+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
A request for those who are planning to call CIO sometime soon -if they tell you that it will be 33 weeks to receive some response on your app, please ask then how is it 'fast 'tracked' when earlier people received visas in some cases within this timeline! I should've asked this question when I called yesterday.
Nothing is making any sense!

EnvioZA said:
@ wayne,
Thanks for your response and concern.
Hmm that would be really sucky. But I was wondering how could be post june is so called "fast tract" if thats not fast at all. :'(. or may be we need to be more patient?
Another point is that some of the post june applications are returned back very quickly if there is any minor mistakes found by CIC. Therefore , I am not sure why they will encash + stockpile and then return some of the applications!!
Again confused confused and confused. :-\...
Anyway we are not sure about next year at all. Everythign may change in one year as the CIC has ever changing policy to earn as much as possible from all sorts of applicants.
It sucks.

Thanks a lot buddy for your response.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Mars Volta said:
Dears,
My application also was returned. The reason was incomplete application. They sent it on 11th of August and I received it after 1.5 month. On 22th of September.
So big delay in receiving is possible.
@ Volta,
I am so sorry to hear your situation.
Was you credit card or BD been encashed?
It will calm many of our nerves if you kindly share this info.
I wish you can find better way to reach your goal in life. Thanks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Again, please don't encourage people to call CIO just to hear them repeat "33 weeks". Use your energies to write to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration with suggestions to improve the process instead, ie understandable weekly updates and stats.
I have to agree with Envioza's skepticism about stockpiling apps. It doesn't explain why some have been returned already. I am sorry to hear of the recent returns and hope that you are all able to make your applications whole and get them back quickly.

Go Canada

Aug 31, 2010
Sachin11 said:
Hello Everyone

Yesterday was a very sad day for me as I received my application pack returned for not submitting my date of birth certificate. I am a July applicant. Can someone tell me the solution as I do not have this certificate for myself and my spouse. They are not considering DOB mentioned in passport and 10th Certificate. I was born at home and birth was not registered with Muncipal Corporation office

Would appreciate if someone can help me in drafting the explanation for the same to cio

Thanks for the help

Regards
Sachin
Hiii Sachin,

Have you got your entire package back including all the originals like IELTS, Reference letters, Bank Drafts etc?

I am asking you so because I have got a communication from CIC that my application was sent back due to incomplete documents but my package seems to be lost in transit...

Can u please clarify my on the above point?

Go Canada

Aug 31, 2010
Mars Volta said:
Dears,
My application also was returned. The reason was incomplete application. They sent it on 11th of August and I received it after 1.5 month. On 22th of September.
So big delay in receiving is possible.
Hii Mars Volta,

Did u receive your entire package back including all the originals? Asking you so because my package seems to have been lost in transit and was sent back due to the same reason as yours...

Go Canada

Aug 31, 2010
noolan said:
Hi ,

Thanks for your kind words...This is how they called my brother, PLZ read page 202....

Dear All,
Today I called CIC. The person who talked to me was extremely friendly. After confirming all details, she told me that she can confirm that they received my application on the 19th of July, but she said she could not see any reason why the CC has not been charged. she was putting me on hold again and again and it looked that she was trying to ask other department about my file, but no luck. This continued for almost 25 minutes. At the end she said that she is gonna send a message to the concerned department, and asked me if i could provide her any contact number. I asked her if it was ok to call my brother, who is in Canada, and she said absolutely!!!so she took my brothers phone number and said that some one is gonna give my brother a call once the status of my file is confirmed. and told me that if you/ your brother do not hear anything from them for 30 days, just give us a call and tell the agent that the last time they sent a message on the 25th of October......
my waiting game continues........
Hiii Noolan,

Can you please let me what number are you calling on? I have called them on two different days and have not been able to reach them... they end the call with an automated message which says that their agents are currently busy and can't take the call and that Thursday's and Friday's are their least busy days...

I am calling from India and have called them at around 10pm and 11pm India Time ( as I believe the time in Nova Scotia is around 9 hours behind India)

I would be grateful if you can provide me an answer to my query...

