+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
HI All,
I am a third year PhD student and want to apply FSW PhD stream.
Here I have one question, please advise.
As a graduate research assistant, I have fellowship as financial support. So I do not have T4s but T4As. But in the checklist, it asks copies of T4s. Can I submit my T4As and explain that my fellowship supports me as a research assistant.
As a graduate teaching assistant, I do have T4s, but the amount on each T4 is just around 4000$. And the working hours are around 150 hours per academic year.
So for me, can I submit my copies of T4As and T4s and explain the income on T4As is the salary for research assistant and the income on T4s is for TA?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Daretobenku

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
daretobenku said:
HI All,
I am a third year PhD student and want to apply FSW PhD stream.
Here I have one question, please advise.
As a graduate research assistant, I have fellowship as financial support. So I do not have T4s but T4As. But in the checklist, it asks copies of T4s. Can I submit my T4As and explain that my fellowship supports me as a research assistant.
As a graduate teaching assistant, I do have T4s, but the amount on each T4 is just around 4000$. And the working hours are around 150 hours per academic year.
So for me, can I submit my copies of T4As and T4s and explain the income on T4As is the salary for research assistant and the income on T4s is for TA?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Daretobenku
I think the best you can do is to get your supervisor to write a letter for your RA. In the letter you can mention that your source of income is the fellowship. I believe cic is more strict about your duties and format of letter rather than your income.
As you mentioned, TA is not much of help but it's better than nothing.

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
HI, thanks for your reply. Hope CIC does not mind the source of income.
I only worry for the checklist. If you could notice in the checklist of FSW, it does mention include copies of T4s.

pyzdfr said:
I think the best you can do is to get your supervisor to write a letter for your RA. In the letter you can mention that your source of income is the fellowship. I believe cic is more strict about your duties and format of letter rather than your income.
As you mentioned, TA is not much of help but it's better than nothing.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The checklist does mention copies of T4 or pay stubs, however those are supporting documents for CIC. You better ask your supervisor for a well detailed reference letter and send it as a proof of your work experience. If the reference letter includes all duties, salaries, time periods as RA and hours worked per week, you will unlikely be asked to submit T4 and pay stubs at a later stage.

Good luck!

daretobenku said:
I only worry for the checklist. If you could notice in the checklist of FSW, it does mention include copies of T4s.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
daretobenku said:
I was in a similar situation and my main source of income was a fellowship. So, I asked the grad office to peovide me a letter wherein the full details of award were described. It's a good idea to include such a letter in your application package as supporting document.

Good Luck

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Applications received toward the overall cap: 95 of 500 (as of October 3, 2014).

That is very little! barely 20 per month.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
I need to send police certificate to CIC. Should I include a cover letter or something?

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
THANKS. I WILL TRY TO GET A LETTER LIKE YOURS.
MAY I ASK HOW IS YOUR APPLICATION GOING ON?
pyzdfr said:
I was in a similar situation and my main source of income was a fellowship. So, I asked the grad office to peovide me a letter wherein the full details of award were described. It's a good idea to include such a letter in your application package as supporting document.

Good Luck

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
daretobenku said:
THANKS. I WILL TRY TO GET A LETTER LIKE YOURS.
MAY I ASK HOW IS YOUR APPLICATION GOING ON?
It's going fine. I got my medical and RPRF requests last week.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pyzdfr;

When did you apply for PR? Please share your journey with us! Thanks!

pyzdfr said:

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Bluelotus, you are almost landing!

I just wanted to ask you if you submitted T4A or T4 slips with your application or were you asked to provide these supporting forms?

Thanks!

bluelotus said:
Greetings everyone :). I sent my passport on Oct. 16 (reached CPC on the 20th) and now waiting. The final line so far on my eCAS (decision made) is showing now: "A decision has been made on your application, the office will contact you concerning this decision."

My question to recently landed applicants or who also received PR cards recently:

What are the next lines/comments in eCAS status after you send the passports and after you receive PR cards? And if you recall then at what point (how many days later) did you notice the addition of the new comment in your respective eCAS status?

Thanks very much for your help.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
TyrusX said:
Applications received toward the overall cap: 95 of 500 (as of October 3, 2014).

That is very little! barely 20 per month.
Note that these are processed applications (PER issued), not received as it says.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, you are right and considering that they haven't updated the cap since Oct 3rd plus the fact that they are now issuing PERs to July 11 applicants, the overall cap may now be close to 250 as of today.

it's just my statistics but it may work :)

rogelio said:
Note that these are processed applications (PER issued), not received as it says.

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing your story and happy to know your case goes so smoothly.
May I ask whether you submitted your T4As in the application package.
In the IMM5612, it says:

If you and/or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner have engaged in full-time work in Canada,
with appropriate authorization, for a period of at least one year in the past 10 years, provide:

letter(s) of reference (as per requirements stated above) from your past Canadian employer(s),

a copy of any T4s if available,

a copy of the employment authorization. (What is this, is our study permit OK?)
Important:
when submitting your tax information, be sure to black out your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to protect
this personal information.

Thanks.
pyzdfr said:

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
pepe84 said:
plus the fact that they are now issuing PERs to July 11 applicants
How do you know? It's only 30 June according to a regular FSW spreadsheet. Processing times may be different, though.