21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
itsvafa said:
Ok, it is for Ontario then! Does anyone know about BC?
I'm not sure about BC, and I think the regulations are province specific, at least in Ontario (it is NOT up to the schools to decide whether or not to grant domestic status). I know TyrusX has tried for Alberta before he became PR, and it did not work.

But then again, you may need to go an extra mile to convince them that PER is, for all practical purposes, equivalent to approval in principle. I had to argue long and hard with the immigration advisor at the UW to convince her, and she was not convinced until I pointed out specific explicit wording from the York University.

That set things in motions and she contacted the ministry, which then gave a positive confirmation.

They then sent out a university-wide email, and my friend at Guelph used the same email (from UW), and she too got her status changed to domestic.

I know people from UW, Guelph, Queens and York University who benefited from this email, so I was a bit surprised that they would give you a hard time this time.

But I fought my battle two years ago, you guys should fight yours now :)

Also, there should be no issue if your application got rejected. You are eligible for domestic tuition rates as somebody who has been approved in principle. If, God forbid, you get rejected, then you lose the status, and you simply have to revert back to paying international tuition.

I know this first-hand, because sarsanballa's first PR application was rejected, and this was exactly what happened to him (reverted back to international status, no big deal).

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
Yesterday, I received an email from CPC but no passport request. I have been requested medical exam for my second application with NOC 2133 (Electrical Engineer). My timeline for both application is as below:

PhD Stream:
Reached CIO: 2 June, 2014
PER: 17 September, 2014
Medical Request: 16 Oct
----------------------------------
NOC 2133- Electrical Engineer

Reached CIO: 11 June, 2014
PER: 8 October, 2014
Medical Request: 3 December, 2014
--------------------------------------
In my case we can see PhD stream is slightly faster. Another interesting point is I received my Access to Information Act after medical request for PhD stream, and I noticed they did not give me 5 points adaptability but even without those points I obtained 68 points. But for my second application I am quite sure without 5 points I could not pass the eligibility. So it means for NOC 2133 they gave me 5 points whereas they did not give me those points for PhD stream.

Also, in the email they asked me to send a copy of my passport as well as RPRF receipt via MAIL not Email. The reason they asked me a copy of passport can be related to expiry date of my passport. I renewed my passport in August. Also, they asked me to update them about my eye color and height, I guess they might think I grow up these days :)

I wish there is an option that they can use the Medical results and RPRF of my PhD application for Electrical Engineer application then I do not need to go all the medical process again.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
xhiddenx said:
Yesterday, I received an email from CPC but no passport request. I have been requested medical exam for my second application with NOC 2133 (Electrical Engineer). My timeline for both application is as below:

PhD Stream:

In my case we can see PhD stream is slightly faster. Another interesting point is I received my Access to Information Act after medical request for PhD stream, and I noticed they did not give me 5 points adaptability but even without those points I obtained 68 points. But for my second application I am quite sure without 5 points I could not pass the eligibility. So it means for NOC 2133 they gave me 5 points whereas they did not give me those points for PhD stream.

Also, in the email they asked me to send a copy of my passport as well as RPRF receipt via MAIL not Email. The reason they asked me a copy of passport can be related to expiry date of my passport. I renewed my passport in August. Also, they asked me to update them about my eye color and height, I guess they might think I grow up these days :)

I wish there is an option that they can use the Medical results and RPRF of my PhD application for Electrical Engineer application then I do not need to go all the medical process again.
Thanks for sharing. Actually, the reason you might not have gotten the adaptability point for PhD study is because some officers only check whether you are above 67 or not and when they realize that you are above 67 then they do not continue to add more points. It was the case for one of my friends. Note that it does not mean all officers act in this way. You can check if after the section for Phd study , you have gotten any other points or not.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
xhiddenx said:

PhD Stream:

Then what are you going to do? Do you undergo medical test again and pay new RPRF?
Why did they ask to mail the RPRF receipt?! Did they ask for mail delivery for your phd application as well or you sent it via email?

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
pepe84 said:
No way! My friends are from Waterloo and Guelph. There is no way it has happened to anyone here from these Universities. We have stressed all possibilities and they keep denying domestic fees with PER emails.

Please give me the contact of the person from either Waterloo or Guelph!
I am from southern Ontario and my few is reduced to donestic student with the PER email.

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
Viva2014 said:
Thanks for sharing. Actually, the reason you might not have gotten the adaptability point for PhD study is because some officers only check whether you are above 67 or not and when they realize that you are above 67 then they do not continue to add more points. It was the case for one of my friends. Note that it does not mean all officers act in this way. You can check if after the section for Phd study , you have gotten any other points or not.
I don't think the reason for not giving 5 points is I am above 67 points. I know one of my friend who got 76 points whereas they give him 5 points adaptability. But it is a good point for people who got rejection due to adaptability points. I am glad this time I did not rely on those points.

galaxytab

Feb 27, 2013
Hi Folks,

Could you please let me know your thoughts about this employment letter:

December 4, 2014
RE: Confirmation of Mr. XXXXXX’s (Student ID XXXXXX) Work Experience for his Application for Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXXXX has been assisting me as a graduate research assistant (RA) (NOC: 4012) since April 2013. His appointment consists of working 27‐39 hours per week. Mr. XXXXXX has already worked a total of 2580 hours as my research assistant and is paid a total of 28000 CAD for assisting me (average of 17684 CAD per year).
The positions which were held by Mr. XXXXXX and their working hours per academic semester are as follows:

