13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
Hi Indira:

I am actually becoming more positive about our time-line for getting our visas. Unfortunately this is due to what we have heard from a few applicants who got NERs. I hope all those who got a NER can appeal the decision or find a way to apply again immediately... best of luck!

But here is my point, we now know that a PER includes almost everything; complete employment review, and all the points in Selection and Admissibility, except medical and security check. I am beginning to think that the next time anyone of us will be contacted by our VOs, we will be told that our application has been received, to go do our medicals, and for those who have not submitted PCCs to do so right away... if all this is correct, we could possibly be just a few short months away from our visas.

Best,
Cam
I am not quite as optimistic as "a few short months" :) However, clearly CIO changed their tune in November and now firmly believe that post-June-26 applications will be finalised within 12 months of original receipt, because they now advise to include PCC - something with a 12 month expiry date.

If we're lucky we could be seeing medical requests March/April with visas July/August - but I suspect it may vary from visa office to visa office.

Wayne.

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
455000 pages.......200 days since the June 26 changes....that wud b about 2300 pages a day........
6500 applications........assuming 2 individuals per application.........$1100 per app......$7.2 million.....Another close to $7 million while granting the PR visa......

Employing 5-6 blokes @ $10 an hour for the scanning job.....1 min to scan a page......that wud b about $70k till date...............If that cud expedite the process I think it's a deal.......Hell they can charge $100 more per individual applicant (I m sure no one wud object it if that cud save 2-3 months).......Though I wud like to think that automated options are available in the market..........

And I seriously think that they would be keeping electronic backup of the docs........

My contention is not to attack you or challenge ur judgement........I was more tryin to portray CIC's situation and why would they give such replies......

Cheers !!!

Cappuccino said:
Ok, our application including all forms and contracts and supporting documents was over 70 pages. I know some people who had a lot more - but let's take ours as an average. CIC has over 6500 applications now for post-June-26 FSW1.

6500 x 70 pages = 455,000 - that's almost half a MILLION pages. Would you like to be the clerk in charge of manually scanning in half a million pages? :)

If they really wanted to be on the ball they'd have had electronic forms on the web in the first place so that none of the information need to be manually entered. I suspect that only the most important details are entered onto their computer system hence why they require the paper file before they can begin further processing.

I would like to think it won't take 2 months, but people who received PER in November are still being told that visa office do not yet have their paper file.

Wayne.

lifeisGoOD

Jan 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11,2010
AOR Received.
February 09, 2011
IELTS Request
incl. in submitted docs
File Transfer...
March 04, 2011
Med's Request
April 14, 2011
Med's Done....
May 23, 2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
July 20, 2011
Hi bkcnbr,

I tend to agree with Wayne's previous reply that 6 weeks from receipt of your application to your BD not being encashed in quite unusual (see spreadsheet). Just be patient and wait a few more weeks before you send an email to CIO. However, this might be futile since people have been complaining about not getting a reply from CIO or if they do then they just get a vague one. In the meantime, just be patient and keep on monitoring your bank for any activity in your BD.

My sibling is a Canadian citizen and the birth cert is needed as proof of my relationship with her. Having relatives in Canada will give you more points.

bkcnbr said:
Hi Life is good..

Thanks for your sharing...

I made the fee payment through Bank Draft. So far no news from my Bank. Do they reply about rejection/return of application if I make a query now? (6 weeks are over after my application is being recieved)

By the way,, why did you include your siblings birth certificate in the application. Are they staying in Canada, Do you gain points on this aspect?

Thank you

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
If we're lucky we could be seeing medical requests March/April with visas July/August - but I suspect it may vary from visa office to visa office.

Wayne.
That is what I meant by "a short few months" :) Actually your time-line is what I was thinking...
Let's see what happens, we all need to cool down... easy to say, I know.

One thing is certain, CIO is following a procedure, unknown to us. Before we received our PERs, we were outraged and thought they were doing nothing. Yet they surprised us and after the PERS arrived we found out A LOT has been done...

So now we are upset with the time it is taking for our applications to get to VO... Maybe soon they will surprise us again in a positive way, when they contact us next and we find out what they had been doing in the months after issuing the PERs.

