13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Re: A Word About the Nurse Cap on Marc Laforce's BLOG

Advance123 said:
I find it rather odd that people who are themselves seeking immigration have suddenly turned into immigration experts.
As useful as this forum is, no one is an expert. It is true that you can succeed with your application by doing it yourself. That is not to decountenance the myriads of applicants who have successfuly applied through lawyers and consultants.
You should realise that everybody does not have the time to monitor or follow up on applications because of work responsibilities etc and there are people out there who can afford the luxury of employing someone.
All our advise and suggestions is only as good as the successful outcome of our applications so lets stop feeding people advise on whether they should employ someone or not. Let them go with their instincts but they should research before retaining.
This is not to ignore the fact that there are charlatans out there who call themselves lawyers or consultants.
If serious complications spring up along the process then we may begin to appreciate the use of someone who can represent us.
I sincerely hope that won't be the case and that we all make it without any hitch, lawyer, consultant or not.
Hi,

I wasn't trying to persuade anyone to hire or not hire a lawyer, that is a decision they can make themselves. I was merely sharing my experiences in order to help people make an informed decision.

I have never claimed to be an expert, but it has and probably always will annoy me when lawyers/consultants state things which are blatantly wrong.

I strongly believe that for the vast majority of applicants hiring a lawyer/consultant is a vast, unnecessary expense and in some cases a burden, and since it was on topic with cam's response to the lawyer that posted here I figured I would add my opinion.

Wayne.

varismart

Star Member
Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JUNE 12
Congrats Bhavik.. you have crossed the first step.. wow.

bhavikcpatel said:
Credit card A/c got debited by amt $1250 on 11/1/11.

pls update my detail in excel sheet

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
Dr.Hasib said:
yup, he(M. Krszwda)was the one who received mine...pronouncing his name gave me a toothach though i am a Dentist :eek:

regards,
Dr.Hasib
Hi there!

...gave me a sore throat as well. ;D

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
katyspring said:

Hi there!

Sorry, I really didn't know he was that lucky! :D :D:
He will be considered lucky only if we (applicants whose applications were received by him) get our PER timely. otherwise he will simply lose his tooth ;D

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08

Cappuccino said:
Hi,

I wasn't trying to persuade anyone to hire or not hire a lawyer, that is a decision they can make themselves. I was merely sharing my experiences in order to help people make an informed decision.

I have never claimed to be an expert, but it has and probably always will annoy me when lawyers/consultants state things which are blatantly wrong.

I strongly believe that for the vast majority of applicants hiring a lawyer/consultant is a vast, unnecessary expense and in some cases a burden, and since it was on topic with cam's response to the lawyer that posted here I figured I would add my opinion.

Wayne.
This is what makes forums exciting. As much as you have had a bad experience with lawyers, this has not been the case with me. I have always applied by myself when it came to immigration matters until some years back, I did not appeal a particular decision and it almost cost me my immigration to the UK. This was due to lack of information about certain appeals that only lawyers knew about. Having a lawywer then would have saved me all the grief. Mind you, I have been to the US, Canada and many other countries and all the applications were done by myself but I would be the last person to even suggest that someone else should do it by themselves.
I remember MOeGbenga's issueof whether to print new forms or not. In my experience, I simply refilled the old forms and I got my visa within days. I'm sure if he had a lawyer, they would have advised him to do the same and he wouldn't have had the problem of listening to conflicting advise from non experts. i appreciate the effort you put into advising people here but do not stick your neck out so that no one blames you for their failures. Remember that each application is unique and we don't know what complications each person is dealing with. i am using a lawyer and I can say they have been very efficient and it gives me peace of mind to carry on with my life. This is why you don't see me on this forum everyday monitoring discussions. it creates unnecessary anxiety. I read the blog guys piece and some of what he said was right. Many nurses will by now be collecting their details and once or if the profession is opened in july, it would be filled within days. This I assume is what he meant by stockpiling. The CIC is not as critical as you might think. Only in exceptional cases do they refuse visas but as long as you meet minimum requirements, you are in.

