14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Parkinson said:
I really started to be worried now. It seems that they are not willing to award us adaptability points for spouse education or completing Master degree in Canada unless they have very strong evidence. In my case, based on GCMS notes, FA did not awarded me adoptability points for spouse education.The only thing I could do was sending them an email and reattaching the master's degree.It's so funny because my spouse is a phd student too and we even sent a letter of attestation for him, too. But, now I think it's not enough for them. They want accredited degree, although we applied before May 4! Maybe N_O and I should assess our spouse's degree before they reject us for the same rediculous reason! It's so unfair.
In my friend's case they did not noticed his master's degree and certificate. It was not related to adaptability points, it was his actual education. Your case seems to be about adaptability points for your spouse.

Regarding accredited degree, they should not require it for prior-to-May applicants and I don't think they do so. My friend's case was an extra ordinary case. I think when they rejected him, they first tried to refuse his true claim by all means such as "not accredited degree" and "unofficial PhD program information" which are all silly excuses.
But then they realized that it is a serious mistake from their end and that can not be hidden or subsided. So they had to re-open his case.

Generally I think, as long as you are not rejected, you will be most likely processed fairly. But if you get rejected whether fairly or unfairly, then chances are very low that they accept your claim and re-open your file, unless it is a really BIG mistake from their end or you are so lucky.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

I attended a workshop today, and the consultant there (RCIC member) said that the RAship will not be counted unless it is taxable.

Any ideas?

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
I have updated my RA letter in August. I would be really thankful if you could review it and let me know your comments.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr. ***has assisted Professor *** in research activities in area of ***.
His main roles and responsibilities were:
1. Conduct research in *** laboratory.
2. Analyze the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
3. Participate in research group meetings and seminars.
4. Prepare publications (journal articles and papers) of research results.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of ***for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).
7. Preparing and delivering research presentation.
Also his salary for his work was as following:
1. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
2. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
3. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
3. From *** to ***: ***$CAD

If you required more information, please contact me at my address below.

Yours sincerely,

What do you think? Is it good enough? should I prepare another one and send them?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
chenying3612 said:
Hi everyone,

I attended a workshop today, and the consultant there (RCIC member) said that the RAship will not be counted unless it is taxable.

Any ideas?
I think they just want to warn people but they still accept it for prior-to-May applicants.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
I really started to be worried now. It seems that they are not willing to award us adaptability points for spouse education or completing Master degree in Canada unless they have very strong evidence. In my case, based on GCMS notes, FA did not awarded me adaptability points for spouse education.The only thing I could do was sending them an email and reattaching the master's degree.It's so funny because my spouse is a phd student too and we even sent a letter of attestation for him, too. But, now I think it's not enough for them. They want accredited degree, although we applied before May 4! Maybe N_O and I should assess our spouse's degree before they reject us for the same ridiculous reason! It's so unfair.
Hello Parkinson,

I cannot find your original post, so I copied it from Hamed_Hamed_Hamed post!
Have you received a new set of GCMS notes? that shows FA has already assessed your application and didn't award you any adaptability points for you spouse's education?! FA hasn't touched mine yet although I applied before you.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
Hello Parkinson,

I cannot find your original post, so I copied it from Hamed_Hamed_Hamed post!
Have you received a new set of GCMS notes? that shows FA has already assessed your application and didn't award you any adaptability points for you spouse's education?! FA hasn't touched mine yet although I applied before you.
Hi dear N_O,
No. In my new notes nothing has changed. My eligibility value is still not started. The last one who updated my eligibility was FA who awarded me 62 points as I told you before in this forum. Maybe you can wake them up by proactively sending them updated PCCs. Is there any actions in your notes like criminality, RCMP?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I think they just want to warn people but they still accept it for prior-to-May applicants.
Hi guys,

I just sent my 2nd application, in which I included both TA and RA.
I claimed 20 hour per week for RA, 10 hours per week for TA, and mentioned that I was conducting full time studies (15 hours per week).

So, what is this new thing about not accepting RA anymore?

Should I withdraw my application? And how can I show that I have more than 12 months of full time experience without it? I was sure it was for the CEC stream that they refused it...

Any advice welcome...

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
ASG said:
Hi guys,

I just sent my 2nd application, in which I included both TA and RA.
I claimed 20 hour per week for RA, 10 hours per week for TA, and mentioned that I was conducting full time studies (15 hours per week).

So, what is this new thing about not accepting RA anymore?

Should I withdraw my application? And how can I show that I have more than 12 months of full time experience without it? I was sure it was for the CEC stream that they refused it...

Any advice welcome...

Those who got their medicals and already have a recent GCMS notes can simply check their work experience points and clarify on this.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
Hi dear N_O,
No. In my new notes nothing has changed. My eligibility value is still not started. The last one who updated my eligibility was FA who awarded me 62 points as I told you before in this forum. Maybe you can wake them up by proactively sending them updated PCCs. Is there any actions in your notes like criminality, RCMP?
No, nothing has been started yet! I am gathering our PCCs, they maybe ready by January.