Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Josephs said:
My wife is from Ontario, we'll be living somewhere in southern Ontario possible Toronto. It's a small world, you'll never know we might meet someday.

How do add my time line to my profile here?
Sure no prob :) It's always nice to be meet new people, even better when they are from where I come from!

Click on your "Profile" up the top,
On your right tab "Modify Profile", click on "Forum Profile Information".
Write your information,then click on change profile to save the changes.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
IndianOcean said:
Sure no prob :) It's always nice to be meet new people, even better when they are from where I come from!

Click on your "Profile" up the top,
On your right tab "Modify Profile", click on "Forum Profile Information".
Write your information,then click on change profile to save the changes.
Thanks, I managed to get it done with your instruction.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Josephs said:
Thanks, I managed to get it done with your instruction.
Realizing now that I made a tiny mistake, it was LEFT tab eheh!!

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Hello guys any good news :)?

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Josephs said:
Hello guys any good news :)?
Well the embassy called yesterday saying the passport is ready for collection, so I arranged with DHL for that, arriving on monday! yaaaaaaayyyyyyy
What about you?did you go to the embassy yet?

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
congrats!!! I haven't gone to the embassy, I'll go there on Monday. If I may ask, How long does it take to say 'in process' on you ecas? Mine hasn't change from "We received your application for permanent residence on October 20, 2011". I am getting a little bit worried that they haven't started working on it.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Looking for information I have a South African Girlfriend

Hi Folks
I have been seeing a girl in South Africa for about 8 months, we have been living together and have gotten very close.... not sure if we want to marry or not yet... but thinking about it...

My question is.... Should we get her a Visitors Visa, to come to Canada so we can continue to be together until we decide what we are going to do? or should we get married and submit the pr, then apply for a visitors visa....does anyone know if it is difficult to get a Multi entry visa?

Thanks
p.s I read somewere about working holiday visas for up to 24 months does anyone know if these are still available to people under 35 years old and if they are difficult to get...

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Josephs said:
congrats!!! I haven't gone to the embassy, I'll go there on Monday. If I may ask, How long does it take to say 'in process' on you ecas? Mine hasn't change from "We received your application for permanent residence on October 20, 2011". I am getting a little bit worried that they haven't started working on it.
It didn't take long,a couple of weeks, but don't rely on ecas too much. Sometimes it just isn't updated regularly, they might be working on your file now even though ecas doesn't show it.
But in my case, it was let's say 98% correct on the updates. But don't get stressed, Pretoria seems to be very fast and efficient these days lol

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Re: Looking for information I have a South African Girlfriend

Dinto said:
Hi Folks
I have been seeing a girl in South Africa for about 8 months, we have been living together and have gotten very close.... not sure if we want to marry or not yet... but thinking about it...

My question is.... Should we get her a Visitors Visa, to come to Canada so we can continue to be together until we decide what we are going to do? or should we get married and submit the pr, then apply for a visitors visa....does anyone know if it is difficult to get a Multi entry visa?

Thanks
p.s I read somewere about working holiday visas for up to 24 months does anyone know if these are still available to people under 35 years old and if they are difficult to get...
Hey Dinto,
She can apply for a visitor's visa for Canada no problem, with multiple entries. I have done that, before I married my Canadian wife. Went there a couple of times to see her, and stayed up to 6 months. Your girlfriend just has to prove that she will come back to SA and show ties there, and write a letter explaining why she wants multiple entries.
About getting married, well that you guys decision, it's a big decision that I think only you can take. And sorry, don't know much about working holiday visas..

Hope it helps,

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
IndianOcean has said it all I guess. She can be on visitors visa until you have made your mind up about marriage. If you get married then you can start process of getting her PR. Good luck!

IndiaOcean please check my last post, perhaps you can help me with the answer.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hi Indian Ocean

Thanks for your encouragement.... I am interested in getting her a visitors visa for now.... a multiple entry visa would be good.... she doesn't have a bank account although I do.... and when she leaves for Canada she will have to resign from her job..... will this in anyway compromise her visa attempt? Can I write her a letter of invitation from within South Africa, and can I download my bank statements via the internet... ats thats how I always get my bank statements...

thanks so much

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Dinto said:
Hi Indian Ocean

Thanks for your encouragement.... I am interested in getting her a visitors visa for now.... a multiple entry visa would be good.... she doesn't have a bank account although I do.... and when she leaves for Canada she will have to resign from her job..... will this in anyway compromise her visa attempt? Can I write her a letter of invitation from within South Africa, and can I download my bank statements via the internet... ats thats how I always get my bank statements...

thanks so much
I think a multiple entry visa is a good idea. If she resign from her work, it will be almost impossible to get the visa because they expect her to come back after her visit. They also need her financial details not yours. I am not trying to pour cold water on you, as I am talking from experience. The first time I applied for a visitor visa to visit my fiance I was refused because they think I have no strong ties to South Africa. I was unemployed at that moment and they said I do not have enough money to cater for myself, even though my in-laws wrote in the invitation letter that they would be responsible for my housing and finances. Also, you can get your family to write the invitation letter.

If you can put those two things in order, there is a very good chance that she'll get the visitors visa. Hopefully you can make the decision on marriage soon, then it's much easier for you to sponsor her. I hope you can find something useful in this.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Josephs said:
IndianOcean has said it all I guess. She can be on visitors visa until you have made your mind up about marriage. If you get married then you can start process of getting her PR. Good luck!

IndiaOcean please check my last post, perhaps you can help me with the answer.
Sorry Josephs, which last post? Didn't I answer to that?

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Dinto said:
Hi Indian Ocean

thanks so much
I think Josephs has said it all, she has to show strong ties from South Africa, because the visa office can deny her visa.
You can write an invitation letter,saying that you will be responsible for all expenses etc,and show your bank statement. But she also has to show like a job letter "allowing" her to go on "holidays" in Canada.
Without those basics things, it will be a difficult case, not saying impossible, just difficult.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
IndianOcean said:
I think Josephs has said it all, she has to show strong ties from South Africa, because the visa office can deny her visa.
You can write an invitation letter,saying that you will be responsible for all expenses etc,and show your bank statement. But she also has to show like a job letter "allowing" her to go on "holidays" in Canada.
Without those basics things, it will be a difficult case, not saying impossible, just difficult.
If I may ask, How long does it take to say 'in process' on you ecas? Mine hasn't change from "We received your application for permanent residence on October 20, 2011". I am getting a little bit worried that they haven't started working on it.