+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balu0427 said:
i got the stickers pasted on a separate sheet which can be detachable and can be used on stick on any paper or envelope. i checked with few others who got their AOR this year, they all got in the same way i received. i think as you said this is the new process.

all the best for ur final stages

Thanks man for the information.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
I am really taken back with the speed of USPS. Today I checked the status of my medical report delivery and it shows At Foreign Delivery Unit as of today morning, which means it is yet to be delivered. My DMP sent the results on May 25 and it is June 7 today. Awesome..

I really can feel your situation because i know how important and serious the matter is.

Hope it will be delivered safely.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Pasi,

Unfortunately USPS can only guarantee time for within the United States.
It seems to be dependent on Post Canada once it crosss its boundary.
Hopefully, things are fine and they are only waiting for information from Post Canada before placing the record electronically on your "tracking" window.

One possibility is to take the tracking number and receipt over to your local USPS Post Office and request them to inform status in person.

USPS also has a pretty good customer service where they respond by email with speed and detail in my experience.
Calling option also available.
You could use these if going physically over to the PO is a pain.
http://www.usps.com/customerservice/welcome.htm

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I got an answer even before I could contact USPS. I checked the status once again now and saw that it is delivered today.

Your item was delivered in CANADA at 9:53 AM on June 7, 2010.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
I got an answer even before I could contact USPS. I checked the status once again now and saw that it is delivered today.

Your item was delivered in CANADA at 9:53 AM on June 7, 2010.
Congratulations Pasi. Which method had you used for sending them? Global Express Guaranteed or Express Mail International or Priority Mail International. I prefer GXG in these situations as USPS becomes FedEx in the foreign country. My success rate has been very good with USPS. EMI reaches India in 6-7 days and Canada in 7 days as well (as it is dependant on Canada Post). But, GXG is 3 days India, 2 days Canada.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u, I do not know in what class it was sent as I did not send it. It was sent from my DMP office.
To answer your question, I checked the status and it shows First-Class Mail International there. Not sure if we would have any hold in the way they send it.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
garian4u, I do not know in what class it was sent as I did not send it. It was sent from my DMP office.
To answer your question, I checked the status and it shows First-Class Mail International there. Not sure if we would have any hold in the way they send it.
Oh ok, that would be ordinary mail then. You are correct, I forgot that you didn't send it, your DMP did. So, can't do much about how they want to send it. But would have expected a little better service given the obnoxious amount of money they charge for the medicals.

jstar

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi Garain,
when was ur file transfered to NY office? Did you get medical request?
Jstar
garian4u said:
Oh ok, that would be ordinary mail then. You are correct, I forgot that you didn't send it, your DMP did. So, can't do much about how they want to send it. But would have expected a little better service given the obnoxious amount of money they charge for the medicals.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jstar, my file was never transferred from Buffalo. It is still in Buffalo and status remains same "Received by visa office". What about you?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u said:
Yes, you are correct. They charged $420 for the medical examination, which is way too much for whatever they did. It is just an xray, blood and urine tests and a physical examination. They could atleast put it in some priority mail. Again, this depends on the DMP office ..

I

igtar

Great feedback Pasi and Garian4u – thank you!

I’m going my medical next week. After I read your discussion I feel like to ask the doctor on how his office ships the docs to Canada. If it would be regular mail :mad: I almost feel like to pay extra $$$ to ship my package via FedEx or UPS just to be on a safe side and not to worry. By the way, my doctor’s rate is US$420 ??? as well…

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
igtar said:
Great feedback Pasi and Garian4u – thank you!

I'm going my medical next week. After I read your discussion I feel like to ask the doctor on how his office ships the docs to Canada. If it would be regular mail :mad: I almost feel like to pay extra $$$ to ship my package via FedEx or UPS just to be on a safe side and not to worry. By the way, my doctor's rate is US$420 ??? as well...
Igtar - I also asked this question to the doctor. He said he does not know all these and the admin office would take care of sending the results. In the admin office, they just said they would do it in the same way that they have been doing all these days and that they can guarantee safe delivery of the results. I am not sure if they would offer to send it in a way that we want to. Try your luck ! I am telling this from my experience at the DMP office.