Mars Volta

Oct 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
humsafar said:
Mars Volta, sorry to hear that, can you please shed some light, as to which aspect, it was incomplete, any thing they mentioned in the letter, or you yourself realised is missing.

Though you file is returned and the time wasted cannot be brought back, if you share, it will help many other to avoid the same mistake.
I found out Visa Office field was empty. Mystical. I have checked applications several times.
So, I reapply at the same day. Thus, I am already en cashed.
One last thing. I also found out my application was checked at the same day received. My previous package was received on the 6th of August and annulled stamp on applications was for the same date.
They en cashed me after 3 days of receiving second package. So I think they check it immediately for completeness.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mchowdhury said:
What if they dont hit the total 20K cap by 33 weeks (some NOcs will possibly not reach 1000 by end of June 2011)? They will pretty soon reach 1000 for NOCs like 1122 (as CIC website trend suggests), but 20K total seems far. How long are they going to suspend the AORs?
That is a good point. Some NOCs are heavily undersubscribed at present.

12 of the 29 NOCs as of October 19 had less than 20 applications counted in their cap out of 1000.
21 of the 29 NOCs had less than 50 applications.

7323 had 2. 7371 had 0.

This means there will probably be a handful of popular NOCs fill up very quickly, and some of them may not fill up at all. It could also make the 20000 limit impossible to even reach, if quite a lot of NOCs do not reach 1000. 26th June to 19th October = approximately 1/3rd of a year. So those 21 NOCs with less than 50, could we possibly expect another 950 within the next 8 months?

The way they have implemented this I think it very possible that the 20000 will never be reached. With such a vastly reduced rate of applications, how can they justify making us wait 2 to 3 times longer than the May/June applicants when they are no longer in their busy summer period with reduced staffing?

33 weeks is utterly, utterly absurd. Rather than just quoting the figure to people who call, they can save themselves a lot of phone calls if they merely communicate properly on their web site what this 33 week number actually means? Do they mean 33 weeks for 1st AOR? 33 weeks for medical request from VO? WHAT?

Sigh,
Wayne.

Go Canada

Aug 31, 2010
Cappuccino said:
One way of looking at this is that if people keeping phoning CIC, then CIC will be delayed even further.

But the point is that if CIC actually gave us regular, coherent updates on their website, very few people would need to phone them (only specific cases where application has been lost etc).

Such coherent updates will only arise when CIC wake up to this fact, and the only way they will do so is by monitoring how many phone calls they get with the crappy updates they currently do on their website, and then do something about it and see how many phone calls they get if they try giving regular, useful information on their website.

Something like:
That would take someone 5 minutes per week and would probably save them HUNDREDS of hours of phone calls.

So I don't think stopping phoning CIC is going to help. I think we should phone the hell out of them until they actually give us some useful information.

The 2010-2011 FSW1 applicants have collectively spent literally millions of dollars and tens of thousands of man-hours investing in these applications - for someone at their end to spend a few minutes per week updating us with useful information really wouldn't hurt!

Wayne.
Excellent Wayne... very well said and summed up...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Pippin said:
Again, please don't encourage people to call CIO just to hear them repeat "33 weeks". Use your energies to write to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration with suggestions to improve the process instead, ie understandable weekly updates and stats.
I have to agree with Envioza's skepticism about stockpiling apps. It doesn't explain why some have been returned already. I am sorry to hear of the recent returns and hope that you are all able to make your applications whole and get them back quickly.
The applications which have been returned have all been done so prior to encashment, i.e. all incomplete applications.

The theory that they are stockpiling applications is still supported in that not 1 single application has been returned AFTER charging credit card or cashing banker's draft. If we believe what CIC say about 33 weeks then we should also believe that they have been telling forum users about eligibility reviews being complete, at least until the end of August.

