Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beishidashuo said:
Yes, I can try CEC, I think. I graduate one year ago. Worked a PDF for a year now.

Did you reapply under the same category? That is another 550CAD. Those magic words are so expensive!!!! TIME and money!!! Rediculous.
If you are qualified under CEC, then go for it as well. :)
Yah, I reapplied in the same category, and it was more than CAD550 as I needed to prepare all the other documents all over again. :((( Wasted a lot of time and money but it worked this time by the Grace of God Almighty. :)

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Congratulations to you! I am waiting for my birth certificate to come from home. I will call MP tomorrow, see what she is up to . God bless me, hopefully, I do not need to reapply for it..........

sarsanballa said:
If you are qualified under CEC, then go for it as well. :)
Yah, I reapplied in the same category, and it was more than CAD550 as I needed to prepare all the other documents all over again. :((( Wasted a lot of time and money but it worked this time by the Grace of God Almighty. :)

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beishidashuo said:
Congratulations to you! I am waiting for my birth certificate to come from home. I will call MP tomorrow, see what she is up to . God bless me, hopefully, I do not need to reapply for it..........
Thanks, :) and wish you all the best for your endeavour.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Where is my forgotten-fellow Kaziahmmed?! We gotta launch a search for her/him. Should be here to hold hands with me to go through this together. Unless he/she has also received the MR and is celebrating it.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
Hello there, I am early June applicant, and got confirmation Mid-June. They have skipped my application it seems to me.
Oh, I see! You should hear from them these days, what is your application due date if you received any GCMS notes?
Would you please post your exact times and info?

Anna2013 said:
Where is my forgotten-fellow Kaziahmmed?! We gotta launch a search for her/him. Should be here to hold hands with me to go through this together. Unless he/she has also received the MR and is celebrating it.
He has been inactive since Nov 4th!

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
Oh, I see! You should hear from them these days, what is your application due date if you received any GCMS notes?
Would you please post your exact times and info?
He has been inactive since Nov 4th!
These have been very tense months as I cannot afford getting rejected. I only got one GCMS notes with due date being Oct 01; I ordered very late so I assume my original due date must have been around mid-June and has been changed to Oct because of the strike and also CIC's hate toward Jun-Jul applicants.

The rest of the info, I got doc request (tailored for Iranians) end of Jan and then wait and wait...

Ouh, then that should be it. He has received MR on Nov 04 and has been dancing since then.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
These have been very tense months as I cannot afford getting rejected. I only got one GCMS notes with due date being Dec 01; I ordered very late so I assume my original due date must have been around mid-June and has been changed to Oct because of the strike and also CIC's hate toward Jun-Jul applicants.

The rest of the info, I got doc request (tailored for Iranians) end of Jan and then wait and wait...

Ouh, then that should be it. He has received MR on Nov 04 and is dancing since then.
Don't worry, they'll contact you very soon.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Dani1982 said:
yes, I saw that pre-assessment by SL, that guy did not consider my RA because of missing lead statement in my very first RA letter.

WOW! So sorry to hear that. I thought you got your medicals!
This is their ridiculous and unfair system that I've always complained about. Many suffered, but a few got their files reopened. So try both MP and email. You are an old user, so you well know what to do.

Good luck!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
These have been very tense months as I cannot afford getting rejected. I only got one GCMS notes with due date being Oct 01; I ordered very late so I assume my original due date must have been around mid-June and has been changed to Oct because of the strike and also CIC's hate toward Jun-Jul applicants.

Ouh, then that should be it. He has received MR on Nov 04 and has been dancing since then.

Neither can I. My app. will not go through if they don't accept my work exp. from home country or they don't consider my updated letters. Chances are still high to get refused as I see what's happening to other applicants.

I am defending my thesis very soon and I am applying for job opportunities these days. Many places have already asked if I am a PERMANENT RESIDENT, and sadly I had to say "no, but I have a work permit and my app. is in process". This will absolutely make hiring managers upset, so we may simply lose some opportunities. This is hurting us at the cost of losing some good starts in our careers. I am so unhappy about it.

If they refuse me this time, I will never spend a penny for this useless stream.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update your schedule 3 form when updating your RA letter.

I did that.They accepted my updated letter and gave me the work experience points according to what I had claimed in the updated schedule 3 form.

Also, when I emailed them my updated work experience letter, I mentioned parts of the operation manual regarding the work experience between application and assessment.

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
beh467 said:
Update your schedule 3 form when updating your RA letter.

I did that.They accepted my updated letter and gave me the work experience points according to what I had claimed in the updated schedule 3 form.

Also, when I emailed them my updated work experience letter, I mentioned parts of the operation manual regarding the work experience between application and assessment.
I have updated my RA letter twice (both times I sent my updated RA letter with Canada post and email and I got the auto-reply from CIC that confirm they just received my email). Also, I met the MP to make ensure that CIC received my updated RA letters and attached them to my file. The MP has checked with them and told me that they have received and attached the updated RA letters to your file.
Now, just I want to know should I update my schedule 3 form?

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hello Guys
Do you have any idea what "leading statement" is?. It seems they are rejecting some people because of that.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
WOW! So sorry to hear that. I thought you got your medicals!
This is their ridiculous and unfair system that I've always complained about. Many suffered, but a few got their files reopened. So try both MP and email. You are an old user, so you well know what to do.

Good luck!
Thank you man, I am trying every possible option now! I hope I can persuade them to reopen my file, but I think it really depends on the evaluating officer. wish me luck :)