13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
POSITIVE said:
when can we expect 2nd AOR(from NEW DELHI VO) as it is already 10 days ssince first AOR by CIO?
can we expext by DEC end?
thanks
I do not think there will be a 2nd AOR. Prior to June 26, visa office sent 2nd AOR when you had passed your final eligiblity review, having reviewed all your supporting documents. However, CIC rather than visa office now makes the decision on final eligibility review.

So I think after this first AOR, the next thing you will hear is medicals, unless visa office specifically want additional information or documents.

Wayne.

complacent

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
Doc's Request.
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
So I think after this first AOR, the next thing you will hear is medicals, unless visa office specifically want additional information or documents.

Wayne.
[/quote]

So do you think that applicants who have received their AOR have already cleared their background and security checks.

Hi, this is my first post although I check this forum on daily basis
Request you to please add my details:

Application sent : 08 sep 2010
Application received : 13 sep 2010
DD cashed : 23 sep 2010
Visa office : New Delhi
NOC code : xxxx
PCC : Not sent
AOR ; waiting

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
complacent said:

Wayne.

So do you think that applicants who have received their AOR have already cleared their background and security checks.

AOR ; waiting
Background & security checks will be done by VO...

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
complacent said:

Wayne.

AOR ; waiting
please tell us your NOC it is not a secret lol so i can add your full details to the sheet

AMro

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Amro Elsayed said:
please tell us your NOC it is not a secret lol so i can add your full details to the sheet

AMro
lol, i was thinking the same :)

complacent

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
Doc's Request.
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
Amro Elsayed said:

AMro

Hi Amro

My NOC is 1122.

Thanks

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Dr.Hasib said:
Background & security checks will be done by VO...
I thought positive final eligibility review included background check by CIO, no? please correct me if I am wrong.

although there is no constraint on VO to do the background check, I wonder what 'final eligibility' by CIO meant then?

C

Cam1234

Coffee said:
I thought positive final eligibility review included background check by CIO, no? please correct me if I am wrong.

although there is no constraint on VO to do the background check, I wonder what 'final eligibility' by CIO meant then?
Hi Coffee:

My understanding is, final eligibility does not include background check. In fact background check is done after they have received your medicals. It is one of the last things they do and it is time consuming. Final eligibility means, they have gone over your employment records and have determined that you are eligible in your NOC under to the ministerial rules.

Prior to June 26, you would send a simple application and "Claim" that you are eligible under a specific NOC. If CIO approved of this claim, then you would submit all your documents to VO. The VO would then actually go over the "proof" of employment you have submitted and determine the final eligibility, hence a second AOR...

Cam

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
Hi Coffee:

My understanding is, final eligibility does not include background check. In fact background check is done after they have received your medicals. It is one of the last things they do and it is time consuming. Final eligibility means, they have gone over your employment records and have determined that you are eligible in your NOC under to the ministerial rules.

Prior to June 26, you would send a simple application and "Claim" that you are eligible under a specific NOC. If CIO approved of this claim, then you would submit all your documents to VO. The VO would then actually go over the "proof" of employment you have submitted and determine the final eligibility, hence a second AOR...

Cam
Hi.

I concur that final eligibility review does not include background checks, however I am 99% sure that backgrounds checks are done BEFORE medicals.

Please imagine the uproar for a family of 5 if CHC are asked to pay $1500 or more to spend on medicals, only for them to decide to fail your application on a non-medical issue due to background checks, which they are completely able to find out before they asked for your medicals.

With respect, NO WAY :)

In my view medicals are the very last thing they will ask for before PPR (passport requests to stamp visa). They will not ask you to go to the large expense of taking medicals if there is a chance your application can fail for any other reason than medicals.

From everything I have seen and read, CIC determine whether or not you are eligible for processing. VO then "process" your application which includes background and security checks. If this is successful, they will ask you for medicals as the final thing before passport requests.

My 2 cents,
Wayne :)

ashokrenwa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
18-03-2011 - Dated 10th March
IELTS Request
7 Band - Score
File Transfer...
FEB - 2011
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Cappuccino said:
Hi.

I concur that final eligibility review does not include background checks, however I am 99% sure that backgrounds checks are done BEFORE medicals.

.................. If this is successful, they will ask you for medicals as the final thing before passport requests.

My 2 cents,

I agree with you on ths one Wayne...My 2 cents as welll... :D

aSHOK....

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
Hi.

Please imagine the uproar for a family of 5 if CHC are asked to pay $1500 or more to spend on medicals, only for them to decide to fail your application on a non-medical issue due to background checks, which they are completely able to find out before they asked for your medicals.

With respect, NO WAY :)

In my view medicals are the very last thing they will ask for before PPR (passport requests to stamp visa). They will not ask you to go to the large expense of taking medicals if there is a chance your application can fail for any other reason than medicals.

From everything I have seen and read, CIC determine whether or not you are eligible for processing. VO then "process" your application which includes background and security checks. If this is successful, they will ask you for medicals as the final thing before passport requests.

My 2 cents,
Hi Wayne:

You could very well be correct, I don't dispute your argument. From what I have read, and for the life of me I cannot remember where, VO does security checks in two different ways. One is, to verifying the police documents we have sent them, and they do that early on. The second part is a security check they do on their own. This is to determine whether you are a threat to Canada, as in a terrorist or something. The second one is what I have read is the last thing they do.

That is why there is approximately a two month waiting period from the time your medicals reach them to the time you get your visa. I honestly don't think they would feel bad turning down an application after finding out the person is a terrorist and a threat to Canada... and I don't think under those circumstances they care if that individual has paid for their medicals. I seriously think 99.9% of all applicants will not be a threat to Canada, so we have nothing to worry about.

BTW, the final security check is conducted by Canadian Security Intelligence Service (csis), they check to see if you have been involved in espionage, subversion, or terrorism.

Cam

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a lot Cappuccino.
Cappuccino said:
I do not think there will be a 2nd AOR. Prior to June 26, visa office sent 2nd AOR when you had passed your final eligiblity review, having reviewed all your supporting documents. However, CIC rather than visa office now makes the decision on final eligibility review.

Wayne.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
molarius said:
good day to all...
the other day I got a letter via regular mail that my package was returned aug 26, 2010....this is due to incomplete information/documents. I actually mailed a new IELTS result that is the reason why they sent a letter together w/ the IELTS result that I sent. It has been almost 4 months so there is a strong possibility that my package is LOST. I went to my local post office & i was informed that any document not recieved or claimed, will be returned to sender w/c is the CIO since the document is only thru ordinary mail, there is no way to trace it. :( :( :(
The letter from CIO which I recieved goes like ths....
sorry to hear about this molarius, anyway try and apply again. Before, we used to say that 3 months without any returned packag is already safe, but now with this news of 4 months , this is not good. Nothing seems to be assured unless you were able to verify if your CC or DD is encashed. So far, have we heard of anyones file returned even they were able to encashed the DD or charged the CC?

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
Hey Friends,

Dec 6,first thing in the morning;

Let's wish that quite a number of AOR's bring us in general and our

front runner hopefuls in particular, the happiest of hours today! ;)

Amen!

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes Dear Katyspring, Let's hope that this week brings lot many PER's to our forum members. With this Hope Good mornning & Wish all the members Best wishes and particularly to all August members to receive PER's in this week.

Cheers. ;)