Spring/Summer 2013 (4 months) 39 hours/week
Fall 2013 (4 month) 27 hours/week
Winter 2014 (4 month) 27 hours/week
Spring/Summer 2014 (4 month) 39 hours/week
Fall 2014 (3 month) 39 hours/week

Mr. XXXXXX’s responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, performing laboratory experiments (for use in scholarly publications), compiling and analyzing research results and developing the proper models for visualization challenges and assisting in preparing journal and academic venue papers.
If you have questions regarding Mr. XXXXXX’s employment please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. XXXXXX
Professor and Faculty member
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

Is than an acceptable letter? Any points or problems with it?
Thank you all dears :)

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
Dark_Diamond said:
Then what are you going to do? Do you undergo medical test again and pay new RPRF?
Why did they ask to mail the RPRF receipt?! Did they ask for mail delivery for your phd application as well or you sent it via email?
To be honest I do not know what should I do, I am considering several options. one option is I can wait for one month to see if I get passport request or not, then I can give medical exam, another option is I can do my medical test now and pay RPRF (Who knows which category is faster in this marathon). However, they will refund RPRF fee if I refuse later it means my risk costs around $250.

For PhD application, they just asked me to send the receipt via just Email.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
galaxytab said:
Hi Folks,

December 4, 2014
RE: Confirmation of Mr. XXXXXX's (Student ID XXXXXX) Work Experience for his Application for Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXXXX has been assisting me as a graduate research assistant (RA) (NOC: 4012) since April 2013. His appointment consists of working 27‐39 hours per week. Mr. XXXXXX has already worked a total of 2580 hours as my research assistant and is paid a total of 28000 CAD for assisting me (average of 17684 CAD per year).
The positions which were held by Mr. XXXXXX and their working hours per academic semester are as follows:

Mr. XXXXXX's responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, performing laboratory experiments (for use in scholarly publications), compiling and analyzing research results and developing the proper models for visualization challenges and assisting in preparing journal and academic venue papers.
If you have questions regarding Mr. XXXXXX's employment please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. XXXXXX
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

I would suggest to add the word " continuously from April 2013" in some places that you were assisting your supervisor. Furthermore, assisting the prof. for publishing journal or conference papers should be one of your responsibilities. It was one of the reasons that my application was rejected last time.

One further question: Are you in the second year? Because your work experience is less than 2 years!

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
galaxytab said:
Hi Folks,

December 4, 2014
RE: Confirmation of Mr. XXXXXX's (Student ID XXXXXX) Work Experience for his Application for Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To Whom It May Concern:

Mr. XXXXXX's responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, performing laboratory experiments (for use in scholarly publications), compiling and analyzing research results and developing the proper models for visualization challenges and assisting in preparing journal and academic venue papers.
If you have questions regarding Mr. XXXXXX's employment please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. XXXXXX
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

39 hours/week ??? It looks a little odd to me. It give me a feeling that you are trying to avoid working 40 hours/week as full-time, I will suggest to make it into 35 hours/week if your total working hour is enough.

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
galaxytab said:
Hi Folks,

December 4, 2014

To Whom It May Concern:

Dr. XXXXXX
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

Can you add "continuous" before appointment in line 2?

galaxytab

Feb 27, 2013
Thank you very much. I will add "continuous" to the letter for sure.
What if I write 40 hours/week rather than 39?

Dark_Diamond said:
One further question: Are you in the second year? Because your work experience is less than 2 years!
No, I am not a second year, but I changed my supervisor a while ago.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
"The employment letter signed by xxxxxxxxx from xxxxxx University xxxxx indicates your research, laboratory work, and teaching assistantship as 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. However, according to documents provided, you are enrolled in full-time study and, therefore, I am not satisfied that you also obtained full-time work experience for the same time period. Evidence of part A above cannot be established"

That s the reason my first application was refused. Fees were charged and NO PER but NER!

galaxytab said:
Hi Folks,

December 4, 2014

To Whom It May Concern:

Dr. XXXXXX
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

May 20, 2014
Hi all,

We have been waiting for the Passport Request since July. My wife's passport is expiring in 6 months. I can't find any information about the passport validity cushion time on cic website. Does anybody have any info about the required passport expiration time frame? I.e. do they want the passport to be valid for 6 months, 3 months, or no restriction? Any info is much appreciated.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Galiano Island said:
Hi all,

We have been waiting for the Passport Request since July. My wife's passport is expiring in 6 months. I can't find any information about the passport validity cushion time on cic website. Does anybody have any info about the required passport expiration time frame? I.e. do they want the passport to be valid for 6 months, 3 months, or no restriction? Any info is much appreciated.
Below is expert of my passport request email. hope this works.

********************************************************************************************************STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS If you and your dependants reside in Canada

How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPC-O)

Please note that CPC-Ottawa does not send out passports outside of North America.

Submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:

CPC – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPC – Ottawa

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

If you have a mailing address in Canada: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet. CPC-Ottawa accepts no responsibility for any passport lost in the mail.

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

- Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.

- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

If you have a mailing address in the United States: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. Follow the link to purchase your shipping label:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Final Note

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

Sincerely,

******************************************************************************************************