+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume CPC, officers will do lot more internal works on these e-mail ack files before holiday starts..

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, please note that the ECAS is not yet fully aligned to the new routine. So whatever you see may or may not be showing anything happening in office. I have seen people who already have test invite & ECAS still shows received. They still have a lot of work to do to update & train staff to use it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maali said:
Here it is (on CIC website right under where you see "received" or "in process")

Explanation

RECEIVED

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Application Withdrawn
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise us before a decision on your application has been made.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.
can u provide the link?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
can u provide the link?
when you login to eCAS it explains what all status means. To me this does not make any sense or is outdated in case of "new routine". You will have to wait few months to see your application in ecas. I see you sent your application 2 days back.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
catchvb said:
when you login to eCAS it explains what all status means. To me this does not make any sense or is outdated in case of "new routine". You will have to wait few months to see your application in ecas. I see you sent your application 2 days back.
If you can just copy paste the information regarding what each statement means, that would be great.

I just need to understand the concept regardless of the new routine.

Many Thanks.

Unomas

Nov 17, 2014
:) guys heres is my time line
Apli sent sep15.
Application received sep 19
Received email cooooxx nov 20
In process dec 12
Ecas updated today dec 19

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unomas said:
:) guys heres is my time line
Apli sent sep15.
Application received sep 19
Received email cooooxx nov 20
In process dec 12
Ecas updated today dec 19

just noticed

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2014.

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
just noticed

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

my dates are very close to yours, mine is received september 19 and AOR email was sent november 17, but still not in process, maybe next days or after vacations

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks most of June and July regular mail AOR applicants receiving their test dates. CIC kept e-mail AOR applications 5-6 month with them and now they started showing In Process. There could two possibilities.

1st One: CPC officers in Sydney did the processing work in background in those 5-6 months and now they updating in system and ready to transfer to the local office and schedule test within Jan-Feb.

Other is: CPC did nothing in those months and just they realized these applications are sitting in basket and started processing as fresh application which takes at least 3 month to transfer to local office and local office takes another 2-3 month schedule test sometime in April/May.

CIC should maintain their processing uni formality as they received the applications in order..

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
At last I see my eCAS updated.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
It looks most of June and July regular mail AOR applicants receiving their test dates. CIC kept e-mail AOR applications 5-6 month with them and now they started showing In Process. There could two possibilities.

1st One: CPC officers in Sydney did the processing work in background in those 5-6 months and now they updating in system and ready to transfer to the local office and schedule test within Jan-Feb.

Other is: CPC did nothing in those months and just they realized these applications are sitting in basket and started processing as fresh application which takes at least 3 month to transfer to local office and local office takes another 2-3 month schedule test sometime in April/May.

CIC should maintain their processing uni formality as they received the applications in order..
Other : CPC did nothing in those months and just they realized these applications are sitting in basket and started processing as fresh application which takes at least 3 month to transfer to local office and local office takes another 2-3 month schedule test sometime in April/May.

"Applications are sitting in Sydney" Several ATIP and Few calls to agents proves it. Probably they were waiting for system upgrade. Once it got upgraded they are processing now. I will not mind if the whole process (application to oath) is completed under a year. :)

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPC, Sydney likely will process fast in the order they received AOR email applications as they are aware of delay they caused. Also I think applicants from GTA may see test date earlier than other local offices due to ample staff facilities.

In my ATIP the criminality was due on Oct 02, and the officer assigned must have completed his part by now even late eCAS update. I think they did some processing specially on background check..

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was received July 9th and still showing 'Received'.
Should I wait a few more weeks before calling them?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Mine was received July 9th and still showing 'Received'.
Should I wait a few more weeks before calling them?
Calling them will change nothing. Monitor your eCAS in a week or so as CIC changing Received status gradually to In Process. But, as I said CIC might have started working on June/July files internally not updating the system.. Follow other June/July AOR e-mail applicant's status in next few weeks which will give some clear picture about the whole process..

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I received my aor in an email as well today and am October 2014 applicant. But non routine applications is not a good sign for us, please read the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

This means all of us have to go through longer wait time than usual because of our non routine application. :eek:

Not that funny huh