13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
pun123 said:
This also possible that files have been received but have no priority for VO at this moment. It may be in some cooling zone. Once they have good amount of post 26 June application they would depute the resources.

Or they may want to finish the April / May/ June first before getting into the process of post 26 June.

Our PER only came after the May / June applicant.

The above are just my thoughts.
Whilst this may be true, they can't simply put in us a queue behind May/June applicants, because our applications are at a different stage in the process.

Even after they have gathered and submitted their documents to VO, May/June applications will have to have a final eligibility review and selection/admissability to count how many points etc. Our applications have already been through this process.

My best guess is that they will place us in the queue for security / background checks behind any pre-June-26 applicants who have already got to this stage.

Please also remember that they have had several months of no new FSW1 applications, which will have enabled them to at least partly catch up with the backlog of April/May/June applications.

Wayne.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Cappuccino said:
I mean no offence but it was very obviously a joke, most of us found it quite amusing.
This process is stressful enough we need a joke or two to help us smile our way through it :)

Wayne.
Thanks Wayne, for helping me out. We really need to ease off this tension, some of us are really, grrrrrrr! NOW!

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
architect_100 said:
Realy nice one , +1 from me already added :p
SNAIL EXPRESS SERVICE, CAMEL DONKEYRIDER it's all creative and matching :D
THANKS, AND GOOD LUCK

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
what is the defference between PER and Positive final determination

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
I had sent a similar query to ND VO ten days back but still got no reply, I had cc'd FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca in the mail and they were kind enough to send me the below reply

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:37:08 -0400
Subject: RE: xxxxxxxx Furthur Porcess Query

Good Morning,

Your file was sent to the visa office in New Delhi for final determination. As your file is no longer in our office we can supply no further updates or take action on your file. Please contact the visa office in New Delhi with any further inquiries.

Thank you.

D.A.

pun123 said:
I received the reply

Delhi VO says we will contact you for the next course of action, seems the process is not very clear at this moment. We need to wait till file arrives ND

Below is the message
------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please ignore our previous message dated xx-01-2011. Your file is presently in-transit and once Delhi office receives your application from our Sydney office, we will contact you for the next course of action.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Naija Pikin said:
Thanks Wayne, for helping me out. We really need to ease off this tension, some of us are really, grrrrrrr! NOW!

Sorry! :-[

I just took it a real and very bad news. The tension has increased these days. Especially with this "by the end of the year". I would go really crazy. We really hope to land the end of summer - mid autumn, not later.

Really sorry for my "grrrr"and thank you for a pinch of humor ;D

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear all,

I need general draft of Bank certification. I contacted my bank but they told me that they do not have any particular draft on it. Please let me know & post bank certification draft as soon as possible.

Waiting for early reply...

Regards,
Mayank

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Cur-Rozen said:

I just took it a real and very bad news. The tension has increased these days. Especially with this "by the end of the year". I would go really crazy. We really hope to land the end of summer - mid autumn, not later.

You are welcome!. Have fun while we wait, everything is gonna be okay!

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
I seriously doubt the 'in-transit' updates/replies......even if it is SHIPped it won't take 2 months.....I think CIC (and VOs in tandem) are focussed on clearing their backlog.....if they really want to expedite the process they can electronically fwd (yes -- I dont see any risk.....If Assange can obtain CIA cables, he can very well get to CIC) the scanned copies of the original application docs to the respective VOs to initiate the next stage (and simultaneously mailing the original application -- that wud jus b for the VO officials to get a feel of the original docs)

and yes SNAILMAIL INC post was creative and funny

Cappuccino said:
Lol :)

Actually, the applications get sent to Ottawa where a diplomatic courier will transport the applications to their destination visa office. The diplomatic courier has (literally) diplomatic immunity whilst transporting these documents and cannot be detained or arrested until the documents are delivered.

Since there can be no delay at customs it should in theory be FASTER than a courier or postal service. But it just depends how CIO are doing it. If they wait until they have several hundred applications before sending them in bulk to the visa office there could be significant delays for the applicants at the start of the batch.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
JasonBourne said:
I seriously doubt the 'in-transit' updates/replies......even if it is SHIPped it won't take 2 months.....I think CIC (and VOs in tandem) are focussed on clearing their backlog.....if they really want to expedite the process they can electronically fwd (yes -- I dont see any risk.....If Assange can obtain CIA cables, he can very well get to CIC) the scanned copies of the original application docs to the respective VOs to initiate the next stage (and simultaneously mailing the original application -- that wud jus b for the VO officials to get a feel of the original docs)

and yes SNAILMAIL INC post was creative and funny
Ok, our application including all forms and contracts and supporting documents was over 70 pages. I know some people who had a lot more - but let's take ours as an average. CIC has over 6500 applications now for post-June-26 FSW1.

6500 x 70 pages = 455,000 - that's almost half a MILLION pages. Would you like to be the clerk in charge of manually scanning in half a million pages? :)

If they really wanted to be on the ball they'd have had electronic forms on the web in the first place so that none of the information need to be manually entered. I suspect that only the most important details are entered onto their computer system hence why they require the paper file before they can begin further processing.

I would like to think it won't take 2 months, but people who received PER in November are still being told that visa office do not yet have their paper file.

