App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
dibs said:
Long Story short ....
Its a case of failed ER at the VO ... I had a total of 4.5 yrs exp .. more than 2 yrs as a Restaurant Manager (NOC 0631) and 2 as a Food Service Supervisor(NOC 6212) .. but my consultant wrongly gave the NOC code as 0631 for both my jobs ..

my application was assessed based on 0631 for both my jobs . The Reference letter that I submitted which relates to 6212 was even assessed based on 0631 .. My consultant never cared to put in the correct NOC code of 6212 where I worked as a supervisor, instead he gave the code there as 0631 .... and the application was rejected stating that employment letter do not indicate you performed the actions described in the lead statement for NOC code 0631 (Restaurant and food service managers) for the job i did as a supervisor . I was in fact awarded 17 points for the job that I did as Restaurant manager .

The explanation above is vague .. will post the exact details and wordings of the rejection letter tomorrow..
Sorry to hear that... hope you re-apply soon.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dibs said:
Long Story short ....
Its a case of failed ER at the VO ... I had a total of 4.5 yrs exp .. more than 2 yrs as a Restaurant Manager (NOC 0631) and 2 as a Food Service Supervisor(NOC 6212) .. but my consultant wrongly gave the NOC code as 0631 for both my jobs ..

my application was assessed based on 0631 for both my jobs . The Reference letter that I submitted which relates to 6212 was even assessed based on 0631 .. My consultant never cared to put in the correct NOC code of 6212 where I worked as a supervisor, instead he gave the code there as 0631 .... and the application was rejected stating that employment letter do not indicate you performed the actions described in the lead statement for NOC code 0631 (Restaurant and food service managers) for the job i did as a supervisor . I was in fact awarded 17 points for the job that I did as Restaurant manager .

The explanation above is vague .. will post the exact details and wordings of the rejection letter tomorrow..
My suggestion would be to make and highlight corrections to the pages in your original application and Fax them straight to the VO with an explanation cover letter with your Name, DOB and UCI as soon as possible. It's a small mistake and probably happened because people in different departments at the VO didn't crosscheck, otherwise it would've been obvious to them what happened. Worth a try at least.

C

Cam1234

CanadaJimmy said:
UPDATE FOR BUFFALO APPLICANTS

After a bit of toiling I managed to track down a number for someone at the Immigration desk at Buffalo (one that didn't just have a recording!). I spoke to her and asked why I hadn't heard anything for 6 months, she explained there was a massive backlog. She took my name, UCI number DOB and address and said she would look up my application and let me know via email if I was on the system or not. She explained that they actually have two systems, a new one and an old one, and at the moment I was speaking to her she only had access to the old system, which I would not be on since I posted to Sydney first. It sounds like it's quite confusing for them over there and they probably alternate on which system they are working on during the day.

This also means that Post June 26thers do not have priority over previous applicants, and also explains the patchy progress from that VO to us new applicants, they are working on us just at a very slow rate. I do wish I'd asked some more general questions such as the number of applications etc. but there we go. Perhaps if people on here can come up with a good list of questions I'll call back and ask them and record the responses.

She also said that phoning her wasn't much better than just using the General Enquiry email address, so I won't be sharing the phone number on here.
Hi CanadaJimmy:

Good to hear from you. If post June 26 applicants have no priority, then we are looking at 17 months from the date of RBVO. Most of us went into RBVO on March 15, so we are looking to get our visas by August 15, 2012... :eek: and that is if they don't delay processing times further.

Questions that come to mind:
Please explain the backlog, how many people?
Do post June 26 applicants get any priority?
What is her estimation of processing times now, 17 months? Will it get worse than that?

What I don't understand is, if we are not getting any priority, then how come two of our members are doing their medicals?

Thanks,
Cam

dibs

Oct 17, 2010
Kochi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band score 8.)
dibs said:
Long Story short ....

CanadaJimmy said:
My suggestion would be to make and highlight corrections to the pages in your original application and Fax them straight to the VO with an explanation cover letter with your Name, DOB and UCI as soon as possible. It's a small mistake and probably happened because people in different departments at the VO didn't crosscheck, otherwise it would've been obvious to them what happened. Worth a try at least.
Thx for the suggestion bro ... I expect help from all the seniors here !!

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Well,my deepest sympathy to Ashok. To be called for interview just to be told in person of your rejection is very poor.
If we can learn anything from this, is it that anyone being called for interview should get their CAIPS notes? That might shed some light on why they are calling you.
Is that a good idea?

I am also a bit miffed to see CanadaJimmy's findings from Buffalo. Isn't this a bit rubbish!?
Considering that there are many files that are from one VO being transferred t another VO for various reasons, (such as Pakistan applications being processed at London and others being transferred to Warsaw) couldn't CIC decide to transfer some of their applications to a VO that is less busy and managing to process quickly?
It is clear that it actually doesn't matter which VO processes the application because so many applicants are living in a country or have qualifications from a country which is not their native one and so their native VO would find it no easier to process their application than anywhere else.
In fact, they seem to do this with PNP applications because with them, CIC actually tell you which VO to send your documents to when they approve the PNP and it is not necessarily your native VO.
So why not do the same for FSW applications? This would help to not only alleviate current backlogs but would also make future backlogs less likely at certain VOs.

ira.s

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/18/2011
AOR Received.
3/15/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
dibs said:
Long Story short ....