Just a thought,
Cam

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
JasonBourne said:
455000 pages.......200 days since the June 26 changes....that wud b about 2300 pages a day........
6500 applications........assuming 2 individuals per application.........$1100 per app......$7.2 million.....Another close to $7 million while granting the PR visa......

Employing 5-6 blokes @ $10 an hour for the scanning job.....1 min to scan a page......that wud b about $70k till date...............If that cud expedite the process I think it's a deal.......Hell they can charge $100 more per individual applicant (I m sure no one wud object it if that cud save 2-3 months).......Though I wud like to think that automated options are available in the market..........

And I seriously think that they would be keeping electronic backup of the docs........

My contention is not to attack you or challenge ur judgement........I was more tryin to portray CIC's situation and why would they give such replies......

Cheers !!!
Well if they were going to improve the system IMO they could do a better job of it than employing some bloke to scan in their documents.

Here's how it should work (posted this idea ages ago so apologies for the repeat for anyone reading it before!):

- First you make a payment online with your credit card etc for the correct amount using your email address as unique user name. Before completing the payment there is email authentication where they send you an email and you respond. This way they know you have entered your email address correctly and that you are a genuine person. From this moment on this is your unique identifier. They could also give you their own unique number if it makes it easier for them.

- Then you use an online application service, and fill in all the information in online forms. There is an option to print out the forms after you've filled them in.

- You print out the forms, attached your supporting documents, and mail this off to CIO in Sydney

- When they receive your application all your details are already ON their system. The day it arrives they check up from the unique ID and flag your application as "received". An email it automatically sent out confirming receipt.

- After the completeness check they flag your file as "Completeness check complete" and once again an email is automatically sent out.

- Once the eligibility review has begun there is no need to manually enter all your details since you did this right at the start, just double check. Once the review is complete the application is marked "Review complete" and you are notified automatically by email of the decision.

- File is sent to visa office. As soon as it is received your status is changed to "Received by visa office" and an email is automatically sent out. From this point on the application status more or less takes the form of the existing system.

A separate staging database can be used to people to check their status online. Replication is set up so that the "live" system copies across to the staging database each night and this is then exposed to the web for people to check their statuses. I can appreciate why, for performance and security reasons, they cannot all users via a web-site to have access to their live data.

This kind of automated system should be the backbone really. Instead all we currently have is an ECAS system which is horribly inaccurate and relies on manual updates.

Sure, they will still have to have a manual system in place for those people who do not have regular Internet access, but IMO a fully web-based system should be there for 99% of the applicants.

Real-time status updates and a lot less work for CIO once it's all implemented.

It's win/win, why are they so behind the times?

Wayne.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear all,

I need general draft of Bank certification. I contacted my bank but they told me that they do not have any particular draft on it. Please let me know & post bank certification draft as soon as possible.

Waiting for early reply...

Regards,
Mayank

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
mayankpandya said:
Dear all,

I need general draft of Bank certification. I contacted my bank but they told me that they do not have any particular draft on it. Please let me know & post bank certification draft as soon as possible.

Waiting for early reply...

Regards,
Mayank
Erm, I am afraid I don't really know what you are talking about?

Have you send an application with a bank draft, and wish to know if it has been cashed or not? Or are you trying to get a bank certificate to prove the level of funding your bank account has for proof of funds?

Please explain more clearly what you need advice on so we can help you.

Best wishes,
Wayne.

B

bkcnbr

lifeisGoOD said:
Hi bkcnbr,

I tend to agree with Wayne's previous reply that 6 weeks from receipt of your application to your BD not being encashed in quite unusual (see spreadsheet).
Thank you dear.. I have already send a detailed letter to the Bank manager asking for the status of my DD. Till now I was enquiring with a staff whom I know personaly. If I get a negative reply that my DD is still not cleared, I prefer sending CIO a query about the status of my application-Just to make sure whether it is returned/rejected.

I beleive they intimate the applicant about the rejection/return of application only when he/she enquire about the same.

Thanks

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear thanks for reply.

I am trying to get a bank certificate to prove the level of funding your bank account has for proof of funds?

Please post the general draft of it.

Need soon...