Wayne.

CalVdS

Jan 18, 2011
Antwerp
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
AOR Received.
No second AOR received
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
07-07-2011
Med's Request
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2011
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
Do I have to read all 700+ pages to see an overview? How can I consult the spreadsheet people write about?
Anyway: here is my info:
Regional Visa office: Paris, France
NOC: 0643
dossier received by CIO Sydney, NS on 20-10-2010
returned because I used the old checklist on 08-11-2010
resubmitted with additional documents
dossier received by CIO on 23-11-2010
processing fee paid via VISA on 24-11-2010

since then....nothing. So here is my obvious question: How long on average before receiving AOR?
Kris

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Cur-Rozen said:

Well alas here is the unknown quantity at the moment. Most visa offices for pre-June-26 were 10 to 13 months to issue visa from when visa office received the documents.

Since post-June-26 already have the final eligibility review and selection/admissability with the points calculation done, CIO have already done a lot of the work formerly done by the visa office and hence I believe our applications will spend less time at the visa office before a decision is made.

If we think maybe half the time, then we're looking at around 6 months at the visa office. So for November/December PERs, the paper files should arrive at visa office January, February at the latest. So for those I am guessing we're looking at visas issued around July/August time for straight forward cases.

So landing in August is still possible, I think, but just don't count on it! :)

This is just my guesswork, of course, since we don't have any other information.

Wayne.

B

bkcnbr

lifeisGoOD said:
Dear bkcnbr and ann-jay:

Your situation might be the same as mine. If you look at my spreadsheet details, it says there that CIO received my application on Oct 11, 2010. I actually first sent my application on August 08, 2010. From then on I have constantly monitored my credit card activity online since this will be my indication that CIO is processing my papers. I have waited almost 2 months with no word from CIO and on October 03, 2010, I got my complete application back (boohoo!) with a letter saying that I lack a few more documents. They were pretty clear on what they need from me (they gave me a list of the missing documents). It was actually my fault since I failed to include the birth cert of my sibling and so on October 08, 2010 I sent to CIO once again the complete application form with the documents they requested from me. I even sent back a copy of the letter they sent me just to make sure that the documents I have added are the only ones they requested. On October 11, 2010 they received my package and on October 20, my credit card was charged.

I really hope that you are not in the same situation because if they give you back your application due to incomplete docs then it only means that you have to go back to zero in terms of your timeline. However, if it is the same case, then you just have to stay focused and positive, and just give them whatever else they need from you. This is way better than getting an NER right?

I hope my experience sheds some light to what you're going through.

IMPORTANT ADVICE TO ALL WHO HAVE USED THEIR CREDIT CARD AS PAYMENT:
I have read in one of the forums here that some applications are being sent back by CIO because the credit card is declined. What I did in my case was to call my bank and informed them that I have authorized a transaction in the amount of $xxxx.xx to be made by CIO for the months of XXXXXX up to XXXXXXX ( i think i gave the bank a 6-month window just in case). The risk of using credit card is when your bank (for security purposes) puts the transaction on hold until they verify from the account holder if the transaction is a valid one.Hence, I gave strict instructions to my bank NOT to decline the transaction.

Again, hope this helps anybody in this forum :)
Hi Life is good..

Thanks for your sharing...

I made the fee payment through Bank Draft. So far no news from my Bank. Do they reply about rejection/return of application if I make a query now? (6 weeks are over after my application is being recieved)

By the way,, why did you include your siblings birth certificate in the application. Are they staying in Canada, Do you gain points on this aspect?

Thank you

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
lifeisGoOD said:
IMPORTANT ADVICE TO ALL WHO HAVE USED THEIR CREDIT CARD AS PAYMENT:
I have read in one of the forums here that some applications are being sent back by CIO because the credit card is declined. What I did in my case was to call my bank and informed them that I have authorized a transaction in the amount of $xxxx.xx to be made by CIO for the months of XXXXXX up to XXXXXXX ( i think i gave the bank a 6-month window just in case). The risk of using credit card is when your bank (for security purposes) puts the transaction on hold until they verify from the account holder if the transaction is a valid one.Hence, I gave strict instructions to my bank NOT to decline the transaction.

Again, hope this helps anybody in this forum :)

Many banks use fully automated security software. This means that even if you explicitly tell them to expect a transaction their automated software may still refuse it when it sees the transaction source is from another country.

Therefore I would very strongly advise people to pay using banker's draft where at all possible.

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

indira_prab said:
But why does it take more than 2 months for the applications to arrive @ the VOs? In transit or swimming :p :p :p?

Indira Prabhakaran.
Hi Indira:

I am actually becoming more positive about our time-line for getting our visas. Unfortunately this is due to what we have heard from a few applicants who got NERs. I hope all those who got a NER can appeal the decision or find a way to apply again immediately... best of luck!

But here is my point, we now know that a PER includes almost everything; complete employment review, and all the points in Selection and Admissibility, except medical and security check. I am beginning to think that the next time anyone of us will be contacted by our VOs, we will be told that our application has been received, to go do our medicals, and for those who have not submitted PCCs to do so right away... if all this is correct, we could possibly be just a few short months away from our visas.

Best,
Cam