If I were you I would let them know immediately!!! That is a minor error that shouldn't jeopardize your application! Contact them right away!

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
dibs said:
HI all ,
A real sad news from my end .. ""I'm Out Of The Race " :( got my rejection letter .. My agent messed it up ..
Oops :( The worst news one after the another! Sorry for you and Ashok. Screw that agent :mad: :mad: :mad:

I suggest you take CanadaJimmy's suggestion and contact VO ASAP.

I wish you and your family good luck in your further plans.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

dibs

Oct 17, 2010
Kochi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band score 8.)
indira_prab said:
Oops :( The worst news one after the another! Sorry for you and Ashok. Screw that agent :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish you and your family good luck in your further plans.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Indira ..

Any suggestions in my case ??

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Also, if Buffalo knows that there is such a backlog, I resent the fact that they are not communicating this to their applicants and allowing them this knowledge. People would find it easier to take it straight if there was to be such a delay that be in constant state of agitation waiting for news.
Keeping people in the dark is just unfair.
So sorry for dibs. If there is any chance to challenge the decision, then go for it!

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
ira.s said:
I just wanted to add that a great store for food (they have other stuff too) is Costco. I shop here in US in Costco and that was the first thing I checked if Toronto has it, and yes they do! It is a membership type of store and they sell stuff in bulks (restaurants supply there also!) but you end up paying half the price then in the regular store.
www.costco.com

You got the price of transportation for Toronto right, but I just wanted to share a link with pricing:
http://www3.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/index.jsp

So happy for you Indira! You are doing final preparations :)

~Ira
Thanks Ira :) While I feel its a bit early to speak about these stuff, i think this is the best way to kill the most uncertain wait time of our lives.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
dibs said:
Indira ..
Any suggestions in my case ??
I second CanadaJimmy's response to this. One thing is you can get the lawyer to sort this out, as this was clearly his mistake BUT, i don't think they will care much for your application as you do. So, please contact the NDVO directly and explain where the difference is and I hope you will have a chance if they try to review your file again. They might recalculate the points, hope that will not have an effect?

If you have a copy of the employment documents, reference letters, do take them with you. Request for a complete re-look of your application.

Thanks and keep us posted on your move.

Indira Prabhakaran.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Pippin said:
In BC school days are roughly 8:50 am - 3 pm. Parents are not allowed to drop children off much before that time and are expected to collect them as soon as school is out. In some schools, they have before and after care (privately paid for, but operated on school premises). Some day cares will deliver and pick up children from the schools as well. I don't know if all schools across Canada keep the same hours. Where my nephew went to school, they only had four days of school, but they were longer days. This was on Salt Spring Island, BC, where many children were brought to the main island by water taxi so it was more economical to transport them 4 days instead of 5. This is an unusal situation, but illustrates that it is important to know which school district you will be in. Worth a Google.
Thanks Pippin :)

So, we are looking at

Item Vancouver: Toronto
Rent - 1 bedroom 800 800
Food - Indian cooking for 2 adults and a kid 600 500
Travel - Public Transportation for 2A & 1 K --- 250
Phone * 2 and Internet --- 100
Daycare/after school day care 400 400
Travel - Car --- 350

It would be great if someone can provide inputs on the blanks above. I welcome people to edit the above table and bring us to a better picture.

Apart from this, how much do we spend on education, healthcare, miscellaneous stuff etc., during the initial days? I know the schools and health care is kinda free, but I'm sure there must be some minimal costs involved?

How about having a car in Vancouver? What is the cost?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

ira.s

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/18/2011
AOR Received.
3/15/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
indira_prab said:
Thanks Ira :) While I feel its a bit early to speak about these stuff, i think this is the best way to kill the most uncertain wait time of our lives.
I think that is great that you are preparing in advance! It is going to be huge cultural shock and just life changing event that we need control over things that we can have control over! And budget is a significant part of it!

BTW- I am voting for Toronto just because I want us to hang out (that is if I ever finish this process...)!

~Ira

p.s. if you want some more time to kill check out apartments on www.craigslist.org

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
kalabaza said:
Hi!

Here are my two cents, having sp'ent two years in Edmonton I will tell you that if you have an international drivers licence you can get insurance in Edmonton and Calgary, I dont know about other cities, but it will cost you at least 250 CAD per month, my recomendation, take your home country drivers licence, you can use it for three months and get insurance, visit any registries office and do your learners test, with the learners you can get a cheaper insurance, around 220 a month but you can not drive by yourself, you must be accompanied byt a holder of a drivers licence class 5, do your road test and you can drive by yourself paying aroun 180 per month for your insurance, all test have a price, you can get a very good winter car for 4500, I padi 5500 for a cavalier 2003 and it was awesome for winter, in winter time consider special tires for your car ...:)
Thanks for sharing this kalabaza :)

Indira Prabhakaran.