13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
The main question in my mind is, why would an application submitted on Sept. 30 get an AOR ahead of all the rest?
Some other questions may be, what company did this person work for or what is his specific work experience, that would place his application ahead of the rest.
Other questions would be, what country did he apply from and where did he receive his AOR?
Come on Canadaforall, you can't drop a bombshell and just leave us hanging here! :)

Cam
Well, if you follow the May and June applicants thread you we will that some people whose application was received towards the end of June got their AORs before some of the people from early May. So it seems evidence that some eligibility reviews take longer than others.

This could be due to the individual applications, some require more thorough checks/borderline decisions. Or it may be that certain visa officers are responsible for certain types of occupation (it would make sense for a visa officer to at least have some knowledge of the occupations of the applications that he or she is assessing, especially science based applications). Some of these "teams" may be busier than others.

Despite some earlier confusion, it seems fairly certain that the NOC cap received put on the CIC website indicate those which have passed completeness check. So from that point of view it doesn't really disadvantage an individual application if their NOC eligibility review takes longer, since their application already counts towards the cap at that point. Of course the delay can be annoying.

So I think although we may now (hopefully) start to see some regular AORs coming in, they may be fairly scattered with regards when the application was actually received.

Let's see what the rest of this week brings!

Anyway many thanks to Canadaforall for bringing this information.

Wayne.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cam1234 said:
The main question in my mind is, why would an application submitted on Sept. 30 get an AOR ahead of all the rest?
Some other questions may be, what company did this person work for or what is his specific work experience, that would place his application ahead of the rest.
Other questions would be, what country did he apply from and where did he receive his AOR?
Come on Canadaforall, you can't drop a bombshell and just leave us hanging here! :)

Cam

Do not worry i am off today and relaxing on my computer today and can answer your questions. I like helping in this forum as others have helped me here a lot.

He applied from Europe, NOC 1122 , can not remember company, but he has 3 years working experience, received it in Europe still.

I myself was surprise that is what i said in my original post, will be seeing it with my eyes to night and will let you guys know the truth.

Canadaforall.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
canadaforall said:
Do not worry i am off today and relaxing on my computer today and can answer your questions. I like helping in this forum as others have helped me here a lot.

He applied from Europe, NOC 1122 , can not remember company, but he has 3 years working experience, received it in Europe still.

I myself was surprise that is what i said in my original post, will be seeing it with my eyes to night and will let you guys know the truth.

Canadaforall.
Where r u located? Just to get an idea when your night will be.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canadaforall said:

Canadaforall.
Ok thanks.

IMO there can be many factors which will determine the length of time an AOR will take after completeness check / encashment:

1) NOC code - if different visa officers are responsible for assessing different codes it will depend on complexity of the NOC and workloads

2) Visa office - seems likely, looking at the delays some from London, Buffalo and other offices experienced from the May and June applicants that the AOR is visa office dependent. They may not send it until the visa office has the capacity to stock the application

3) Strength of application - I would imagine "borderline" cases would require more thorough checking than straight-forward cases where the applicant is clearly eligible

So IMO we might expect the AORs to come in a somewhat random order compared with the date the application arrived, and this might explain why an application received on 30th September was the first AOR received.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canadaforall said:

Canadaforall.
If you could let us know the country and visa office it might keep us going until you get chance to see it tonight ;) Can you confirm that this AOR was by post, not by email?

Thanks,
Wayne.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cam1234 said:
Canadaforall:

A few questions:
-What company did this person work for or what is his specific work experience, that would place his application ahead of the rest?
-What country did he apply from and where did he receive his AOR?

Thank you,
Cam

Well, for the company he filled it in and i can not really remember the name and he had 3 years work experience. he applied from Europe and he received the AOR in Europe.

I also said in my original post that i was surprised. Waiting to see it with my eyes.

But to tell you the truth, because i had helped several people to arrange their application packages and they have succeeded, i took my time to arrange all the documents and everything. He had good score in IELTS and he also has a Master's Degree in his field.

The mistakes i made in my application i corrected in theirs as they are all my classmates and i like helping others like it is the spirit we have in this forum. We attended same University.

I can not imagine why they processed his application ahead of those who posted before him. For real i can not say. I will only confirm the truth with the paper in front of me. I will see the copy to night. Will give you details.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
I agree with you Wayen.
It is critical to apply the rule of 1st come 1st served on the completness check (cap filling) but no need to be applied on the later steps because there will be another factors as you said .

Cappuccino said:
Ok thanks.

IMO there can be many factors which will determine the length of time an AOR will take after completeness check / encashment:

1) NOC code - if different visa officers are responsible for assessing different codes it will depend on complexity of the NOC and workloads

2) Visa office - seems likely, looking at the delays some from London, Buffalo and other offices experienced from the May and June applicants that the AOR is visa office dependent. They may not send it until the visa office has the capacity to stock the application

3) Strength of application - I would imagine "borderline" cases would require more thorough checking than straight-forward cases where the applicant is clearly eligible

So IMO we might expect the AORs to come in a somewhat random order compared with the date the application arrived, and this might explain why an application received on 30th September was the first AOR received.

Wayne.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
If you could let us know the country and visa office it might keep us going until you get chance to see it tonight ;) Can you confirm that this AOR was by post, not by email?

Thanks,
Wayne.

It is from Finland and his Visa office is London. When he called me on the phone, i am sure he did not talk about E.mail he just said those people have sent him a mail, that he has to sent the papers to London. That is it and he was going to work so i told him i am off today that he should bring it when he is back from work so that i should have a look at it.

That is it for now.

C

Cam1234

canadaforall said:
It is from Finland and his Visa office is London. When he called me on the phone, i am sure he did not talk about E.mail he just said those people have sent him a mail, that he has to sent the papers to London. That is it and he was going to work so i told him i am off today that he should bring it when he is back from work so that i should have a look at it.

That is it for now.
Thank you immensely Canadaforall for your time... One last question, what papers? We have all sent complete applications, you mean PCCs??

Regards,
Cam

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canady said:
I agree with you Wayen.
It is critical to apply the rule of 1st come 1st served on the completness check (cap filling) but no need to be applied on the later steps because there will be another factors as you said .
Yes, his file is straight forward and he is single and nothing to be checking. His IELTS score is also very good. I can not explain why he got it first.

Will let you guys know the details soon.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canadaforall said:

That is it for now.

Hmm. If he applied after June 26th he would not have sent anything to London (visa office). The entire application including all supporting documents are sent to CIC, Sydney in Nova Scotia, Canada. If it passes completeness check, encashment of funds and eligibility review then CIC send the entire application including all documents to London.

So now I am confused that he sent any papers to London? Unless we are mixing things up, and this was the paperwork from his 120 day letter, and got a 2nd AOR from London? (i.e. his original application was sent pre-June-26 to CIC in Canada and his documents were sent to London on September 30th)?

Wayne.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cam1234 said:
Thank you immensely Canadaforall for your time... One last question, what papers? We have all sent complete applications, you mean PCCs??

Regards,
Cam
Well, he is not versed with the immigration terms so he just said papers. I will give details soon.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canady said:
Wayne, why you asked about the company ? is it an important detail which may affect the process line the NOC & VO ??
Erm, I didn't ask about the company? I only asked about the visa office and country.

Wayne.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
canadaforall said:

That is it for now.
I think it means, that whatever papers that they are now requesting (most likely PCC) are to be forwarded to London Office and not to CIC.