per received april 1,2011
AOR Received.
april 12, 1011
IELTS Request
attached,taken last dec 2010
Interview........
june 28,2011
hi forum mates!!!

i emailed the CIO last saturday march 26, 2011..until now they have not replied on my query.. I got NER because they have made a mistake in computing my ielts points.. i also faxed them last saturday asking them to reassess my papers because of the miscomputation.. anybody pleaes help..

how many days will the cio reply when you use email as means of communication? how about fax??

thank you..

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
March 23, 2011, 2ND AOR - 04/07/11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Oh yes, you have a very good point on that. My bad, i should have said its the visa not the mr :)

Cappuccino said:
You're never SAFE until you have the visa in the passport. Even after MR you can still fail on medical grounds, or security checks. I have even heard of people failing because CHC after interview did not believe they were married (and they had already had medicals by this point). Of course these cases are very rare but it seems it does happen. I am astonished but now finally will concede the visa office indeed do seem to do a 2nd eligibility review. However, I think is a quick check to confirm that CIO haven't made any mistakes - as opposed to CHC simply disagreeing with CIO out of pure opinion.

Do those people failing their eligibility review at visa office get a full refund? If they don't get a refund then this IMO is extortion on the part of CIC - "Yes, you're eligible -> Keep all the money -> Oh actually we've decided you're not eligible after all but we're keeping all the money anyway". NO WAY should they be allowed to get away with that.

Pretty sure a refund will happen since an application is not considered in processing until it has passed its eligibility review.

For anyone who fails at the visa office I would be very tempted to mail them - saying that why did CIO say it was a "final" eligibility review if visa office can still fail you. Why were CIO lying?

Wayne.

lizz

Nov 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants from Manila VO, here's our own thread :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-post-june-26-2010-cio-manila-vo-applicants-here-t62550.3060.html

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Kwatogmd said:
Hi lizz,

Just wanna share this to you and all of you here, according to my consultant we can be sure that vo or cio wont give as a refusal or denial letter until we are requested to have medicals. So MR is the most impt thing we should receive to say that our app were approved by canada :)

Lizzy
That makes no sense whatsoever. Applications can be refused...
1) At initial completeness check at CIO
2) At eligibility review at CIO
3) It seems at a 2nd eligibility review at visa office
4) After background/documents checks at visa office

All that happens BEFORE medicals so there are plenty of places an application can fail before medical requests.

An application can still fail after medical requests on medical or security grounds.

Very very very occasionally applications can still fail after PPR. I heard of one case where visa office requested passports. Then requested the husband+spouse to attend an interview, but failed the application because the visa office believed they were trained by a consultancy and not married.

So really the only time you are definitely going to get the visa is when you actually have it. Although after each stage your chances increase greatly.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Oh, by the way - address is gone again from ECAS!

I guess most visa offices are hoping to go "live" with GCMS on 1st April (tomorrow) which might explain it.

Wayne.

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
My address also gone.
But in process & details still alive with same lines.
Anybody can share, if.......... :eek:

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
9jcanada said:
Update for London VO applicants:

A colleague who applied in August 2010 (not a forum member), just called me now that he just got his Medical and RPRF request this afternoon. So It looks like London is still moving.

Goodluck to all.

9j
Dear 9jcanada,

Could you tell if your friend/colleague got a 2AOR from the London office or did he directly get the Medical and RPRF request just like the other 2 London applicants on this forum. Thanks... ;)

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
March 23, 2011, 2ND AOR - 04/07/11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Ikr, i already replied about that before u said it. If ull check on the previous post, i said that it should be the visa and not the mr.

Cappuccino said:
That makes no sense whatsoever. Applications can be refused...
1) At initial completeness check at CIO
2) At eligibility review at CIO
3) It seems at a 2nd eligibility review at visa office
4) After background/documents checks at visa office

All that happens BEFORE medicals so there are plenty of places an application can fail before medical requests.

An application can still fail after medical requests on medical or security grounds.

Very very very occasionally applications can still fail after PPR. I heard of one case where visa office requested passports. Then requested the husband+spouse to attend an interview, but failed the application because the visa office believed they were trained by a consultancy and not married.

So really the only time you are definitely going to get the visa is when you actually have it. Although after each stage your chances increase greatly.

Wayne.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Cappuccino said:
You're never SAFE until you have the visa in the passport. Even after MR you can still fail on medical grounds, or security checks. I have even heard of people failing because CHC after interview did not believe they were married (and they had already had medicals by this point). Of course these cases are very rare but it seems it does happen. I am astonished but now finally will concede the visa office indeed do seem to do a 2nd eligibility review. However, I think is a quick check to confirm that CIO haven't made any mistakes - as opposed to CHC simply disagreeing with CIO out of pure opinion.

Do those people failing their eligibility review at visa office get a full refund? If they don't get a refund then this IMO is extortion on the part of CIC - "Yes, you're eligible -> Keep all the money -> Oh actually we've decided you're not eligible after all but we're keeping all the money anyway". NO WAY should they be allowed to get away with that.

Pretty sure a refund will happen since an application is not considered in processing until it has passed its eligibility review.

For anyone who fails at the visa office I would be very tempted to mail them - saying that why did CIO say it was a "final" eligibility review if visa office can still fail you. Why were CIO lying?

