+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it will affect, unless Harper wants to stop all immigration processes which I think its ridiculous. But anyhow, I just noticed that CIO stopped updating the caps since october 3 and according to the spreadsheet tracker, none post July 7 applicants are getting CC charged nowadays. Shall we be worried about potential delays?

bluelotus said:
Fellow companions,
Do you think that the Ottawa parliament shooting event will slow down or have any detrimental effect on in-process and future applications?

Feel free to share your ideas and any significant update from media here. Thanks :).

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Re: ME received but might be delayed due to pregnancy

bluelotus said:
Of course you have to reply to the officer asap via email and explain your wife's pregnancy. They should give you instructions accordingly and postpone your medical if it's risky to go thru x-ray test. I remember one older applicant whose case was similar. He contacted CIC and did his wife's medical after the birth of his child. his process was delayed but eventually he landed and became PR. You can knock him directly, unfortunately I forgot his name. You can ask someone senior like TyrusX who might recall the story and name. Don't worry much. Because if you explain to CIC clearly, they will be very concerned about your family members's health and safety, and they will give you more time. All the best.
Thanks for sharing this and I will try to find him for further details. How can I contact the visa officer via email? Do I have to email the VO who is responsible for my case? I only have one email address which is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and this is how they contact me. So I am assuming that I send out my enquiry to this email address with my UCI number and application number included and in this way CIC will be able to identify me and transfer my enquiry to the VO who is responsible for my case. Is that correct? Thanks!

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Re: ME received but might be delayed due to pregnancy

churchill1985 said:
Thanks for sharing this and I will try to find him for further details. How can I contact the visa officer via email? Do I have to email the VO who is responsible for my case? I only have one email address which is CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and this is how they contact me. So I am assuming that I send out my enquiry to this email address with my UCI number and application number included and in this way CIC will be able to identify me and transfer my enquiry to the VO who is responsible for my case. Is that correct? Thanks!
Yes, you should email to the CPC-CTD address with your application details as reference at the beginning of the email. Then they should give you further instructions. In the meantime you can also call CIC call centre or send them a hard mail (to the address mentioned in the RPRF email) if you do not receive a quick email reply from them.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Hi Admin:

THis is reminder to change my status in the tracker. I sent my PP on Oct 10 and got back my visa on Oct 21.

In the mean time also correct my nationality to Nepal (It is written as India)

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Can women do medical test during their menstrual cycle?
The reason I'm asking is that I called medical clinic and they said that it's fine. But it seems that the people are generally advised not to take the test during menstrual cycle as traces of blood might be found in the urine. I'd appreciate if you could share your similar experience here.
Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Menstrual cycle will be gone in 7 days. Can you not wait? It is not something like a pregnancy!! So better wait to avoid red cells in the urine!!!!

pyzdfr said:
Can women do medical test during their menstrual cycle?
The reason I'm asking is that I called medical clinic and they said that it's fine. But it seems that the people are generally advised not to take the test during menstrual cycle as traces of blood might be found in the urine. I'd appreciate if you could share your similar experience here.
Thanks

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am compiling all the documents I need to re-apply for my PR application. Last time around I was missing the "assist" keyword apparently in my RA letters according to the GCMS notes I ordered. However I also provided some work experience for TA work. They did accept those letters, however I don't understand their calculation of equivalent full time work experience.

So according to the GCMS notes they accept that I had TA work experience from Sept of some year - April of next year. According to the reference letter I provided, the letter said that TAs work 12 hours per week. However for this period they gave me only 1 month of full time work experience. I had another section of TA experience, this time from Jan - Aug of the same year, and then according to them this counted as 1 month of full time work experience as well. So in total they gave me 2 months of full time work experience from TA and 0 from RA. I will reapply with better written RA letters this time which explain what I do in more detail and use "assist" keyword when appropriate. However my worry is that their calculation of equivalent full time work experience is way off ! Does anyone has some insight into this ?

Many thanks !

zedd4x

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Can someone please let me know how long it takes to receive GCMS notes if I apply online and request to receive them via email?
Thanks

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
pyzdfr said:
Can someone please let me know how long it takes to receive GCMS notes if I apply online and request to receive them via email?
Thanks
It took me around 1.5 months to receive them.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
zedd4x said:
It took me around 1.5 months to receive them.
Thanks. Actually, it's longer than what I expected.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Greetings everyone! I just received my PR card, so I wanted to share my experience waiting with you. Maybe this will help someone who is also in the same situation.

I landed on May 25, 2014, and heard nothing from CIC for about two months, after which time I called their help line. The representative told me that my case has been sent for "data verification", the procedure applied to a small random selection of new PRC applications. I waited for another month, and there was no update in the status, so I requested GCMS notes about my PRC application. The report came in a month later, and it said that "09JUL2014 REFERRED TO CSU FOR DATA VERIFICATION MW/PRC/SYDNEY". All this time I could not see my PRC application status through the eCAS system. Around October 10 I checked eCAS and finally saw the new entry referring to my PRC application, saying that my application was being processed since October 8. It showed as a separate application, the immigration status did not change at all. Finally, my PR card was issued on October 16, and I received it in the mail on October 22. My PRC eCAS status changed to "Complete".

It is interesting that my timeline appears to have been similar to that of PRC renewal; that is, October 8 was about the time when the processing moved on to the renewal applications from the late May. I am not sure if it was a coincidence or if "data verification" means sending an initial PRC application to the standard route.

Good luck everyone still waiting for your PR card!

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
kg.jadu said:
Greetings everyone! I just received my PR card, so I wanted to share my experience waiting with you. Maybe this will help someone who is also in the same situation.

I landed on May 25, 2014, and heard nothing from CIC for about two months, after which time I called their help line. The representative told me that my case has been sent for "data verification", the procedure applied to a small random selection of new PRC applications. I waited for another month, and there was no update in the status, so I requested GCMS notes about my PRC application. The report came in a month later, and it said that "09JUL2014 REFERRED TO CSU FOR DATA VERIFICATION MW/PRC/SYDNEY". All this time I could not see my PRC application status through the eCAS system. Around October 10 I checked eCAS and finally saw the new entry referring to my PRC application, saying that my application was being processed since October 8. It showed as a separate application, the immigration status did not change at all. Finally, my PR card was issued on October 16, and I received it in the mail on October 22. My PRC eCAS status changed to "Complete".

It is interesting that my timeline appears to have been similar to that of PRC renewal; that is, October 8 was about the time when the processing moved on to the renewal applications from the late May. I am not sure if it was a coincidence or if "data verification" means sending an initial PRC application to the standard route.

Good luck everyone still waiting for your PR card!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've heard about data verification for PRC applications and unfortunately it is painfully long. I'm glad to see that you finally got your card.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Greetings everyone :). I sent my passport on Oct. 16 (reached CPC on the 20th) and now waiting. The final line so far on my eCAS (decision made) is showing now: "A decision has been made on your application, the office will contact you concerning this decision."

My question to recently landed applicants or who also received PR cards recently:

What are the next lines/comments in eCAS status after you send the passports and after you receive PR cards? And if you recall then at what point (how many days later) did you notice the addition of the new comment in your respective eCAS status?

Thanks very much for your help.