VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Thanks Anil Bhaiya for this update.

anil04_10 said:
Dear Friends

Please check this
.... Immigration Authorities have recently updated the Proof of Funds requirement..... Will affect by few hundred dollars

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Cheers, Anil

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada’s Jason Kenney on immigration priorities for 2011

Posted on December 21, 2010 by oe_admin

Jason Kenney, Canada’s minister of citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism, was interviewed recently by the online magazine Canadian Immigrant to discuss the federal government’s immigration and settlement policy priorities for 2011. Here are some highlights of the interview.

MINISTER KENNEY ON HIS TOP PRIORITIES FOR 2011

CI: What are Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s top priorities for the new year?

JK: Our top priority is continuing to improve economic results for immigrants in Canada. That really is the focus of most of what we do. A second priority is to continue to improve the integrity of our immigration system, which includes a crackdown on human smuggling, fraudulent marriages and crooked consultants.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE INVESTOR PROGRAM

CI: What is the rationale behind doubling the required investment for the immigrant investor program? Won’t this affect Canada’s competitiveness in relation to other countries’ immigrant investor programs?

JK: The main reason we doubled the required investment (to $800,000) and asset level (to $1,600,000) was because Canada was massively underselling itself compared to its competitors in this immigration product. The United States and Australia both essentially have million-dollar price points. The United Kingdom has a price point of a million pound sterling. We were offering people the lowest price point at $400,000 for the best advantage, which is immediate permanent residency in Canada, which is also a track to the easiest citizenship process in the developed world … Many people in China, in Hong Kong and India have said to me that the price point is still too low.

They’ve said that it’s so easy for modestly wealthy people in Asia and the Middle East to qualify for the program and that we won’t see any reduction in demand for the Canadian program. It may reduce, very marginally, the demand, but the demand is still excessive in terms of our ability to process applications.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE ECONOMIC PROGRESS OF NEWCOMERS

JK: I can tell you that we recently released a new study that assesses the economic progress of immigrants selected under the current points grid that was adopted in 2002 … It indicates that there has been a huge improvement of employment and income for skilled workers.

The new study indicates that within three years newly selected federal skilled workers are generating, on average, $80,000 in household income, which is very strong. We also have launched consultations on further changes to the points grid for the skilled worker program, which we hope will further improve economic outcomes for newcomers.

Also, since 2006, our government tripled the federal investment in settlement and integration services to help people improve their language proficiency and their job search skills. All of the data indicates that the number one barrier to employment for foreign-trained professionals is language proficiency and that’s why we put such a heavy emphasis on it. We are trying to find more and better ways to get newcomers, who need to upgrade their language skills, to enrol in free [language] programs.

MINISTER KENNEY ON FOREIGN CREDENTIAL RECOGNITION

CI: Are there any new developments with regards to foreign credential recognition?

JK: We have been doing a lot of work with the provinces and the more than 400 professional licensing bodies to streamline and simplify the process of credential recognition for foreign-trained professionals. A year ago, we launched the Canadian Framework for Foreign Credential Recognition, which was based on an agreement between the 10 premiers and Prime Minister Harper.

We have identified, in the first year, nine professional categories where we aim to hammer out a streamlined faster simplified process [for credential recognition]. We’ve put in $50 million into funding that hard technical work between the provincial licensing bodies. We are making huge progress on it and we will meet our objective of giving applicants an answer within a year of their application for those nine professional categories … So progress is being made.

I know it will never be satisfactory for a foreign-trained professional who shows up and hopes to be working as a licensed practitioner immediately. That’s not realistic. It does take time. We can’t guarantee people that their foreign credentials will be recognized in Canada. But we should guarantee them a reasonably simple and efficient process and that’s where we are making progress with the provinces.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Amro Elsayed said:
Thumps up for this brother and have a good sleep i enjoyed talking to you Today

Amro
Dear Amro..
I tried to send you PM yesterday but it failed. I could send another one today. Pls check your inbox

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
I have Just received my PCC from Karachi Pakistan, the Police make one mistake, in my wife's PCC they put that she is living at the mentioned address since 2001 whereas we actually married in 2004 and since then she was residing with me at the mentioned adress of Karachi until we move to other country, offcourse earlier she was living with her parents which is also in the same Distrcit of Karachi.

