+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

D

drgladiator

Thanks Pippin & avi
u mean, now i need to send To New deLHI VO only PCC if required? And i need not send again my /spouse's work exp reference letter,bank certificates, original university sealed transcripts to New Delhi VO???

Pippin said:
Unless things have changed a lot since I spoke with Call Centre CIO in July, you send everything to CIO (except PCC now) in the format requested in CIO Checklist and VO Specific Checklist. The word COPY refers to a copy of each checklist, not the documents listed in them. Your package will be sent to VO by CIO if it qualifies. After it is further checked by VO you will be requested to send PCC, Medicals, RPRF and PP. Seniors, please correct me if this no longer applies.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
fma said:
I do agree with u , may be it is different from visa office to visa office. but over all it should be cash or term deposit.

fma
Personally I don't understand why all VO don't accept property as proof of funds at the application stage. With bank funds, you can actually spend your funds the moment you send the statements off (I think CIC or VO can ask for further proof throughout the process), whereas a house is fixed and not going to be going anywhere, so you are far more likely to have those funds secured for your entire application process.

Understandably currencies fluctuate as do house prices. But we need to prove $13,801 for our application, we stated on the form we'll have $15,000 available and we've proven over $30,000 equity in our house giving us some breathing room if house prices move, and also some funds to cover moving.

Since we used spare bank funds to pay off credit cards so we had no debts (accept the mortgage) all our funds are tied up in the house, and I don't think it's reasonable for CIC to expect us to sell our house and live in temporary accomodation for 8 to 12 months before we even know if we will get a VISA or not. Having said that we are saving bank funds again now so if we're asked to provide further proof of how we will fund the remainder of our application (I heard from one London applicant who was asked to do this) then we will be able to do that.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
drgladiator said:
Thanks Pippin & avi
u mean, now i need to send To New deLHI VO only PCC if required? And i need not send again my /spouse's work exp reference letter,bank certificates, original university sealed transcripts to New Delhi VO???
Around 20th August CIC changed their website to state the PCC wasn't required at the application phase and that Visa Office would request this during processing. However, our Visa Office was London and their checklist when we mailed our application on 23rd August still explicitly asked for the PCC certificates, so since we had already paid to get them we sent them with our original application.

On 30th August (ironically the day our application was received by CIC) London issued an updated checklist, asking not to send the PCC until requested (too late for us of course).

The police certificates are valid for a year (although they must be no older than 3 months old when they are sent) so we're hoping that they will be acceptable. If they are not, then it's a relatively small cost and delay to get fresh ones if requested by VO.

For sure I would include them unless your visa office has amended their checklist to say they are not required at application stage, since they cannot fail you for including something that is not required, but they can fail you at VO for failing to include something which is.

Wayne.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Hi fma! Please update my status as my application has just been received at the CIO:

ammaartahir
NOC-7216
VO: LOndon, UK
Date of Application Received: Sep 02, 2010

btw my application has been rec by one G.Miller; has anyone else's application received by the same person??

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
ammaartahir said:
Hi fma! Please update my status as my application has just been received at the CIO:

ammaartahir
NOC-7216

btw my application has been rec by one G.Miller; has anyone else's application received by the same person??
Ours was received by "Paul", shame we didn't get a surname because then we could at least corelate with other people to convince ourselves it had actually gone to the correct place!
Hmm, quite a few people on the Britishexpats forum say they had their application received by "Glen".

Wonder if it's the same person? Glen Miller... I wonder if he plays his trumpet when the application arrives? :)

Wayne.

naviii123

Aug 23, 2010
do we need to send experince certifiacte to CIO with our application?

Can anybody give the list of documents we need to send with our initial application to CIO?
That would be a great help.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
property can be used as proof of funds..

see the Eg7 pdf.. Page 29.. section 10

thanks
avi_15
fma said:
Dear Dgm

1- POF it should be cash in bank or term deposits, no assets will be considerd as proof of funds.

2- if ur both professions are in current NOC u can claim points for both.

FMA

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Cappuccino said:
Ours was received by "Paul", shame we didn't get a surname because then we could at least corelate with other people to convince ourselves it had actually gone to the correct place!
Hmm, quite a few people on the Britishexpats forum say they had their application received by "Glen".

Wonder if it's the same person? Glen Miller... I wonder if he plays his trumpet when the application arrives? :)

Wayne.
Cappaccino!!! my application was also received by Paul on the 19th of July.

avbbs

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
NYC-USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-10
Doc's Request.
8-16-10
AOR Received.
12-6-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
12-6-2010
Dear FMA,

Please also add me to the sheet as well.

Sent application on: 11th August 2010
Received by CIO: 16th Augest 2010 by Miller
NOC: 1122
VO: Buffalo, USA

Thanks,

avbbs

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
NYC-USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-10
Doc's Request.
8-16-10
AOR Received.
12-6-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
12-6-2010
ammaartahir said:

ammaartahir
NOC-7216

Mine as well....Mine was received by Miller....I assume that this is the same one as yours....

:)

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
naviii123 said:
do we need to send experince certifiacte to CIO with our application?

Can anybody give the list of documents we need to send with our initial application to CIO?
That would be a great help.
Dear Naviii

Please see the following link...and first download Sl # 1. i.e. 'Instruction Guide'- IMM EG7000. It will give all the required details. Then download various forms in sl # 2.

www(dot)cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Hope it will work out. We are here to help you..... first go through the I/Guide..... .... and BTW, yes, we do require to send the experience certificate to CIO ....in the form of reference letter.

Cheers, Anil

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
avi_15 said:
property can be used as proof of funds..

see the Eg7 pdf.. Page 29.. section 10

thanks
avi_15
Yes, indeed :)

Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets.

D

drgladiator

dear Cappucino,
how & when will we know that PCC is required or not by VO?
I think only VO list of required docs will clarify this, which is not expected till 2 months of date of receipt of application by CIO.(i.e. till getting AOR from CIO)...
Can anybody in Canada CALL CIO about clarifying PCC reuirement by VO even if u had sent ORIGINAL PCC to CIO?
thanks

Cappuccino said:
Around 20th August CIC changed their website to state the PCC wasn't required at the application phase and that Visa Office would request this during processing. However, our Visa Office was London and their checklist when we mailed our application on 23rd August still explicitly asked for the PCC certificates, so since we had already paid to get them we sent them with our original application.

On 30th August (ironically the day our application was received by CIC) London issued an updated checklist, asking not to send the PCC until requested (too late for us of course).

The police certificates are valid for a year (although they must be no older than 3 months old when they are sent) so we're hoping that they will be acceptable. If they are not, then it's a relatively small cost and delay to get fresh ones if requested by VO.

For sure I would include them unless your visa office has amended their checklist to say they are not required at application stage, since they cannot fail you for including something that is not required, but they can fail you at VO for failing to include something which is.

Wayne.

D

drgladiator

New Delhi VO checklist says send all ur documents to CIO (except PCC)...Does it mean we will NOT be required to send again any documents (Except PCC)required on ND VO checklist i.e. work experience reference letter, POF bank certificate, university-sealed original transcripts?
what if u had already sent ORIGINAL PCC to CIO?
Can anybody in Canada pls call CIO for clarifying this....
thanks