+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
lovebb said:
Hello there! I have a quick question. Do I need to send my medical receipt to Detroit, my consulate office?
In my case, my doctor send by himself..ask your DMP just to make sure.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
No, not yet, even the email inquiry for the status of my application which i sent to Buffalo 4 days ago (on June 23 )for the first time since i applied via the case specific inquiry, did not get any response until now except the direct automated response"acknowledgment of receipt of my message".
Hi pro1,

Did you take the medical on May 13 or your DMP send the result to Ottawa on May 13? Are you in Canada or US? Thanks!

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadacanada said:
In my case, my doctor send by himself..ask your DMP just to make sure.
Canadax2, Congratulations!!! Where's your current visa office? Is it still Buffalo? I'm waiting for mine. :-\

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
lovebb said:
Hello there! I have a quick question. Do I need to send my medical receipt to Detroit, my consulate office?
Yes, you will have to send your receipt to your visa office and the DMP will be sending your results to Ottawa.

lavasi

Jun 24, 2010
Pasi said:
Yes, you will have to send your receipt to your visa office and the DMP will be sending your results to Ottawa.
I am confused. Do I need to send medical examination receipt to visa office? I couldn't find any details in my letter ::)

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lavasi said:
I am confused. Do I need to send medical examination receipt to visa office? I couldn't find any details in my letter ::)
After you are done with the medicals, you are supposed to send the medical receipt to your Canadian consulate office who sent you the medical request letter. Your duty lies in letting the consulate know that you ahve done the medicals If they have asked for the RPRF, then you send both of them together.

The DMP will send the original medical reports and x-ray to Ottawa. If it is not mentioned in the letter, still, go ahead and do that.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess sending medical receipt is optional. It's not mentioned anywhere in the medical request package. I never sent any receipt and everything went just fine.

¬m2l

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jesus! I don't know I have to send the receipt to visa office! But, there's another little story. Since I couldn't have my DMP send the medical result to Ottawa early, I once emailed Detroit, my visa office, to complain the DMP's poor service. I asked Detroit if the processing of my application will be negatively affected because my DMP is always "too busy" to post my med to Ottawa. Attached on that email is a scanned medical receipt for Detroit information. Detroit responded me that "Thank you for telling us that you are already finished your medical examination. blablabla. The processing won't be affected. blablabla. The only outstanding information for us to issue you the visa is the medical info. blablabla..."

In this case, do you guys think if I still need to send the original receipt to Detroit?

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovebb said:
Jesus! I don't know I have to send the receipt to visa office! But, there's another little story. Since I couldn't have my DMP send the medical result to Ottawa early, I once emailed Detroit, my visa office, to complain the DMP's poor service. I asked Detroit if the processing of my application will be negatively affected because my DMP is always "too busy" to post my med to Ottawa. Attached on that email is a scanned medical receipt for Detroit information. Detroit responded me that "Thank you for telling us that you are already finished your medical examination. blablabla. The processing won't be affected. blablabla. The only outstanding information for us to issue you the visa is the medical info. blablabla..."

In this case, do you guys think if I still need to send the original receipt to Detroit?
I think you are good lovebb. The whole purpose of sending the medical receipts is to let them know that you are through with the medicals within the 60 day time period from the date of meds request. They need that information so that they can proceed further with any other processing they might have been waiting on. Now, in your case, as is quite evident, they are just waiting for the results from Ottawa to see whether you are fit or not.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, Jattu1980! I just faxed them the receipt and notified that according to the tracking number offered by DMP, my medical stuff arrived at Ottawa this morning. Well, July 1 is Ottawa holiday and July 5 is Detroit holiday. I assume my medical result letter will have to sleep in their mail room for a while.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
me2land said:
I guess sending medical receipt is optional. It's not mentioned anywhere in the medical request package. I never sent any receipt and everything went just fine.

¬m2l
I am not sure if it is optional. I had it mentioned in the medical request letter that I got. It said I need to send the medical receipt clearly showing the DMP registration and the RPRF. I would advice you to read through your letter completely to make sure you dont miss anything.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
lovebb said:
Thanks, Jattu1980! I just faxed them the receipt and notified that according to the tracking number offered by DMP, my medical stuff arrived at Ottawa this morning. Well, July 1 is Ottawa holiday and July 5 is Detroit holiday. I assume my medical result letter will have to sleep in their mail room for a while.
How did you notify them of the tracking number? Email or through fax?

Mark

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read my medical instruction again and again but couldn't find anything about sending the receipt to VO. Anyway, I faxed them already. Also, I'm thinking if it's possible that only those who have to take care of RPRF are required to send the receipt. I paid RPRF when I filed the application to Sydney. So, this time they didn't ask me to do that.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
lovebb said:
I read my medical instruction again and again but couldn't find anything about sending the receipt to VO. Anyway, I faxed them already. Also, I'm thinking if it's possible that only those who have to take care of RPRF are required to send the receipt. I paid RPRF when I filed the application to Sydney. So, this time they didn't ask me to do that.
I think this is a good point -- I will send my medical receipt with the RPRF even though it is not mentioned in my letter, like Pasi's.

Mark