD that agent #50 doesn't go around and check with the first 49 to see that their approvals are sent out before his, what he was able to approve his in 30 seconds or less.

Anyway, whoever said that life was fair. But it's not SO unfair that we won't get our approvals (or rejections if applicable).
Truesmile....while what you say is true.......it is very hard if your file has been sitting for over 60 days while some one else's is only 30 days and they are processed before yours........yes we have no choice and yes every one here is very glad when anyone gets approval or aor's but of course they are allowed to feel sorry that they are still waiting and vent here that is what we are here for....support....guidance......so if your app waits for 110 days like mine and you see someone get theirs at 60 days while you are happy for them of course you wonder why....how....it's not fair.....and frankly we have a right to feel that way.....

so here's hoping your app is processed fast and you don't have to go through this....

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
KJG said:
Truesmile....while what you say is true.......it is very hard if your file has been sitting for over 60 days while some one else's is only 30 days and they are processed before yours........yes we have no choice and yes every one here is very glad when anyone gets approval or aor's but of course they are allowed to feel sorry that they are still waiting and vent here that is what we are here for....support....guidance......so if your app waits for 110 days like mine and you see someone get theirs at 60 days while you are happy for them of course you wonder why....how....it's not fair.....and frankly we have a right to feel that way.....

so here's hoping your app is processed fast and you don't have to go through this....
I Completly understand where you are coming from but you both make vallid points yes it is not fair and trust me i was pulling out my hair too waiting and hoping .... but at the same time there is more than one IO Working for cic and people move at different speed ....all we can do is support each other through the process and hope and pray that things move fast .... all the redtape we have to go through is ridiculous but thats cic for you