Mayank

Cappuccino said:
Erm, I am afraid I don't really know what you are talking about?

Have you send an application with a bank draft, and wish to know if it has been cashed or not? Or are you trying to get a bank certificate to prove the level of funding your bank account has for proof of funds?

Please explain more clearly what you need advice on so we can help you.

Best wishes,
Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
mayankpandya said:
Dear thanks for reply.

I am trying to get a bank certificate to prove the level of funding your bank account has for proof of funds?

Please post the general draft of it.

Need soon...

Mayank
If you want to prove the level of funding in your bank, ideally you will get the bank to issue you a bank certificate confirming the funding you have.

Additionally, CIO/CHC will want to see bank statements for at least the last 3 months to show you have had the money in your account for that time and have not just borrowed it from someone for purposes of emmigrating.

If your bank will not issue a certificate (which seems unusual) then ask for the last 3 months statements to be issued and send those. Generally visa office will ask later on in the process if they require additional proof, the important thing right now is to be able to show CIO that the funds are there.

Wayne.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since they have replied you, I am not sure if you may ask how do they send it and how much time it is expected to reach Delhi VO

Bindu said:
I had sent a similar query to ND VO ten days back but still got no reply, I had cc'd FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca in the mail and they were kind enough to send me the below reply

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:37:08 -0400
Subject: RE: xxxxxxxx Furthur Porcess Query

Good Morning,

Your file was sent to the visa office in New Delhi for final determination. As your file is no longer in our office we can supply no further updates or take action on your file. Please contact the visa office in New Delhi with any further inquiries.

Thank you.

D.A.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Wayne,

I want the Draft letter to get the Bank Balance letter from Bank . As i went to my Bank but they told me that they have not special draft for it.

so i am looking for drafting / sample letter which i can use & take all details as per CIO requirements.

Hope you understand it. Please post sample language....

Thanks
Mayank

Cappuccino said:
If you want to prove the level of funding in your bank, ideally you will get the bank to issue you a bank certificate confirming the funding you have.

Additionally, CIO/CHC will want to see bank statements for at least the last 3 months to show you have had the money in your account for that time and have not just borrowed it from someone for purposes of emmigrating.

If your bank will not issue a certificate (which seems unusual) then ask for the last 3 months statements to be issued and send those. Generally visa office will ask later on in the process if they require additional proof, the important thing right now is to be able to show CIO that the funds are there.

Wayne.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Awesome Naija Pikin. That had me guffawing like a fool. However, after having read your thoroughly researched news flash, I decided to do a little research for myself; AND I got a picture of the courier who is transferring our applications.Now we know who to look out for.

On another note, it is great to hear that the ND VO have corrected their reply, puts everyone, irrespective of VO, at ease.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
mayankpandya said:
Dear Wayne,

I want the Draft letter to get the Bank Balance letter from Bank . As i went to my Bank but they told me that they have not special draft for it.

so i am looking for drafting / sample letter which i can use & take all details as per CIO requirements.

Hope you understand it. Please post sample language....

Thanks
Mayank
If you are talking about writing your own letter and getting the bank to sign it that's a bad idea imo.

Do you have bank statements for your account? The best thing to do is to simply include at least 3 months bank statements as proof of funds with your initial application. If CIO or visa office require extra proof later on they will ask for it.

Although I find it strange that a bank will not issue a letter for one of their customers stating how much is in the bank account?

Wayne.

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
In our case they dont want to show it as "Received by visa office"..........lengthening (or rather showing it) the process at each stage so that backlog is taken care of........at the same not frightening the new applicants by completely ignoring them..........

It's a govt entity so most efficient and effective processes are not likely to be implemented :)

Cheers !!!
Gilberto De Piento

Cappuccino said:
Well if they were going to improve the system IMO they could do a better job of it than employing some bloke to scan in their documents.

Here's how it should work (posted this idea ages ago so apologies for the repeat for anyone reading it before!):

- File is sent to visa office. As soon as it is received your status is changed to "Received by visa office" and an email is automatically sent out. From this point on the application status more or less takes the form of the existing system.

Real-time status updates and a lot less work for CIO once it's all implemented.

It's win/win, why are they so behind the times?

Wayne.