+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status Tracker (PR Application)

DhiSin11

May 28, 2024
1. IP1, IP2 are completely meaningless, they don't exist. Your application is pending background check.
2. Trust your tracker - your eligibility is marked completed or recommended pass. A final review will be done before issuing your a PPR/RFV or a portal email.
3. No issues in calling them. Just that it is meaningless to hog up resources that others in need could take help from - status updates are a waste of everyone's time. But people with genuine concerns can't reach IRCC because of resource hogging. It is a Canadian way to living to be considerate of others.

>Had called IRCC customer care on 30th May, was informed Eligibility will get updated soon in GCKey, which didn't happen till now.

This is untrue. Your eligibility will never be marked completed on GCKey unless you are virtually landed or get your stamped CoPR. Technical definition of eligibility in GCKey is when you get A11.2 passed + get passports stamped/virtually landed. The agent would provide a decent picture of your current status, but expect them to be fuzzy on the details of what will happen in GCKey. GCKey is a legacy software and was never supposed to reflect such faster application processing times and was designed to support the old 8-12 months worth of processing time.
>"GCKey is a legacy software and was never supposed to reflect such faster application processing times"
This clarifies why both tracker and GCKey aren't in sync.. Was bit puzzled as Eligibility was not getting updated in GCKey. Given background check is in progress, I would rather wait to have the status updated in tracker.

Appreciate your help!!

peyman2024

Jun 4, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm a start up applicant. how can I check my status other than online service. this website doesn't give me full details of the process. I did the medical test 9 months ago and I have not received new update yet.

Last edited:

Mahbod66

Jun 26, 2024
Hello Everyone,
I am currently in the process of PR uder Nominee stream,I passed medical and biometric and Background check is in process. before background check startes we were asked for CV and Resume,I am just wondering what does it mean,