Wayne.
This is quite unexpected. What's the point of the CIO eligibility review then if the VO can't trust the CIO to get it right? I thought the whole point of the fast-tracked process is to reduce duplication. We are certainly the guinea pig cohort. What's more is that the rejections are coming after the 2nd AOR. One would have expected that any eligibility review at the VO would be done before sending out 2nd AOR. Looks like the whole process is jumbled up. About time CIC publish a process flowchart to help clarify all this confusions.

@ Wayne: Based on Mrin007's post, it looks like they refunded his money, though his rejection was at CIO stage.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
queencougar said:
My husband did it on a two week visit (which Wayne knows and which is probably why he knew he could say it with confidence!). There's the proof.
Lots of research, lots of late-night calls and basically a lot of effort. No, the web pages are a rubbish way for people to find work in Canada. There is no point relying on web links like Job Bank as if you are not legally entitled to work in Canada at the point you apply because they will just bin your application. Canadians are not good with e-mail. They prefer personal contact and I for one can see why - it is the resort of people who do not make an effort. My advice to anyone really wanting or needing to find their job first is do your research on companies that might be interested in what you have to offer and call them personally. Then prove to them that you are serious by making the expensive journey and it can be done.
I am very surprised that anyone should expect any country to be interested in people who think that they can just fire off an e-mail CV and voila! a job will be offered to them.
Many people told us to give up as we weren't on the list but we refused to listen when they said it was impossible and kept on trying anyway.
Canada is a well-of country with a lot to offer to immigrants. Surely it is worth the effort? Cat 1 is actually a very easy route if you qualify for it. It costs some money and time, yes, but other than that it is just waiting.

Those of us without the benefit of being on the list have had to put way more effort into just getting to this stage than Cat 1s, for instance in our case my OH giving up his secure job here, over 7 months of separation from our partner, paying two lots of living expenses and hundreds of pounds we could ill afford for flights to see one another just twice in that time. Cat 1s who are moaning should ask themselves exactly what they have personally risked or sacrificed so far in this process and in most cases the answer will be nothing.
They say getting a job offer and LMO is next to impossible now. Only the very strong, committed and resourceful manage it and those qualities are what Canada wants. We are prepared to prove to Canada that we deserve a place there through our efforts.
People should remember that Canada is protecting its people with these regulations and requirements.
Immigration is not run for the good of the potential immigrant but for the good of the country.
Be glad you are currently meeting their criteria and have this chance.
BTW, I am in no way trivialising the fickle attitude of some government departments in other countries to issuing Visas but there are people who manage it. Effort and Luck are required to win the day.
agreed

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Wicked Blues said:
Dear 9jcanada,

Could you tell if your friend/colleague got a 2AOR from the London office or did he directly get the Medical and RPRF request just like the other 2 London applicants on this forum. Thanks... ;)
No he didn't receive any 2nd AOR to the best of my knowledge. I know he got his PER around xmas time and this is almost certainly the next communication he's getting after the PER email.

9j

kittu

Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2011, received by CIC 10-03-11
Doc's Request.
sent with app.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 28/04/2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Awaited
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 2011, submitted finally on 20 Dec 11
VISA ISSUED...
29 March 2012
LANDED..........
will land soon
indira_prab said:
Hello Raj,

I would suggest all of the passports to have minimum 1 year validity while sending it for stamping to be on the safer side :). You never know if CIC will ask to renew them before stamping. Even if they do not request for that, and stamp AS - IS, they will have to land before the passport expires, which is NOV 2011. Supposing it takes until July to stamp their passports(worst cases), they will be left with less than 4 months to land.

It's always safe to renew the passports before sending to CHC for stamping. We have heard a case where CHC said the applicant's photo is too different from the current one, and he had to renew it before stamping.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Hi Raj & Indira,

IMO when you intend to land in Canada or any other country for that matter, the passport should be valid for the next six months atleast. My friend's son was not allowed even for the surgical operation. SO in any case the passport's validity should be more than 6 months when you plan to move.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Kittu

rupesh nayak

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013 Medical result recieved line add in status on 27-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-01-2014 Submitted to NDVO 06-02-2014 Recieved by NDVO 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 recieved passport on 22-02-2014
Dear Anil and all,

please add my detail in spreadsheet

My palce of residence is India (gujarat)
PCC allready sended with my application
My file no. is started with E000
e-cas status on 31/03/2011 : Application recieved

if any more information is require then also tell me.

thank's for corespondance.

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
9jcanada said:
No he didn't receive any 2nd AOR to the best of my knowledge. I know he got his PER around xmas time and this is almost certainly the next communication he's getting after the PER email.

9j
Dear 9jcanada.

Thank you for the information. :D and good luck to all of us and hope that London office starts sending out more MR's...I hope Wayne gets it quickly as he has been waiting for quite some time now... :D

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
krishnameister said:
Hi Anil,
I have received a snail mail from Canada embassy, New Delhi and the date mentioned on that is March 22nd 2011. The brief contents in the letter:
a) My Application Number ( same as PER email ): Starts with E00
b) UCI Number ( same as PER email )
c) Processing time: This VO takes almost 10 months time and if I don't get update with in 6 months we can reach kind of info.
d)Interview: It may required to attend interview.
e) Prepare your self to immigrate to Canada
f) Let us know: If any changes in address or email id
g) Payment receipt barcode of initial DD.
Thank you Anil and every one who posts excellent suggestions to all Canada immigration desiring folks.
Regards,
Krishna :)
Congrats Krishna :)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.