+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
chinay said:
Hi All,

Need your opinion on this. My cousin made a mistake when he applied to CIO on a detail regarding his employment. He got the 1st AOR anyway but when he sent his document to vo he corrected his mistake but he did not make a cover letter explaining what he did. (the mistake i was referring to was that he changed his date of employment. he was issued employment certificate one month behind when he actually started working in the company)...he had no choice but to change the details of his application

He has also taken ielts and got better score...will vo take his old ielts result or will they score him base on his new ielts results?
He sent his previous ielts score to CIO when he sent his initial application

Dear Sir,

I want to apply under Federal Skilled Worker-1 Category. I have read all process for application on www.cic.gc.ca website.

Still, I have some queries as listed below points. I am not clear how many point it can claim for given detail below.
Here I am sending my detail for calculating points.

1) Education
From To Name of Institute City Country Type of Certificate

June-1995 October-1996 GSEB INDIA S.S.C
June-1998 March-1999 GHSEB INDIA H.S.C
June-1999 April-2002 Gujarat University INDIA Bachelor of commerce (Three Years)
June-2002 May-2004 S.P.University INDIA Bachelor of Laws (Two Years)

Note- I have completed Fourth Semester of Laws in 2004, Just exam was pending that i have cleared in Apri-2009.
Total Years Of Education- 17 years.(10+2+3+2)

2)Ability in English
IELTS SCORE
Listening- 5.5 Reading- 5.0 Writing- 5.0 Speaking- 6.5 Overall Band- 5.5

3)Experience
From To Occupation NOC Year of Experience
July-2004 July-2006 Accountant 1111 2 years
July-2006 June-2008 Sales Manager 0121 2 years
June-2008 Nov- 2009 Accountant 1111 1 years 5 months
Nov- 2009 Till date Insurance Claims Adjuster 1233 1 years 1 month

4) Age
Age is 29 years
5)Adaptability
Spouse Education- Completed Bachelor Of Computer Application In April-2009.
15 years full time study (10+2+3)
Relatives in Canada- My brother got PR Visa with conformation letter of PR. He will be moving for Canada in Feb-2011.

Factors Points
1) Education 22
2)Ability in English 09
3)Experience 21
4) Age 10
5)Adaptability 09

Total 71

As per my Calculation it's 71 points. So, i request you to please Calculate my points and tell me i am eligible or not?
# And also know me what addtional document (except all form) i need to send to CIO Canada?

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
saki said:
Hi

Yes advise them of your new contact details and especially if this relocation is permanent or long time because if you dont tell them now and later at the passport request they found visa stamps on your passport then they will again start the security checks which will just delay your case and might ask you for the PCC for this new country so better to inform them now.

Cheers
Saki
I second what saki has said above... You should inform the VO about your relocation to new country stating clearly if its permanent.. If this relocation is not permanent then you should also write the expected duration of your stay in that country..

The VO will then advise you the course of action from your side if needed...

As per my understanding if you are going to spend less than 6 months in this new country then you will not be required to submit a police clearance from there. Otherwise if VO asks to produce the same then you can take timely action and avoid any delays in the processing.

Sapana

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with 2nd stage docs
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
sapanaB said:
I second what saki has said above... You should inform the VO about your relocation to new country stating clearly if its permanent.. If this relocation is not permanent then you should also write the expected duration of your stay in that country..

The VO will then advise you the course of action from your side if needed...

As per my understanding if you are going to spend less than 6 months in this new country then you will not be required to submit a police clearance from there. Otherwise if VO asks to produce the same then you can take timely action and avoid any delays in the processing.

Sapana
Thanks Sapana

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
saki said:
Hi

Yes advise them of your new contact details and especially if this relocation is permanent or long time because if you dont tell them now and later at the passport request they found visa stamps on your passport then they will again start the security checks which will just delay your case and might ask you for the PCC for this new country so better to inform them now.

Cheers
Saki
Thanks much Saki

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Dear Friends,

I have sent my full docs to Colombo VO in first week of October 2010 and got the 2nd AOR in 3rd week of October 2010. Since then my e-cases status is remain as "Received by VO". How long it will take to change to "In-process"? I learned from other form members that status will change with in a month to "In-process". Its been almost two months for me.

Pls shared your thoughts.

Regards,
Aran

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aran said:
Dear Friends,

I have sent my full docs to Colombo VO in first week of October 2010 and got the 2nd AOR in 3rd week of October 2010. Since then my e-cases status is remain as "Received by VO". How long it will take to change to "In-process"? I learned from other form members that status will change with in a month to "In-process". Its been almost two months for me.

Regards,
Aran
it depends on VO
for example my status has been remaininng 'Received by VO' for more then 4 months by now, and still waiting for the progress. Have patience and pray.

andamanhunk

Oct 28, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aran said:
Dear Friends,

Regards,
Aran
Aran,

Even we have sent the docs on 13th (recvd by themat ND VO) but till now the status is just the same. For almost all of them it just the same. I havent seen even a single person claiming to have seen a diff status in the recent times in this and couple of other forums (April Applicants, Full Docs to ND VO Oct-Nov-Dec etc. Some are able to access the e-CAS and some are not. I think there is no need to worry at this point and patience will definitely pay off. I believe you are good and will do good.

Be cool and pray to God!