So guys, will this create any problem, Shall I write any explanation? if Yes, then give some sugessions, or Shall I just submit it without any explanation? and if CIC require clarification let them ask.
(The biggest prolem is currently I reside outside Paksitan and got these PCCs with a lot of difuculty money and time cannot experience the nightmare of amending these again)

Your Input is welcome.

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
canady said:
Dear Amro..
I tried to send you PM yesterday but it failed. I could send another one today. Pls check your inbox
Thanks bro I just see it and reply to it

Just wanna say good day today I hope we have more PER

Which makes every body happy

A
Ro

fma

Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed on 7th Oct 2010
dear humsafar

what is in ur wife's passport address if it is written her parents addresss then she will get pcc on that particular address only if it is urs house address then she will get it on urs address...that's things work in india.... i dont know about pakistan........but for CIC pcc should be on the address she is resigind....

FMA

complacent

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
Doc's Request.
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
Hey Guys

Congratulations to those who got their lovely PER :) :) :)

complacent

Anjoshi

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

How many weeks does CIC takes to encash DD???

fma

Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed on 7th Oct 2010
ashokrenwa said:
Kudos to Anil, Indira, Wayne, Cam, Wenstumpd Pippin and many more to give their precious time to all of us..
all you guys are doing an amazing job after your jobs.. hats off to all

FMA thanks a million to start this forum..you can guide us to victory in this war of waiting,,,from Canada..
Amazing that you still are active in the forum and intend to help..

aSHOK....[/size][/color]
Dear Ashok
Nice and encouraging post dear to end the year..... U are most welcome to post any questions.. we all r here to help each other...I am really happy that this thread is serving cause.........THANKS FOR UR COMPLIMENTS

cheers
FMA

SatishMan

Star Member
Dec 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application ( Notarized Copy ), IELTS & PCC origional
AOR Received.
25-11-10 ( PER ) 2nd AOR 25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
6 June 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 Sept 2011
Dear all helpfull members

Wish you all Merry Christmas, and I will pray to God that you will get ur PER as a christmas gift.....

My best wish for all who get PER and who are going to get it now.........

Thanks for creating such a kind and helpfull forum and to release us from some Cheaters......

Thanks Again

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
To All My Dear Friends in the forum;

I would like to grab the opportunity here and Wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year!
I hope your moments will be brimming with health,happiness and success wherever you are and whatever you do.
:-*

And Finally ;
Best of Luck To All of You with your Immigration Process.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
fma said:
dear humsafar

what is in ur wife's passport address if it is written her parents addresss then she will get pcc on that particular address only if it is urs house address then she will get it on urs address...that's things work in india.... i dont know about pakistan........but for CIC pcc should be on the address she is resigind....

FMA
Dear FMA,
We do not have home addres mentioned in our passport, it is mention in ID cards, which states my address. as her id card is changed because of change in sir name. and we are submitting the original as well as translated id cards with applciation. but id card does not state since when a preson is living at mentioned address.

Logically CIC should not be concerned about adress until it is in same city, as the PCC covers the verification in repsect of whole city not only one area or locality. this is what my logic says, may be there are more opinion, please share guys.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
People, not sure if this was circulated already in this thread.

On November 30th 2010, Federal Skilled Workers - Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia has established a new Client Service Unit (CSU) to answer your case-specific inquiries.

The Client Service unit (CSU) has launched a new online form which applicants should now use to make case-specific inquires. This new online form can be accessed through Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website by clicking the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/csu.asp

If you submitted your application within the last six (6) weeks, the CSU will not respond to your enquiry . You must ensure at least six (6) weeks have passed since you submitted BEFORE contacting the CSU.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
indira_prab said:
People, not sure if this was circulated already in this thread.

On November 30th 2010, Federal Skilled Workers - Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia has established a new Client Service Unit (CSU) to answer your case-specific inquiries.

The Client Service unit (CSU) has launched a new online form which applicants should now use to make case-specific inquires. This new online form can be accessed through Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website by clicking the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/csu.asp

If you submitted your application within the last six (6) weeks, the CSU will not respond to your enquiry . You must ensure at least six (6) weeks have passed since you submitted BEFORE contacting the CSU.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
thanks for the info...+1 from me

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
thanks for the info...+1 from me
Hasib, do you think we should send out a email through this one to know our status? I bet they will not say the 33 weeks thing :). May be we'll hear in process or something. But we can ensure the applications are not lost or misplaced somewhere ???, and that they are in the right queue.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.