+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

Joban99

Apr 6, 2010
kabayan said:
thanks STS... hey Guys, don't panic...as long as we followed the guidelines issued by CIC at the time of application, then we are okay...think positive, because at this point, it won't help if we think negatively...i do feel the same amount of stress, but whenever I worry, i try to motivate myself to be busy with our "stuff". we just have to accept that once we submit our papers, it's out of our hands and there is nothing else we can do except wait and pray. hopefully, the debited cc's and the e-mailed aors would be part of the pleasant surprises in our life...

This forum is a good outlet to vent out your questions and frustrations, as well as get useful information and views from people who are like us and understand what we are going through...

take care y'all.... just a couple of weeks more and i think it'll be our turn... ;)
Hi Kabayan,

I totally agree with you. This forum, especilly this thread, is a great place to ask questions, get useful info and help each other out as we are all in the same boat. Kudos to STS2Canada for making this thread :) and youre right once again; in a couple of weeks, well be recieving our AORs, we just gotta think positive ;D

discreet

Apr 25, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2011
AOR Received.
PER: 16/08/2011 AOR: not recieved
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
RBVO: 17/09/2011 INPROCESS: 22/12/2011 Addition of newborn within 45 days: 22/12/2011
Med's Request
10/02/2012
Med's Done....
16/02
Passport Req..
PPR 1: 03/04/12 PPR 2: 25/4/12 via email
VISA ISSUED...
recieved on 08.05.12
LANDED..........
July 2012
Respected memebers,
hope you all will be doing great and busy in collecting papers for VO.
Through this write up, I am putting a query infront all of you and I will be honored, if you all give me a valuable solution.

My application been delivered to CIC-NS on April 29, 2010 for FSW. I just noticed two mistakes in my IMM 0008 (Application for permanent Residence in Canada), as I have mentioned VISA office ISLAMBAD-PAKISTAN, but it has been changed to LONDON UK from April 1, 2010. And at number 20, I have filled up MONTREAL-QUEBEC. Also have not entered passport detail for my Spouse and for my child, as both are not ready yet (passport application in process).

PLease suggest me, should I need to update CIC-NS with corrections, if yes then please advise me how?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
discreet said:
Respected memebers,
hope you all will be doing great and busy in collecting papers for VO.
Through this write up, I am putting a query infront all of you and I will be honored, if you all give me a valuable solution.

My application been delivered to CIC-NS on April 29, 2010 for FSW. I just noticed two mistakes in my IMM 0008 (Application for permanent Residence in Canada), as I have mentioned VISA office ISLAMBAD-PAKISTAN, but it has been changed to LONDON UK from April 1, 2010. And at number 20, I have filled up MONTREAL-QUEBEC. Also have not entered passport detail for my Spouse and for my child, as both are not ready yet (passport application in process).

PLease suggest me, should I need to update CIC-NS with corrections, if yes then please advise me how?

Re-fill forms and re-submit/courier as soon as possible along a cover letter explaining the mistakes.

discreet

Apr 25, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
RBVO: 17/09/2011 INPROCESS: 22/12/2011 Addition of newborn within 45 days: 22/12/2011
Med's Request
10/02/2012
Med's Done....
16/02
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
recieved on 08.05.12
LANDED..........
July 2012
mahharrouf said:
Re-fill forms and re-submit/courier as soon as possible along a cover letter explaining the mistakes.
ALL FORMS OR ONLY THE ONE WITH MISTAKES.
AT WHICH ADDRESS

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
discreet said:
ALL FORMS OR ONLY THE ONE WITH MISTAKES.
AT WHICH ADDRESS

any one option, I will go for resubmission of forms where you found mistakes ONLY. You will send at same address where you have sent it before.

discreet

Apr 25, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10/02/2012
Med's Done....
16/02
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
recieved on 08.05.12
LANDED..........
July 2012
mahharrouf said:
any one option, I will go for resubmission of forms where you found mistakes ONLY. You will send at same address where you have sent it before.
Thanks for quick answer mate
Can u give format of cover letter please

Bazigar

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Apr-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Jun-2010
Nomination.....
22-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
11-Mar-2011
IELTS Request
Already Attached
File Transfer...
25-Feb-2011
STS2Canada said:
As per OP6 updated on 01 April 2010, check page 37-38.

All applicants will get a chance to submit a copy of their IELTS scores to the local visa office.