- RSK

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
andamanhunk said:
Aran,

Even we have sent the docs on 13th (recvd by themat ND VO) but till now the status is just the same. For almost all of them it just the same. I havent seen even a single person claiming to have seen a diff status in the recent times in this and couple of other forums (April Applicants, Full Docs to ND VO Oct-Nov-Dec etc. Some are able to access the e-CAS and some are not. I think there is no need to worry at this point and patience will definitely pay off. I believe you are good and will do good.

Be cool and pray to God!

- RSK
Thanks RSK, let me wait and see.

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Chami said:
it depends on VO
for example my status has been remaininng 'Received by VO' for more then 4 months by now, and still waiting for the progress. Have patience and pray.
Thanks Shami.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
Hi

I dont know if anyone still keeps track here but just got my AOR from Buffalo

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glowingheart said:
Hi

I dont know if anyone still keeps track here but just got my AOR from Buffalo
congratulations mate.
u r right, we need to update the list and 'pro' in this is mitali.

@ mitali or other 'pros',
could you pls update it for all of us, yr effort is really apreciated.

thk u

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Friends,

Since yesterday, my ecase showing a blank status against my name. earlier it used to be "received by VO".

Any idea why is this?

Regards,
Aran

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aran said:
Friends,

Since yesterday, my ecase showing a blank status against my name. earlier it used to be "received by VO".

Any idea why is this?

Regards,
Aran
Hi

There is one another applicant his status is blank as well now before it was "in-process" no idea whats happening.

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chami said:
congratulations mate.
u r right, we need to update the list and 'pro' in this is mitali.

@ mitali or other 'pros',
could you pls update it for all of us, yr effort is really apreciated.

thk u
Hi

It seems like miltali is not visiting this forum anymore i will try to update the list on xmas holidays.

Cheers
Saki

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada’s Jason Kenney on immigration priorities for 2011

Posted on December 21, 2010 by oe_admin

Jason Kenney, Canada’s minister of citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism, was interviewed recently by the online magazine Canadian Immigrant to discuss the federal government’s immigration and settlement policy priorities for 2011. Here are some highlights of the interview.

MINISTER KENNEY ON HIS TOP PRIORITIES FOR 2011

CI: What are Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s top priorities for the new year?

JK: Our top priority is continuing to improve economic results for immigrants in Canada. That really is the focus of most of what we do. A second priority is to continue to improve the integrity of our immigration system, which includes a crackdown on human smuggling, fraudulent marriages and crooked consultants.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE INVESTOR PROGRAM

CI: What is the rationale behind doubling the required investment for the immigrant investor program? Won’t this affect Canada’s competitiveness in relation to other countries’ immigrant investor programs?

JK: The main reason we doubled the required investment (to $800,000) and asset level (to $1,600,000) was because Canada was massively underselling itself compared to its competitors in this immigration product. The United States and Australia both essentially have million-dollar price points. The United Kingdom has a price point of a million pound sterling. We were offering people the lowest price point at $400,000 for the best advantage, which is immediate permanent residency in Canada, which is also a track to the easiest citizenship process in the developed world … Many people in China, in Hong Kong and India have said to me that the price point is still too low.

They’ve said that it’s so easy for modestly wealthy people in Asia and the Middle East to qualify for the program and that we won’t see any reduction in demand for the Canadian program. It may reduce, very marginally, the demand, but the demand is still excessive in terms of our ability to process applications.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE ECONOMIC PROGRESS OF NEWCOMERS

JK: I can tell you that we recently released a new study that assesses the economic progress of immigrants selected under the current points grid that was adopted in 2002 … It indicates that there has been a huge improvement of employment and income for skilled workers.

The new study indicates that within three years newly selected federal skilled workers are generating, on average, $80,000 in household income, which is very strong. We also have launched consultations on further changes to the points grid for the skilled worker program, which we hope will further improve economic outcomes for newcomers.

Also, since 2006, our government tripled the federal investment in settlement and integration services to help people improve their language proficiency and their job search skills. All of the data indicates that the number one barrier to employment for foreign-trained professionals is language proficiency and that’s why we put such a heavy emphasis on it. We are trying to find more and better ways to get newcomers, who need to upgrade their language skills, to enrol in free [language] programs.

MINISTER KENNEY ON FOREIGN CREDENTIAL RECOGNITION

CI: Are there any new developments with regards to foreign credential recognition?

JK: We have been doing a lot of work with the provinces and the more than 400 professional licensing bodies to streamline and simplify the process of credential recognition for foreign-trained professionals. A year ago, we launched the Canadian Framework for Foreign Credential Recognition, which was based on an agreement between the 10 premiers and Prime Minister Harper.

We have identified, in the first year, nine professional categories where we aim to hammer out a streamlined faster simplified process [for credential recognition]. We’ve put in $50 million into funding that hard technical work between the provincial licensing bodies. We are making huge progress on it and we will meet our objective of giving applicants an answer within a year of their application for those nine professional categories … So progress is being made.

I know it will never be satisfactory for a foreign-trained professional who shows up and hopes to be working as a licensed practitioner immediately. That’s not realistic. It does take time. We can’t guarantee people that their foreign credentials will be recognized in Canada. But we should guarantee them a reasonably simple and efficient process and that’s where we are making progress with the provinces.