Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dkera said:
do you really think that their wording means the visa is ready to be issued ? i maybe a little more anxious than i should be but i don't think it is so clear. why do you say that this is different than some VOs that require passports in the beginning? might that not be the case ? of course I would not want to be without a passport for 6-8 months !!!
of course - i think i would be worried as well, and as there are not many applicants from Rome it's difficult to evaluate. Maybe try to give them a call or contact them by mail, stating the urgency of the issue, and include a copy of the letter/email that you received? now that you have a case officer it should be easier to have some answers? I don't think that they will hold your passport for that long, but since you are from a visa exempt country, it's worth checking if you really need to send your passport or not. as your embassy processes both non visa exmept (Albania and others) and visa exempt (Greece Italy) nationals, maybe you got the "wrong email" about your file ? meaning that they only need a passport copy.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dkera said:
thanx m8.

we have been together since 2004 and have lived together but the marriage was only 3 months before the application. so all in all there was always the question whether they would believe us even though we supplied evidence that have lived together before and even gave them photos of us back from 2004 (huge difference m8, i mean even my hair are more grey than back then ouch!!!)
if you have lived together since 2004 and got married recently it won' t have an impact; as you are not from a culture where it is frowned upon, or illegal. It's more a personal choice, and there are plenty of EU nationals applying as common law (me included) as it is pretty normal... and same thing for the age difference - if they can see that you have been living together for 8 years, and can supply pictures, letters etc of that, then they won't question the nature of your relationship. from the pictures they can see that you have been together for a while (in that case hair getting greyer every year is a good thing! ) and you are a real couple... so no need to worry.

as with CIC - nobody can ever say for sure, but it seems like the process went fast - now that you have cancelled the plane ticket, you can only stay at home in greece, enjoy the nice weather, pack your house, and prepare for your move when you get your passport back! it will keep you busy for sure...
Cheers,
Sweden

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
The PPR letter my wife got states the following:

"Pending a final assessment of admissibility criteria to ensure that all requirements have been met, your permanent resident application may be ready for approval and visa issuance in the near future. In order to finalize your application more quickly, we are requesting your passport at this time.

You must submit your passport to this office within 45 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application."

The rest of the letter concerns the expiration of the visa and that we must ensure that we land before the expiration date.

At the bottom of the letter it shows "Letter - Visa Ready - Registered Mail". It also has a box containing information for new permanent residents (employment, health care, and so on).

I have no doubt that the first two paragraphs are just standard language used on all passport request letters they send out. The fact that it shows "Visa Ready" is most definitely a good sign and I am 100% sure that the visa has been approved...all they're basically saying is they need to put the visa in the passport to finalize the case, which is obvious and makes perfect sense.

Don't worry, you have the visa...just do what it says in the letter and you're golden.

They will not hold the passport for such a long time. They must understand that people need their passports for travel, so I can't see them holding it for longer than absolutely necessary. One month, two max...

FS

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
if you have lived together since 2004 and got married recently it won' t have an impact; as you are not from a culture where it is frowned upon, or illegal. It's more a personal choice, and there are plenty of EU nationals applying as common law (me included) as it is pretty normal... and same thing for the age difference - if they can see that you have been living together for 8 years, and can supply pictures, letters etc of that, then they won't question the nature of your relationship. from the pictures they can see that you have been together for a while (in that case hair getting greyer every year is a good thing! ) and you are a real couple... so no need to worry.

as with CIC - nobody can ever say for sure, but it seems like the process went fast - now that you have cancelled the plane ticket, you can only stay at home in greece, enjoy the nice weather, pack your house, and prepare for your move when you get your passport back! it will keep you busy for sure...
Cheers,
Sweden

thanx m8.

i have a tendency to be over attentive to detail. it drives my wife mad in most cases but actually she came up all by herself and said thank you, i know it's because you prepared the file as best as possible.

nice to hear.

i'll send the passport tomorrow with DHL (150 euros - UPS and TNT do not admit passports to be sent) and see what happens. Three-digit costs come up like they are peanuts !!!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
The PPR letter my wife got states the following:

"Pending a final assessment of admissibility criteria to ensure that all requirements have been met, your permanent resident application may be ready for approval and visa issuance in the near future. In order to finalize your application more quickly, we are requesting your passport at this time.

You must submit your passport to this office within 45 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application."

The rest of the letter concerns the expiration of the visa and that we must ensure that we land before the expiration date.

At the bottom of the letter it shows "Letter - Visa Ready - Registered Mail". It also has a box containing information for new permanent residents (employment, health care, and so on).

I have no doubt that the first two paragraphs are just standard language used on all passport request letters they send out. The fact that it shows "Visa Ready" is most definitely a good sign and I am 100% sure that the visa has been approved...all they're basically saying is they need to put the visa in the passport to finalize the case, which is obvious and makes perfect sense.

Don't worry, you have the visa...just do what it says in the letter and you're golden.

FS
yes, pretty much you have to do what they ask, no choice.

still i don't have the info about health care etc. you seem to be in a better place congrats

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I'm also very detailed oriented, but this is a good trait...

That box with information about settling in Canada starts off by stating "Now that you are on your way to Canada"....blah blah blah...plan accordingly...blah blah blah...gives information on where to get information...which is kind of funny, but I guess it's still useful...

FS

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
I'm also very detailed oriented, but this is a good trait...

That box with information about settling in Canada starts off by stating "Now that you are on your way to Canada"....blah blah blah...plan accordingly...blah blah blah...gives information on where to get information...which is kind of funny, but I guess it's still useful...

FS
it most certainly means that you are approved.

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
Thanks Rosie Lee and wish you a speedy visa as well !

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Congrats Dkera!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
Congrats Dkera!
thanx doll i still am not sure if it is a good thing to be so fast.

update:
ecas just changed to in process 1 day after PPR. maybe rome is like New Delhi requesting passport very early in the process so maybe i am just unlucky and will not be so fast after all on top of losing a ticket worth almost 700. we'll see.

Jas09

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th April 2012
AOR Received.
13th June 2012
File Transfer...
13th June 2012
Passport Req..
26th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 september
Finally its good friday "Decision made" my ecas directly went from Application received to DM.
Wishing you all the same. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

zenykim

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-04-2012
Doc's Request.
July 13, 2012 - Docs. sent July 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Approved Sponsorship 25-July-2012
File Transfer...
July 25, 2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
oct 17, 2012, req. add'l proofs dated 11-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 5, 2013
Jas09 said:
Finally its good friday "Decision made" my ecas directly went from Application received to DM.
Congrats jas09 you are almost near the finish line :p ;D ;D

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Jas09 said:
Congrats jas09 but i have q for you what you mean by DM because my application still on Application received and Decision made !!!!!

Jas09

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th April 2012
AOR Received.
13th June 2012
File Transfer...
13th June 2012
Passport Req..
26th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 september
freeislam000 said:
Congrats jas09 but i have q for you what you mean by DM because my application still on Application received and Decision made !!!!!
Hi,
DM Means Decision made..when i login using Applicant details (that means the person who is being sponsored) i see two address my current home address that is canadian address and my mailing address..and my status show DM..

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Jas09 said:
Hi,
DM Means Decision made..when i login using Applicant details (that means the person who is being sponsored) i see two address my current home address that is canadian address and my mailing address..and my status show DM..
have you received your passport back with the visa, yet?