+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bipul said:
Hi
I applied from Canada.
Eligibility: One year in Canada as an International Student
Hi Bipul, welcom to Buffalo club members, i am an international student in canada as well.

Bipul said:
My file has not been transferred to another VISA office. So processing at Buffalo.
Me too, my file has not been transfered to anywhere else other than Buffalo.

Bipul said:
Is there anyone whose file was processed at Buffalo?
Yes, i am in the same situation.

Bipul said:
Want to know how long does it take from STATUS change( received to in process) in ECAS to MEDICAL request?
Check my timeline at the top left side under my user name.

It took exactly 7 months for my e-case to change from "Received by the visa office" to "In Process", and then 9 days after the status changed to "In Process" to receive the medical request by regular mail.

In total, it took 8 months since Buffalo received my full application to get the medical request by mail. from Sep, 2009 to May 2010.

Before my status changes to In Process" by one month, i got an email from Buffalo asking for an RCMP fingerprint police clearance.

Have you got any kind of communications from Buffalo other than the AOR after they received your application, whether via mail or email ?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi All,

Pl. see my timeline

<-----

Since it is more than 90 days that my ecas changed to "in process" (Feb 25th 2010) I gathered the courage and sent a polite note as a case specific enquiry asking the status of my application yesterday.

In a lightening swift response, Buffalo emailed me back today as follows:
"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

I think it is a case of detailed background checks (I visited 4 countries for presentation of academic papers).
Any other thoughts?
Did I act in haste and should have waited some more?

Bipul

Jun 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-12-2009
professional 1 said:
Have you got any kind of communications from Buffalo other than the AOR after they received your application, whether via mail or email ?
Thanks.
I have not got any kind of communications from Buffalo other than the AOR after they received my application. Does it mean they may not ask me for additional documents?
Do they inform about medical examination via email or only by mail?

Bipul

Jun 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-12-2009
Foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student.
Is it FSW2 category?

Bipul

Jun 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-12-2009
professional 1 said:
It took exactly 7 months for my e-case to change from "Received by the visa office" to "In Process", and then 9 days after the status changed to "In Process" to receive the medical request by regular mail.

In my case they started processing on 21 May, but the status changed to 'In Process' on 24 May 2010.
So, I should count the day from 24 May for comparing with your 9 days, right?

ersum_max

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
15-02-2010
AOR Received.
07-10-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted.
File Transfer...
transferred to LA Oct-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Interview........
Waived.
CHC buffalo received my full application on 20 May (As per Fed-ex tracking).

so far I haven't got any AOR.

will it come by e-mail or just regular postal mail?

Is there any other way though which I can track my e-case status?

Regards,
Max :-X

Bipul

Jun 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-12-2009
It took about one month in my case.

[/quote]will it come by e-mail or just regular postal mail?

Via email.

Wait!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Hi All,

Pl. see my timeline

<-----

Since it is more than 90 days that my ecas changed to "in process" (Feb 25th 2010) I gathered the courage and sent a polite note as a case specific enquiry asking the status of my application yesterday.

In a lightening swift response, Buffalo emailed me back today as follows:
"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

I think it is a case of detailed background checks (I visited 4 countries for presentation of academic papers).
Any other thoughts?
Did I act in haste and should have waited some more?
Hi Honolulu,

First of all, no, you have not done anything wrong asking them about the status of your application, that is normal and has nothing to do positively or negatively with your application progress.

The email reply you got from Buffalo is a copy and paste, i have seen the same email exactly sent to many applicants belong to Buffalo and other local offices in the united states, and many of them got their passport requests within a month from receiving that email.

It is not related to the "deep" background check, when they refer to the deep background check, they have another copy and paste response which says exactly, we requested information from other agencies/governments and are unable to give you an estimate of receiving the results.

The response you got just means that they are unable to give an estimate because of the workload and the applications queue which they follow in each step of the application process.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bipul said:
Thanks.
I have not got any kind of communications from Buffalo other than the AOR after they received my application. Does it mean they may not ask me for additional documents?
Not necessarily, they might or might not ask, depending on their level of satisfaction with your documents.

