+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Your comments always enrich the content of this thread, you will be the first one of Buffalo new generation who get the visa stamped "god willing".

Best regards.
Pro1 - I think a few us in here have close timeline, hopefully we'll all be done before end of July.Thanks for bringing the trackitt cases, it really break my heart to hear rejections. It reminds us how lucky we were to get to this stage successfully.

¬m2l

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gauravbt said:
This member was showing 2 years of Total Experience including 1 year of Managerial Position.This definitely is a Red Flag .I dont see any other reason for the VO to reject this case.I believe the whole case went sweet except the most important part of Job Experience
beauhoe said:
Can we think of any mistake in his ecas?

I would not comment on his case, i am just giving you the link which explain the reason of his refusal.

Breifly "the immigration officer called his company, and someone answered the phone and gave different duties than the ones written on his reference letter, so they sent him a warning message stating that they think his reference letter is a fraud, and giving him 30 days to respond".

Anyway, i feel sorry for him. leave you with the link:

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/507160707/urgent-help-please-buffalo-response

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2land said:
Pro1 - I think a few us in here have close timeline, hopefully we'll all be done before end of July.Thanks for bringing the trackitt cases, it really break my heart to hear rejections. It reminds us how lucky we were to get to this stage successfully.

¬m2l

Yes me2land, actually many of us have close timeline, hope that we all are going to get our visas soon "god willing", i feel sorry for any one who cloud not make it, and hope that god will help us to the end.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
I would not comment on his case, i am just giving you the link which explain the reason of his refusal.

Breifly "the immigration officer called his company, and someone answered the phone and gave different duties than the ones written on his reference letter, so they sent him a warning message stating that they think his reference letter is fraud, and giving him 30 days to respond".

Anyway, i feel sorry for him. leave you with the link:

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/507160707/urgent-help-please-buffalo-response
Ohoh! That is not a good sign.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually without going through individual cases details, this case brings up the subject again which many people were asking and wondering about: "do they verify the work experience documents before or after medicals ?". I have no clue ! i thought they do so after medicals because of the speed of issuing the medicals in many cases, 3, 4 days after the processing starts !

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
My frustrated observation is that I cannot understand what they do to the files before they begin processing? Do they simply sit on them?

Checking everything seems to begin only after the files are "in processing" ???
Are they just putting the files in queue for 7-10 months as in most cases?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
My frustrated observation is that I cannot understand what they do to the files before they begin processing? Do they simply sit on them?

I have the same confusion as to whether they keep the files that long for 8 months or more without doing anything for it ! have no idea ! however, it seems to be the case.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:

As soon as your file goes to CIO, your information gets inputted there. All the CIO does it to make sure the check is enchased and that the documents "seemingly" are in order. You can't expect any input at CIO (Sydney) unless you have really screwed up the application for it to be obvious to CIO.

Once the file is transferred to Buffalo, you officially join the "long queue" that is waiting to enter Canada. You can say that your file seemingly "catches dust" while you wait to be invited to the counter (think of it as going to a bank and waiting for your number). The reality is a little different. While you may think nothing is happening in the background, you'd be surprised that CIC is working on little fact checks on your file. As you probably know, more than 250,000 applicants file for immigration to Canada every year. Applications from Buffalo account for approx. 5% of that number. Around 10,000 - 12,000 immigrate legally every year. But Buffalo gets at least 2-3 times that number. What it essentially means is Buffalo handing most likely 25,000 - 30,000 cases per year. Now do the math, which probably explains why your file rusts while your heart beat takes a skip every day of the year waiting for some news from Buffalo :)

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks Mark!
Your solid stats make me see more sense than it did this far.
I wish the differences between the before processing and after processing stages were made more clear by CIC.
If we knew which direction we were going, and what was meant to go on in the post processing stage, it would probably seem a less bumpy ride.
Well good thing is that I am at least amongst friends ;D

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
garian4u said:
18 weeks with no change / update from Buffalo. Status "Received by Visa Office"
Same here garian,iam following you too for any change,
i would say most expcetdly u shud c somthn around 2nd week of july to my guess,rest is all unknown,,
i don't know y wud dey take so much time after receiving just to start the process,
but current timelines with other ppl is working around near by 90 days so let's just wait little more,,,
:)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010 said:
Same here garian,iam following you too for any change,
i would say most expcetdly u shud c somthn around 2nd week of july to my guess,rest is all unknown,,
i don't know y wud dey take so much time after receiving just to start the process,
but current timelines with other ppl is working around near by 90 days so let's just wait little more,,,
:)
Hmmm ok, I guess so. I think I will wait for 90 days since I received my Buffalo AOR, before sending an e-mail to them for status (around June end). Let's see.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
As soon as your file goes to CIO, your information gets inputted there. All the CIO does it to make sure the check is enchased and that the documents "seemingly" are in order. You can't expect any input at CIO (Sydney) unless you have really screwed up the application for it to be obvious to CIO.

Once the file is transferred to Buffalo, you officially join the "long queue" that is waiting to enter Canada. You can say that your file seemingly "catches dust" while you wait to be invited to the counter (think of it as going to a bank and waiting for your number). The reality is a little different. While you may think nothing is happening in the background, you'd be surprised that CIC is working on little fact checks on your file. As you probably know, more than 250,000 applicants file for immigration to Canada every year. Applications from Buffalo account for approx. 5% of that number. Around 10,000 - 12,000 immigrate legally every year. But Buffalo gets at least 2-3 times that number. What it essentially means is Buffalo handing most likely 25,000 - 30,000 cases per year. Now do the math, which probably explains why your file rusts while your heart beat takes a skip every day of the year waiting for some news from Buffalo :)

Mark
MarkCan - got link for the statistics? Is the 250K number for FSW or all immigration categories?

¬m2l