+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying at Border for WP for Caregiver

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
APOLS said:
Yes, that is what we have in mind now. However, the problem we have is her visa is expiring very soon and we need to renew it (which is not a problem) but because she`s been here for 16 months now, we are skeptical that she will be given an extension even if I will show support to her.

Anyways, since you mentioned that yours is in the process right now, we tried to fill the questions online to know if she will qualify to submit online but they end result was she is not allow because we answered ``Canada`` as her present address but if we put ``US`` she can submit via online. Did you submit your online or by mail? For how long are you waiting now?

Thanks for the response grafe.
<Your welcome APOLS, I applied mine through mail and been waiting for almost 2 months already. The processing time there will be about 4 months.

apols

APOLS

Mar 28, 2012
grafe said:
hi ApOLS, tell your sister she can applied her work permit at New york consulate since she's here in Canada. **spam** applied mine there and still on the process. If she's going to apply in Philippines that will takes for a year to get the result.

Hi Grafe,

My sister just mailed her wp application in NY. Any news regarding your application in the said Canadian office?

Apols

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Hi apols, i'm still waiting for the result, hoping there will be a progress about that by next month. It's been almost 3 months already and i didn't hear anything from there. The paper application normally takes for a long time than the online application. I'll update you here once there's a progress.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
hi APOLS, just to let you know that i got my result of my visa application last week and the visa officer refused my application. i don't know why they approved my LMO and they refused the work visa. they just keep me waited for nothing. it's so annoying that they keep me waited for a long time with a negative result. their reason of refusal was he/she was not satisfied that i will leave in canada after my work contract because of my work status, (am under the temporary worker). they should stated next time that the temporary worker who already in canada cannot apply the work under the live in caregiver program so we are not wasting of our time and money! Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the result of their application.

APOLS

Mar 28, 2012
Hi GRAFE, Sorry to hear that your application is denied:( I don't think it will be a problem to apply under LCP provided you meet their requirements and able to support that.

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
My fiance tried to apply at the POE and had a terrible experience.. she even stated that she was not seeking PR after 2 year, however that did not change a thing! She was kept in this 6x6 room, being asked question of all kinds !! And that was just because THEY DON’T PROCESS LCP AT THE POE

My friend’s girlfriend is a immigration officer and she was very surprised that my fiance was advised to go to the POE for that type of program.. she was very sure when she said: WE DON’T PROCESS THAT AT THE POE AS THIS DEMANDS EDUCATION/TRAINING ASSESSMENT!!!!

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
cocoduro said:
My fiance tried to apply at the POE and had a terrible experience.. she even stated that she was not seeking PR after 2 year, however that did not change a thing! She was kept in this 6x6 room, being asked question of all kinds !! And that was just because THEY DON'T PROCESS LCP AT THE POE

My friend's girlfriend is a immigration officer and she was very surprised that my fiance was advised to go to the POE for that type of program.. she was very sure when she said: WE DON'T PROCESS THAT AT THE POE AS THIS DEMANDS EDUCATION/TRAINING ASSESSMENT!!!!
My sister got her work permit at the POE with the letter of introduction from VO New York. You just have to apply for the work permit outside Canada and cross the border to get the work permit. My sister is now on the Live in Caregiver Program and will be applying for PR soon. I assume that your fiancé did not apply for the work permit outside Canada and went to the border with only her LMO.

fcharm23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA V.O.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012
AOR Received.
21-August-2012
File Transfer...
27-August-2012
Med's Done....
23-March-2012
Passport Req..
1-Dec-2012 via email
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013 :D
APOLS said:
Hi Grafe,

My sister just mailed her wp application in NY. Any news regarding your application in the said Canadian office?

Apols
Hi Apols,

Any updates on the application of your sister? I am in the same sutuation with my sister.

jhondhrey

Jan 9, 2015
Is renewing working permit under Live in caregiver program with same employer allowed in POE or by flagpoling. I still have a valid work permit an TRV and its going to expire next month.
Hope someone can help me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jhondhrey said:
Is renewing working permit under Live in caregiver program with same employer allowed in POE or by flagpoling. I still have a valid work permit an TRV and its going to expire next month.
Hope someone can help me.
No, you cannot flagpole.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/port.asp

Foreign nationals may apply for a work permit on arrival at a port of entry (POE) in Canada if:

- they will not be working as a live-in caregiver or as a seasonal agricultural worker.

yzza

Oct 16, 2014
hi i would like to share these, for those who have the same situation as mine, that until now waiting on their application.
My initial entry is Food counter attendant here in Canada,.before my contract end i applied as live in caregiver, I have no experience as live in caregiver but i am a license nurse in the Philippines i work as Nurse and Stress test technician,,all that i had submit is my TOR, diploma, related learning experiece(RLE), copy of license IDand PRCcertificate, training and seminars, copy of college cases(actual, assist, minor and major, cord care).
It took 2 and half month of waiting before i receive the letter of approval.

i wanna say thank you for all the advises from you guys.!