+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

Go Canada

Aug 31, 2010
jignesh79 said:
0016139444000 then dial 1..2..1..2..1 and then wait till agent comes online. It may take up to half an hour.
Thanks Jignesh,

Well this is the same number I have been calling to know the status of my lost application (on its way back)... I reach the last stage where they ask me about my 8 digit number around 4-5 times and then say that they are transferring my call to the agent and I should not be rude etc then the bell rings and after waiting for about 30 seconds they say the agents are busy at this time and can't take my call and that Thursday's and Friday's are their least busy days... and then the call disconnects automatically...

This has exactly happened three times over... is this how it happens or I need to make amends somewhere?

Thanks... :)

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Cappuccino said:
The applications which have been returned have all been done so prior to encashment, i.e. all incomplete applications.

The theory that they are stockpiling applications is still supported in that not 1 single application has been returned AFTER charging credit card or cashing banker's draft. If we believe what CIC say about 33 weeks then we should also believe that they have been telling forum users about eligibility reviews being complete, at least until the end of August.

Unless they are stockpiling applications - withholding AORs and rejections until a certain date - then I cannot fathom how it can take 33 weeks to receive an AOR. Their previous process stated 45 to 90 days, let's say 60 days on average. 33 weeks = 231 days, almost FOUR TIMES the waiting time of the 2009-2010 applications.

Sorry to keep on moaning about this, but what I find intolerable is the utter lack of communication from CIC. Why can they not spend 20 minutes writing an update on their website about this 33 weeks and explaining exactly what it means? They sometimes seem to get annoyed when we phone them, if they just communicated things more clearly then we wouldn't have to.

Wayne.
I propose to draft a letter to Minister addressing our concerns.

We made enough thinking and can articulate our concerns in one letter.

How do you people find this?

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
They will ask for the 8 digit number 3 times. Then they will transfer your call to an agent.
If all agents are busy, they inform that and disconnect. Otherwise they will put you on hold (informing that the average wait time is 10 minutes) and you can expect someone to pick up in 10-15 minutes.

Go Canada said:
Thanks Jignesh,

Well this is the same number I have been calling to know the status of my lost application (on its way back)... I reach the last stage where they ask me about my 8 digit number around 4-5 times and then say that they are transferring my call to the agent and I should not be rude etc then the bell rings and after waiting for about 30 seconds they say the agents are busy at this time and can't take my call and that Thursday's and Friday's are their least busy days... and then the call disconnects automatically...

This has exactly happened three times over... is this how it happens or I need to make amends somewhere?

Thanks... :)

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear All ,

What if Credit Card Charged or DD enchased by CIC & while on eligibility review file rejected or returned ?

Any Idea ?

Regards,

Mayank

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
I think they will inform the applicant about the decision and initiate a refund.

mayankpandya said:
Dear All ,

What if Credit Card Charged or DD enchased by CIC & while on eligibility review file rejected or returned ?

Any Idea ?

Regards,

Mayank

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mayankpandya said:
Dear All ,

Any Idea ?

Regards,

Mayank
Well what happens in theory is that you get your complete application returned with a covering letter explaining the reasons for rejection, stating that a refund will be initiated. The refund will not be included with the letter, expect this to follow some months later.

But what will happen under this new process is anybody's guess. Although CIC have said they have done eligibility reviews until at least the end of August, not one person has received and AOR, and not one person has received a rejection letter after they passed the completeness check.

So, until they do, really nobody knows for sure how it will happen.

Wayne.

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
A question:
If someone has applied for FSW1, app in process and in the meantime they got some other country's migration visa -will that affect the Canadian app anyway? I understand he needs to inform the updated status to CIO/VO (about new visa and migration) but would that negatively affect (they are still more interested in canada if its approved in future)?

khai

Aug 6, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
08-12-2010/17-03-2011
IELTS Request
GT IELTS request: January 21, 2011
File Transfer...
13-04-2011
Med's Request
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
24-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Coffee said:

I agree with this proposal. Question is, who will draft the letter?

I've been thinking on suggesting this myself. I feel like crying everytime i think about the 33 weeks thing..this is just so unfair.i hope they are not just saying this to shoo off inquiries. :(

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Coffee said:

Wayne,

I am thinking of your help in drafting the letter to the Minister for couple reasons of which main ones are your English (and you are English) and ability to share arguments in a structured and logical way. Of course provided we have your buy-in to this idea. Other members can then further share comments and we can send it out in a hope to clarify things with our applications, wait time and other factors.