Unless they are stockpiling applications - withholding AORs and rejections until a certain date - then I cannot fathom how it can take 33 weeks to receive an AOR. Their previous process stated 45 to 90 days, let's say 60 days on average. 33 weeks = 231 days, almost FOUR TIMES the waiting time of the 2009-2010 applications.

Sorry to keep on moaning about this, but what I find intolerable is the utter lack of communication from CIC. Why can they not spend 20 minutes writing an update on their website about this 33 weeks and explaining exactly what it means? They sometimes seem to get annoyed when we phone them, if they just communicated things more clearly then we wouldn't have to.

Wayne.

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
Go Canada said:
Hiii Noolan,

Can you please let me what number are you calling on? I have called them on two different days and have not been able to reach them... they end the call with an automated message which says that their agents are currently busy and can't take the call and that Thursday's and Friday's are their least busy days...

I am calling from India and have called them at around 10pm and 11pm India Time ( as I believe the time in Nova Scotia is around 9 hours behind India)

I would be grateful if you can provide me an answer to my query...
0016139444000 then dial 1..2..1..2..1 and then wait till agent comes online. It may take up to half an hour.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Cappuccino said:
That is a good point. Some NOCs are heavily undersubscribed at present.

12 of the 29 NOCs as of October 19 had less than 20 applications counted in their cap out of 1000.
21 of the 29 NOCs had less than 50 applications.

7323 had 2. 7371 had 0.

This means there will probably be a handful of popular NOCs fill up very quickly, and some of them may not fill up at all. It could also make the 20000 limit impossible to even reach, if quite a lot of NOCs do not reach 1000. 26th June to 19th October = approximately 1/3rd of a year. So those 21 NOCs with less than 50, could we possibly expect another 950 within the next 8 months?

The way they have implemented this I think it very possible that the 20000 will never be reached. With such a vastly reduced rate of applications, how can they justify making us wait 2 to 3 times longer than the May/June applicants when they are no longer in their busy summer period with reduced staffing?

33 weeks is utterly, utterly absurd. Rather than just quoting the figure to people who call, they can save themselves a lot of phone calls if they merely communicate properly on their web site what this 33 week number actually means? Do they mean 33 weeks for 1st AOR? 33 weeks for medical request from VO? WHAT?

Sigh,
Wayne.
I agree. They are just saying 33 weeks to discourage the people to call CIC.
Besides I doubt that the clerk handling the phone calls knows anythign about any particular applicants situation among thousand of successful and unsuccessful applicants.
So best way is to give maximum time, so people dont call them for things that the CIC clerks themselves are not sure about at this moment.
Cheers.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
EnvioZA said:
Everythign may change in one year as the CIC has ever changing policy to earn as much as possible from all sorts of applicants.
It sucks.

Thanks a lot buddy for your response.
Ain't that the truth, brother. With an average of say 2.5 to 3 applicants per FSW1 principal application, they are looking to rake in $20,000,000 for FSW1 applications alone in 2010-2011. That's with 47 visa officers @CIC (not sure how many at worldwide visa offices). And that's just FSW1, doesn't count all the revenue generated from the many other routes into Canada.

But on a per-employee basis I reckon CIC are making a lot of money over this.

Wayne.

urbinajanice

Jul 15, 2010
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept. 22, 2010
AOR Received.
FIRST- Jan. 25, 2011 / SECOND Feb. 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sept.22, 2010
Med's Request
Feb. 17, 2011
Med's Done....
DONE Mar. 2, 2011 / SUBMITTED Mar.25, 2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 30, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2011
LANDED..........
July 17, 2011
MY CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED ALREADY. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED A FILE NUMBER? I HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION THOUGH. CAN SOMEONE PUT SOME LIGHT ON THIS MATTER? THANK YOU.

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
urbinajanice said:
MY CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED ALREADY. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED A FILE NUMBER? I HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION THOUGH. CAN SOMEONE PUT SOME LIGHT ON THIS MATTER? THANK YOU.
It means, your application is through completeness check. Now they will go for eligibility review. If you clear that, then only you will receive your file number.