Bipul said:
Do they inform about medical examination via email or only by mail?
The medical test forms are always sent via regular mail containing your picture stamped by their official seal. However, they might inform you via email that they are going to send you the medical forms, if they decide to send you the assessment letter via email not mail, if not, you will get both of them via mail without any pre notification by email, as was my case.

Bipul said:
Foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student.
Is it FSW2 category?
No, it is category 3.

Bipul said:
In my case they started processing on 21 May, but the status changed to 'In Process' on 24 May 2010.
So, I should count the day from 24 May for comparing with your 9 days, right?
Yes, but take in consideration the time needed for the mail delivery,... and stuff like that. It does not have to be exactly 9 days for all cases, sometimes it takes less than that, and other times a little bit longer .

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ersum_max said:
Count one month after the date of receipt of your application at Buffalo to receive their AOR, sometimes it takes longer, other times it take less, both cases for unknown reasons.

ersum_max said:
will it come by e-mail or just regular postal mail?
It might come via email or mail, keep watching both of them regularly.

ersum_max said:
Yes, using your CIO file number until you get your AOR from Buffalo, or see any change of the e-case status to show "Received by the visa office" whichever comes first.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Bipul said:
Hi
I applied from Canada.
Eligibility: One year in Canada as an International Student

My Timeline:
Doc sent to CIO: Sep 2, 2009
AOR from CIO:Nov 2, 2009
Sent full doc to Buffalo on 25 Nov 2009.
AOR from Buffalo: 30 Dec 2009.
Status changed from 'Received' to 'In Process' on May 24, 2010.
It says 'Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 21'
My file has not been transferred to another VISA office. So processing at Buffalo.

Is there anyone whose file was processed at Buffalo?
Want to know how long does it take from STATUS change( received to in process) in ECAS to MEDICAL request?
Hi Guys!!

I checked my status on e-cas today and it states "in process". The last update i got was on May 11th that my file is received by the Visa office. This is after it was transferred from Buffalo to New York.

I guess my status update is quite close to Bipul's (24th May). Thanks guys for all the details up here, this is really helpful!!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks Professional.
That's encouraging!!!
Wish you the very best in your wait too.
Hope this exciting roller coaster ride makes a nice pleasant splash landing in Canadian territory for us all soon!!!

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
hi ,

I mailed Buffalo about my status and got this reply. PLZ tell me which stage is that ??:--

Your application is in queue for review with an officer. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience.

PLZ SHARE UR VIEWS................BRAVOO

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Pasi said:
I am stuck up now. My DMP office has given me the tracking number for my medicals. I checked the USPS website and it shows the status as of May 30 as International Dispatch. No updates after that. It is 4 days after that and I assume my results should have reached Ottawa by now.

I tried calling the Ottawa office and I got the same response - This is not a public inquiry number. But the lady was kind enough to answer my questions. She was not frustrated or irritated. She said once Ottawa receives the results, they may take upto 2 weeks to inform the visa office. So she has asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks and then contact my visa office and know the status.
USPS does not update tracking everyday if post is to deliver to long distance and by road.
Sometimes USPS updates it once its reached to destination city or sometimes after delivery.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
hi ,

I mailed Buffalo about my status and got this reply. PLZ tell me which stage is that ??:--

Your application is in queue for review with an officer. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience.

PLZ SHARE UR VIEWS................BRAVOO
Hi bravoo,

That is normal response, i believe you have not done the medicals yet ! based on this response before the medicals, i think they are just counting your points and verifying the documents.

bravoo, which category do you belong to, and where was your claimed job experince, in canada or the states, or overseas ?

I just would like to try analyzing your situation by getting these information.

Actually you sent your application to Buffalo same month exactly as me Sep 2009, that is what i do not get about Buffalo ! if they are doing background check on your application, or verifying your documents, why didn't they at least send you the medicals, even if they have no time estimate for this process.

As far as i see, they do not care whether they have an estimate or not, they send the medicals right away, and leave the applicants to their luck, whoever gets his verifications, background...etc finalized before the expiry date of his medicals (is considered lucky), and whoever takes long time beyond his medicals expiry date, will have to re do it (unlucky).

Therefore, why they are delaying your medicals ! that is what i am trying to analyze !

Good luck.