+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

fiona

Sep 30, 2009
2nd FBI Police Clearance?

Friends,
I received AOR from Buffalo on April, 21 by email and I am waiting for the next step.
I am leaving U.S for my home country early August. I wonder if there are things I better take care of in U.S. for my Canadian immigration process. I noticed the "2nd FBI Police Clearance" thing. Under what circumstances are the "2nd FBI Police Clearance" required?
I got my first FBI clearance Novemeber, 2009. Should I try to get the second one before I leave U.S.?

Thank you very muh for your suggestions.

Fiona

Honolulu said:
Cheers Garian!! Congratulations!
All power to the next step!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi Fiona,

The "second" FBI clearance for me came along with my medical request i.e. about 9 months after my AOR which was received in June 09.

I am not sure that this happens to all applicants and I think it was just their way of checking if I had been "OK" since the 9 months the application was submitted.(Usually FBI writes that they have information only upto the time of processing their records or something to that effect....)

The pace of work at Buffalo has speeded up considerably since then and it is quite likely that they will not ask you for this thing.
Why work on antiicipation? Just wait for the specific document Buffalo asks you for. According to me they give enough time. They gave me 90 days for the second FBI clearance.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
being.being said:
Hey OrangeC,

I think we both have same case scenario, the only difference is that i m in US and spouse in Pakistan. I also have received medical. Any idea how this will work after medical. how we'll submit PPR for the Spouse

Please Advice .....

Regards,
Being.Being
If your spouse is not planning to travel in the near future I would ask her to send you the passport now so you can save time when you get ppr. Buffalo wants all passports send together and will not send passport back outside of US/Canada. Good luck.

¬m2l

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
I saw a statement in my PPR letter that said passports will be returned within 30 business days (not including the mailing days). so 30 business days is the maximum time. I have seen other posts that say the visa office takes upto 3 weeks to return your passport. I think you are still good... keep checking your mail box..
God! 30 business days?! Could you tell me within how many weeks you have to send your passport to the visa office since you get PPR? Thanks!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
lovebb said:
God! 30 business days?! Could you tell me within how many weeks you have to send your passport to the visa office since you get PPR? Thanks!
Within 60 days from the date on the letter.

30 business days is the maximum that I saw from the letter. I would expect them to return our passports in 1 to 2 weeks.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Congratulations for the progress.

If this is the case, it means that the update is not done manually by the assistants working in the visa offices, it looks like they use the batches processing method in updating the e-case automatically by the system !
Hi Pro1,

Based on my experience, people will see updated ecas 24 hours after the VO change them. Once I found my address was mistakenly changed to someone else, I emailed the VO immediately. Then just 24 hours later, I saw my address was revised at ecas.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Within 60 days from the date on the letter.
K K K! Thank you! That means I can leave US any time from now on rather than waiting here for CA visa. :)

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
me2land said:
Thank God I got my visa last friday. Buffalo received my passport on June 9th and send it back June 17th. The turnaround was faster than the 15 days they claim. I pray for all of you, my Buffalo buddies, to get your visas faster.

¬me2land
cool! where will you go? Could you keep sharing your landing info with us?

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land
Hello everyone!
Great news! I received medical requests on 7/05 for me and my family. Interview has been waived and visa issuance will proceed once meds are done. But we just found out that my wife is pregnant. We were told that we might have to wait until she gives birth before doing the medicals. Is there anybody with a similar experience here?
Thanks
Anjay

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 2nd FBI Police Clearance?

fiona said:
Friends,
I received AOR from Buffalo on April, 21 by email and I am waiting for the next step.
I am leaving U.S for my home country early August. I wonder if there are things I better take care of in U.S. for my Canadian immigration process. I noticed the "2nd FBI Police Clearance" thing. Under what circumstances are the "2nd FBI Police Clearance" required?
I got my first FBI clearance Novemeber, 2009. Should I try to get the second one before I leave U.S.?

Thank you very muh for your suggestions.

Fiona
Not everyone is asked for a repeat of FBI Clearance report. The report itself is valid for 90 days so no need to order it now. If they request it in the future you can get one even if you are outside the US.

¬m2l

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada001 said:
cool! where will you go? Could you keep sharing your landing info with us?
I want to settle in the GTA. I'm planning to land sometime in September. Will keep you guys posted on my landing experience.

¬m2l

fiona

Sep 30, 2009
Honolulu,
Thank you very much for the information.
The reason that I have to work on anticipation is that I am leaving U.S soon and I won't be able to get certain things, such as figure print for FBI clearance when I am back in my home country.

Honolulu said:
Hi Fiona,

The "second" FBI clearance for me came along with my medical request i.e. about 9 months after my AOR which was received in June 09.

I am not sure that this happens to all applicants and I think it was just their way of checking if I had been "OK" since the 9 months the application was submitted.(Usually FBI writes that they have information only upto the time of processing their records or something to that effect....)

The pace of work at Buffalo has speeded up considerably since then and it is quite likely that they will not ask you for this thing.
Why work on antiicipation? Just wait for the specific document Buffalo asks you for. According to me they give enough time. They gave me 90 days for the second FBI clearance.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
Congrats You are one step closer to your goal.
Thanks sazid :) Hopefully the other stages are overcome with ease. It hasn't been that smooth till now.