I hope you do not find my request for help as rude or some sort of a burden that I do not want to volunteer myself. I really want to have our thoughts and concerns reflected in a proper way and then reacted upon. The way you have been sharing your arguments throughout this and other threads shows you was very clear and structured, and I hope with your help our shoot will be successful.

Dear members, shall we first draft a structure of our letter?

Jalna

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2010
AOR Received.
18/02/2011
Med's Request
12/04/2011
Med's Done....
03/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/06/2011
Finally I sent out all the documents to CIO today.
Please add me into the list.

NOC: 2121
VO: Sydney
Payment: CC

I sent incomplete police clearance because it only has name check not fingerprint.

Thanks.

Fingers crossed.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Jalna said:
Finally I sent out all the documents to CIO today.
Please add me into the list.

NOC: 2121
VO: Sydney
Payment: CC

I sent incomplete police clearance because it only has name check not fingerprint.

Thanks.

Fingers crossed.
@ Jalna
My NOC is also 2121. Filed application last week.
Fingers crossed too.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Coffee said:
Wayne,

I am thinking of your help in drafting the letter to the Minister for couple reasons of which main ones are your English (and you are English) and ability to share arguments in a structured and logical way. Of course provided we have your buy-in to this idea. Other members can then further share comments and we can send it out in a hope to clarify things with our applications, wait time and other factors.

I hope you do not find my request for help as rude or some sort of a burden that I do not want to volunteer myself. I really want to have our thoughts and concerns reflected in a proper way and then reacted upon. The way you have been sharing your arguments throughout this and other threads shows you was very clear and structured, and I hope with your help our shoot will be successful.

I am quite willing to help draft a letter, if we can lay out
a) What we want to say
b) What we're hoping to achieve from it

IMO it is unreasonable to think that anything we say will actually get them to speed things up, however a realistic goal might be for them to communicate things better on their web site or reply with better clarification other than just "33 weeks".

This is something we could look at collectively doing over the weekend?

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Coffee said:
Wayne,

Hi - yes I will certainly help strongly with the drafting of the letter. However, I would prefer to keep a certain anonymity so I'd prefer not to send the letter myself.

How about I draft a letter to begin with and post it here and people can see what they think? We can edit it as needed then.

Cheers,
Wayne.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Cappuccino said:
I am quite willing to help draft a letter, if we can lay out
a) What we want to say
b) What we're hoping to achieve from it

IMO it is unreasonable to think that anything we say will actually get them to speed things up, however a realistic goal might be for them to communicate things better on their web site or reply with better clarification other than just "33 weeks".

This is something we could look at collectively doing over the weekend?

Wayne.
thank you Wayne!

people, let's jot down our ideas on what we want. these will then be developed in the letter.

my points are same as Wayne's:

1. what is the timing under new rules (first AOR, when to VO, how long for b/ground, etc.)
1.1 why we are communicated 33 weeks
1.2 what is a purpose of these 33 weeks; and
1.3 how can this be linked to the OP 6

2. what are their plans to introduce regular and clear communication on the website
2.1 we are their clients and our relations are for consideration

regards,

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Looking at the timelines of when people have phoned CIC. We can see that up to around 19th/20th October (when the first cap list was published on CIC website) members were told that it would take about 10 weeks to get AOR.

Then the following week between 22nd and 28th October members were told 4 times (same member twice) that it will take 33 weeks, and one member was told the timelines had changed from 10 weeks to 33 weeks:

• faraz_fahimi on October 19 - Friend's agent said AOR usually issued about 10 weeks after encashment.
    canady on October 19 - told 2.5 months (basically 10 weeks) before hearing anything
  • Travel Dream on October 21 - said July + August apps were on the system, but his was 15th September so he'd have to wait another 2 weeks
  • Coffee on October 22nd - 33 weeks from now before I can hear anything
  • jignesh79 on October 21st - 33 weeks before you can hear anything from us
  • coffee October 28th - 33 weeks from date of receipt of application
  • mchowdhury October 28th - 33 weeks from date of receipt of application. mchowdhury was told the timeline used to be 10 weeks but now it is 33 weeks

So the question is, what has changed at CIC to shift the timescales so drammatically from 10 weeks to 33 weeks?

This is one of the things we'll want to ask when we draft our letter.
Wayne.