+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR with different marriage..

hellothereme

Mar 24, 2018
I don't really know how to start but basically when I was 18 I was involved in a LDR with a Canadian, he came to visit me in the UK, then I went to visit him in Canada, when I was 20 we got married, I stayed in Canada the entire time on a visitor visa so we could apply for sponsorship. We never submitted sponsorship papers.

During our time after marriage we decided it was a mistake and isn't what we wanted since we'd both met other people, the person I met, I met him in Canada when he was visiting the province I was in, we decided to be in a relationships (my ex and I are divorcing amicably). My question is, later down the line if I decide to re-marry, what is the consequence of having previously been married to a Canadian and staying so long in the country as we were going to do PR..

TLDR: My first time in Canada was to stay with my boyfriend who I married and we wanted to apply for PR. We didn't submit ANY sponsorship forms, I met someone else whilst still in Canada whom I'm In a relationship with, what if we get married and want to apply for PR?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Be prepared for scrutiny of your application as you began a relationship with someone else while you were still married. I think this will be the only issue you face

hellothereme

Mar 24, 2018
Be prepared for scrutiny of your application as you began a relationship with someone else while you were still married. I think this will be the only issue you face
We are separated though, amicably, applying for divorce, would immigration really look at the dates I was first married and the dates I would be married again?

Of course I wont be married again for a number of years and until I'm 100% divorced, I'm just thinking of the future, because I'm in love with this person..

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Absolutely they will!!! Everything gets scrutinized. Regardless. You werent divorced when you met the new person

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
We are separated though, amicably, applying for divorce, would immigration really look at the dates I was first married and the dates I would be married again?

Of course I wont be married again for a number of years and until I'm 100% divorced, I'm just thinking of the future, because I'm in love with this person..
Immigration will look at your divorce date and then your new marriage date. As long as you are 100% legally divorced from the first marriage you are able to remarry. CIC is not really going to look at your marriage any more closely provided you don't get divorced today, remarried tommorrow kind of situation.

What you are explaining (divorcing then marrying someone else later) is very common in your country as well as Canada. It will not be a big deal. People get married, grow apart, get divorced and meet other people. It happens all the time. It's not a big deal. You are way over thinking this entire thing. Your other concerns were addressed across at least 2 other threads in various locations. This one is also no different.

Your entire 'plan' is absolutely doable. Return to Canada, divorce your current spouse (if not already done) get married again at a later date, immigrate to Canada to be with new spouse. ALL GOOD! Stop worrying so much. ;)

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I don't really know how to start but basically when I was 18 I was involved in a LDR with a Canadian, he came to visit me in the UK, then I went to visit him in Canada, when I was 20 we got married, I stayed in Canada the entire time on a visitor visa so we could apply for sponsorship. We never submitted sponsorship papers.

During our time after marriage we decided it was a mistake and isn't what we wanted since we'd both met other people, the person I met, I met him in Canada when he was visiting the province I was in, we decided to be in a relationships (my ex and I are divorcing amicably). My question is, later down the line if I decide to re-marry, what is the consequence of having previously been married to a Canadian and staying so long in the country as we were going to do PR..

TLDR: My first time in Canada was to stay with my boyfriend who I married and we wanted to apply for PR. We didn't submit ANY sponsorship forms, I met someone else whilst still in Canada whom I'm In a relationship with, what if we get married and want to apply for PR?
Since you and your Canadian (soon to be ex) husband never ended up submitting your spousal sponsorship application, what is your current status in Canada? Are you still residing in Canada on a visitor visa?

hellothereme

Mar 24, 2018
Since you and your Canadian (soon to be ex) husband never ended up submitting your spousal sponsorship application, what is your current status in Canada? Are you still residing in Canada on a visitor visa?
I'm currently back in the UK. I never received my 3rd visa in the mail as i was staying with my friend, and unknowingly overstayed by a bit less than 4 months, I emailed cic to see what was going on with my application they told me i should have left DEC 1, so i made flight arrangements and left 11 days later, i never received any removal order of any kind , so I won't be returning to Canada for at least 1 entire year, I've been told 1 year is OK and you get asked normal questions at poe.. I don't want to be turned away at the poe when I try to visit my friends and bf..