For applicants who submitted their applications to CIO before April 10, if they don't submit the IELTS proof with the complete documentation to the local visa office, the local visa office will give them a second chance to submit a proof by requesting the results.

However, for applicants who submitted their applications to CIO on or after April 10, they get one chance to submit the IELTS results along with their full documentation to the local visa office. If the applicants choose not to send their IELTS results to the local visa office, the visa officer will not request for the IELTS result or give a second chance to submit the same.

So that clarifies finally that you DO NOT need to send a copy of IELTS results with your initial application to Nova Scotia. But applicants who submitted on or after April 10 need to send a copy of the results to the local visa office at the time of full documentation submission.

So relax! :)
And wishing the best to everyone!

Regards,
STS
Yeah I agree you are right as in that link there isnt mentioned that you need to submit IELTS at NS...Goood STS

cheemagreat

Apr 5, 2010
hi
cic islamabad received my doc.on 14-04-2010, as 20-04-2010 was the last date for doc. submit ion. but my online status is not change yet.... is there any problem? waiting ur responses

regards

Cyra

Star Member
Aug 2, 2009
NOC 3152
Visa Office: Islamabad

Initial Application sent to CIC Nova Scotia: 15th April 2010

Application recieved: 23rd April 2010

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
I sent my application to CIC NS on 19th March, as and mentioned old address(Islamabas Pkaistan).
unfortunatly, it was recieved by CIC NS on 19th April.

Will I have to resend that form again? Or they will consider from the date of sent from here?

Murtaza

shiraz.nisar

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-08-2010 (1st AOR)
AOR Received.
13-04-2011
Hi Murtaza

I don't think this should be a problem, as this visa office change is a new development. Hope you get AOR soon. This is only my opinion may be others can give a better reply.

-shiraz

murtazaabbasi said:
I sent my application to CIC NS on 19th March, as and mentioned old address(Islamabas Pkaistan).
unfortunatly, it was recieved by CIC NS on 19th April.

Will I have to resend that form again? Or they will consider from the date of sent from here?

Murtaza

canadapermanent

Apr 26, 2010
I am trying for Canada work permit.

I have some queries about traveling cheque.

I met immigration agent here in Indore, india. He gave me the scheme for work permit. There are vacancy in ontario canada in shopping, they require labour work/general workers/ sales man etc for shopping mall in canada. According to agent, salary will be 1,00,000/- per month with accommodation and air ticket free provided by company. He don't ask for any advance payment. Total charge after getting work permit is 6,00,000/- indian Rupees. processing time is just 15 days.

He ask following documents to process work permit file
1. Passport Original
2. Photos 35mmx45mm 8 photos
3. Resume
4. Experience Certificates
5. Traveling Cheque worth Rs . 5,00,000/-

I went to money changer office/ money gram/ thomas cook money changer., they replied, they can not issue traveling cheque without visa or air tickets.

My agent told me, our LMO/ HREDC letter letter is ready, we need traveling cheque number to process file. It takes just 15 days. He asked me for cheque number only. he told me, we require only cheque number, cheque will be in the name of principle applicant, not agent.

I have some confusion about this agents.

He ask me to submit original passport..... Shall I submit?

He told me, LMO/HREDC letter is ready... Is it possible LMO letter without name of worker?

He told me, process time is 15 days... Is it possible to get work permit in just 15 days? I heard, LMO takes 2 months times to approval.

He asked me for travelling cheque ... Is it possible to make traveling cheque before visa and air ticket? I am from Gujarat and agent asked me, some money changer make cheque in delhi without visa and air ticket. He asked me to bring 5,00,000/- in delhi, He told me to help to get traveling cheque. If I go to Delhi with 5 Lack money and some robbery occured, then who will be resposible.

One more question and important, Is it really traveling cheque require to process file of work permit in any circumstances? I mean, If I submit traveling cheque, will it help me to get work permit sure or faster?

I request all seniors to comments my queries.

mostafa_samiee

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus, Syria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
1. I have payed the fee by my boss VISA card on 26 January 2010 and I dont know is it still chargeable.
2.My IELTS will be more than 1 year soon and I will probably send my docs to a local office when it is valid for 10 or 11 months but when I submit my initial application (on 6 of April) it was valid for more than 1 year. Shall I retake for another test or it is acceptable. (Some people say acceptable some people say not and I am confused)

Please someone answer these 2 questions.

G

Gandasia

My IELTS Wwill be 1 year old also by the time I receive the AOR. :-[