L

ladykiller

Advance123 said:
This is what makes forums exciting. As much as you have had a bad experience with lawyers, this has not been the case with me. I have always applied by myself when it came to immigration matters until some years back, I did not appeal a particular decision and it almost cost me my immigration to the UK. This was due to lack of information about certain appeals that only lawyers knew about. Having a lawywer then would have saved me all the grief. Mind you, I have been to the US, Canada and many other countries and all the applications were done by myself but I would be the last person to even suggest that someone else should do it by themselves.
I remember MOeGbenga's issueof whether to print new forms or not. In my experience, I simply refilled the old forms and I got my visa within days. I'm sure if he had a lawyer, they would have advised him to do the same and he wouldn't have had the problem of listening to conflicting advise from non experts. i appreciate the effort you put into advising people here but do not stick your neck out so that no one blames you for their failures. Remember that each application is unique and we don't know what complications each person is dealing with. i am using a lawyer and I can say they have been very efficient and it gives me peace of mind to carry on with my life. This is why you don't see me on this forum everyday monitoring discussions. it creates unnecessary anxiety. I read the blog guys piece and some of what he said was right. Many nurses will by now be collecting their details and once or if the profession is opened in july, it would be filled within days. This I assume is what he meant by stockpiling. The CIC is not as critical as you might think. Only in exceptional cases do they refuse visas but as long as you meet minimum requirements, you are in.
agreed but they cost too much..i prefer to apply by myself and that is the reason why i am a member of this forum.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012

Advance123 said:
I am with wayne...Immigration lawyers are deceiving and complete waste of our valuable money and time.

Canada 1

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
Med's Request
04-25-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-29-2013
Immigration to Canada is a easy process if you read the instructions carefully.

My friend and I did hire a lawyer to start our application at the same time. Once I became member of this forum, I decided to file my application myself…thanks to the experience shared by the members of this group.

I was able to collect all documents in time where as my friend went with the lawyer and his application was late for the cap (NOC 1122).

In all if a person can clear IELTS he/she can file for their application themselves. This is what I think.

What to do you think guys ?

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
[quote 7215 Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades 53
7216 Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades 146

7265 Welders and Related Machine Operators 25
*The number of complete Federal Skilled Worker applications received as of January 10, is approximate

[/quote]

Dear forum members and specially active understanding colleagues,
I would like to know the job position of two noc numbers listed as to update a relative and a friend if he or she qualifies for immigration before it closes in 6 months. NOC 7216 could be a mechanical engineer working in automobile car company ? The other NOC would be 7265, is it optimum to say a production engineer who has a training certificate in welding and currently working in a petroleum company as an inspection engineer and part of his duties is to weld pipes as a core of his duty bearing in mind there is no section in engineering called, welding but he could be a mechanic or production engineer. This is according to my understanding for such kind of job descriptions which are neither my fields :)

mpatel6

Dec 29, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
PER - 1st Feb'11, 2nd AOR - waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Waiting
Hello Friends,

An new entry in PER received list???? is CIO working today or not??

Thanks
Milan

MSM-2332

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2010
AOR Received.
PER: 11-01-2011, AOR: 13-05-2011
Yes, it is working. Turn me blue. What a relief!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Gone celebrating!!!

marfar

Jan 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
dear Canada 1,i totally agree with you,let me tell my experience about some

"lawyers",it was early august i decided to send my application as soon as

possible ,i talked about my situation to him and he said every thing is fine

and you should only provide your IELTS ,passport,and forms,thank GOD

that my husband didn't agree to hire a lawyer so he tried to search the

site to be sure every thing is OK fortunately we found out supporting doc

should send with forms as well,interesting part was that the lawyer claimed

he is always update but he wasn't aware of post June 26... :eek:

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
MSM-2332 said:
Yes, it is working. Turn me blue. What a relief!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Gone celebrating!!!
Congrats! I have amended the spreadsheet.
Wayne.

mpatel6

Dec 29, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010